addons

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
mayainverse

addons

#1 Post by mayainverse » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:44 am

what i normaly do is have 1 account open for my main that i actually play on. then 1 or 2 other accounts that are farming. but since i use a bit of mods on my main that are useless on others how can i disable these just on those characters.

jduartedj

Re: addons

#2 Post by jduartedj » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:50 am

mayainverse wrote:what i normaly do is have 1 account open for my main that i actually play on. then 1 or 2 other accounts that are farming. but since i use a bit of mods on my main that are useless on others how can i disable these just on those characters.
Some addons AREN'T char specific, btu i guess a work around would be to open the other 2 first whitout the addon in the folder and then put the addons on the folder and run the main char
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:32 am

If you don't use autologin on the bot accounts that would work for you. Once the bot is up and running it won't have the addons unless you

Code: Select all

/Script ReloadUI()
or change characters.

Considered having 2 copies of rom on PC? One with addons in folder one without for botting? Would take up more space in HDD obviously but then you won't ever need to worry about moving files around.
If you do, then bot with the one in the usual folder and play with the new copy of rom in another folder.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

swietlowka

#4 Post by swietlowka » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:47 am

i have this setup... its problematic, because of all the addons use one file as theire database, and when u launch another rom witohut some of them it deletes theire config...
id really like if someone could make an addon that loads or not addons considering the character loaded... f/e in addition to autologin and somehow make the addons write theire data to character specific database witch configs...
man that would rock... probably is not possible though

lisa

#5 Post by lisa » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:19 am

It would be possible and it would deff use the /Script ReloadUI() command. It would also take some time to do, it would deffinately be classed as a RoM addon though and not really to do with MM Rombot.
I've seen a few addons like this for WoW.

When you reload the UI it basically checks the addons folder and loads anything inside it, if folders arn't there then they arn't loaded.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

swietlowka

#6 Post by swietlowka » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:35 am

i know that, but i see it somehow diffrent, like lets say make another folder and make a addon that calls specific addons from within that folder, and only addon loaded by game itself would be the new one

Administrator
Site Admin

#7 Post by Administrator » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:27 pm

This would probably require modification of the game client. Maybe if you get enough people to demand it from the developers, they would change it to something more like what WoW has setup.