Rock5's Millers Ranch Scripts

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
rock5

Re: Rock5's Millaers Ranch Scripts

#81 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:42 am

Has anyone else sometimes find the eggs are not clickable? It's happened to me twice. Both times it was the left most egg. When it tries to click it or when I click it manually it says "Currently busy. Please try again later." So far I've found no way to recover except logging off and on and loosing all those stacked eggs.

If anyone ever figures out how to recover from this and collect those eggs, let me know.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

silinky

#82 Post by silinky » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:24 pm

happened to me too, but don't know why. for me it was the rightmost egg, and even the chicken.
i relogged, it was no biggie, but it can slow you down if you dont see it in time.

salient

#83 Post by salient » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:43 am

what reason would we have to do the goats over the golden eggs? Eggs are worth tons of gold at the moment, and the only special item I got from doing goats for two days was a few +10 loyalty food which are pretty worthless since you can just buy loyalty food for a fraction of the cost of a golden egg.

swietlowka

#84 Post by swietlowka » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:01 am

i would say they might done it for purpose, like anti botting bug :P

fred55555

#85 Post by fred55555 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:24 am

had the same thing happen last night

chicken became unclickable, had two chickens on the nest and character just kept going to same waypoint trying to click chicken

I know if you exit and enter farm it is reset and works

maybe put a section in the script after 100 times completing the quest go exit and then reenter zone.

didnt try to reload ui, i wonder if that would have worked

other wise it is a very sweet script cant thank you enough for sharing it

rock5

#86 Post by rock5 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:41 pm

fred55555 wrote:didnt try to reload ui, i wonder if that would have worked
I can confirm, that doesn't work.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

fred55555

#87 Post by fred55555 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:09 pm

i didnt even look is there a channel associated to the farm if so then we could use the switch channel command string

if not guess we still out of luck :)

ill check over the weekend

Paton

#88 Post by Paton » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:08 pm

@Rock5
Hello,
ive installed Micromacro first time and your 2 scripts and all worked nicely on the first try. ;)

I am new to LUA and Micromacro, but have some years experience with botting in Ultima Online, Everquest 2 and so on...

I would like to comment something on your egg script and have some questions.

1. I have checked romwiki for the function player:target_Object() and you are using ids instead of names, which is great cause it makes language indepent. Where do get all those Ids(same for quests) from ? Can you point me out some link ?

2. I like to get scripts as fast as possible and in your egg script you return to waypoint after 1 feed try one a hen. Is there any reason you do that ? Just scan again until all hens gone in given distance ? This would help speed it up alot. Maybe we can tweak the script for more speed. Time doesnt matter for some people, cause they let it run over night, but i still would like it more time efficient.

3. Can you point me out some links to more well done ROM scripts, so i can study and learn from them ?

Paton

Strange_d

#89 Post by Strange_d » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:00 pm

1>In the root of the Rom folder there is getid.lua, you can run this and hover your mouse over things ingame and it will tell you the ID.

2>My guess after running it is because the chickens don't stay in one place after you feed them because it doesn't know if it was successful to feed, only if there are chickens present or not so sending it back to the start waypoint lets you find chickens without error.

rock5

#90 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:46 pm

Paton wrote:@Rock5
Hello,
ive installed Micromacro first time and your 2 scripts and all worked nicely on the first try. ;)

I am new to LUA and Micromacro, but have some years experience with botting in Ultima Online, Everquest 2 and so on...

I would like to comment something on your egg script and have some questions.

1. I have checked romwiki for the function player:target_Object() and you are using ids instead of names, which is great cause it makes language indepent. Where do get all those Ids(same for quests) from ? Can you point me out some link ?

2. I like to get scripts as fast as possible and in your egg script you return to waypoint after 1 feed try one a hen. Is there any reason you do that ? Just scan again until all hens gone in given distance ? This would help speed it up alot. Maybe we can tweak the script for more speed. Time doesnt matter for some people, cause they let it run over night, but i still would like it more time efficient.

3. Can you point me out some links to more well done ROM scripts, so i can study and learn from them ?

Paton
1. Like Strange_d said, use rom/getid.lua for the object ids. For the quest ids, you can get them from rom.getbuffed.com.

2. If you just keep harvesting chickens you'll have a few problems.
  • After successfully feeding a chicken you could end up trying to feed it again and end up chasing it to the hen house. You need to give it time to get out of range.
  • If you get too close to the hen house while feeding the chickens, you might try and feed the chickens there.
  • You'd probably need to make it more complex because you would have to add extra checks for feed bags and quest status. By only feeding once I avoid that.
I suspect any tweaking you do will result in your character chasing the hens to the hen house to feed them.

3. You could probably try the rombot wiki under "Examples & Tutorials"
http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.p ... le=RoM_Bot
Or look around this forum. I also have a few other scripts posted here.

Paton

#91 Post by Paton » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:26 am

rock5 wrote:1. Like Strange_d said, use rom/getid.lua for the object ids. For the quest ids, you can get them from rom.getbuffed.com.

2. If you just keep harvesting chickens you'll have a few problems.
  • After successfully feeding a chicken you could end up trying to feed it again and end up chasing it to the hen house. You need to give it time to get out of range.
  • If you get too close to the hen house while feeding the chickens, you might try and feed the chickens there.
  • You'd probably need to make it more complex because you would have to add extra checks for feed bags and quest status. By only feeding once I avoid that.
I suspect any tweaking you do will result in your character chasing the hens to the hen house to feed them.
Ok, lets try again with some ideads from my experience in other online games.

Ive read through player:target_Object() on wiki and please correct me, if i understood it wrong.

Code: Select all

_harvestall = true if you wish to collect all in the immediate area.(Default is false ie. opens/collects only once) 

_donotignore = By default, when collecting multiple objects with the _harvestall option, the bot will ignore the current node when searching for the next nearest node so it can quickly move on to the next node while the current one is still disappearing. Set this option to 'true' if you don't want to ignore the current node because it requires more than 1 click to collect it. (Default is false). 

Case 1: player:target_Object("Ranch Hen", 8000, true, true) -- Feed all nearby hens, waiting 8s after each. And do not ignore the current hen when searching for the next closest. 

Case 2: player:target_Object("Ranch Hen", 8000, true)
Case 1: Might result chasing a hen, which was fed allready.
Case 2: You are using this in your code. No chasing a freshly fed hen to the house and only problem is getting to near to the hen house, while feed other hens, correct ?

I see from the above, that there is some ignoring built in that function, which we cant fully access and some other Posting from the Administrator about harvest types(ore,herb, wood) being used, but not available to us, that there could be ways to make it easy.

Basically we would need: Feed hen once, read the chat window for a successful feed, if not continue with that hen, else put that hen on a ignore list and do next hen until all 3 hens are done. This would require each hen to be accessable with a unique ID number and we need functions to add, remove and clear ignore lists. I hope the Coder of MicroMacro reads this suggestion. I dont think its hard to code, if we can get access on each object mit a unique id number. This would solve alot problems and make everything faster and smoother.

The problem with getting to near to the hen house could be solved with checking player x,y and dont let him get to near the hen house + _harvestall = false. That way we can check after every feed try, if we are to near to the hen house and then return to waypoint 1. Maybe tweaking the scan range for hens is needed and 1-2 more waypoints for this. What do you think ?
Or can we check the x,y of the hen and see if its moving ? It doesnt move after a fail feed.
rock5 wrote: 3. You could probably try the rombot wiki under "Examples & Tutorials"
There is nothing in "Examples & Tutorials" and from the first 5-6 pages forum, i dont see many scripts, only Harvest bots and questing/leveling. Is Micromacro not capable doing things like: gather mats from bank/house, buy extra mats from npc, craft and then sell results to the npc OR work with the auction house like bid if you get overbid and more such stuff.. OR refine an item until grade x is reached ?

Thanks for being helpful so far.

rock5

#92 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:31 pm

Paton wrote:Ok, lets try again with some ideads from my experience in other online games.

Ive read through player:target_Object() on wiki and please correct me, if i understood it wrong.

_harvestall = true if you wish to collect all in the immediate area.(Default is false ie. opens/collects only once) 

_donotignore = By default, when collecting multiple objects with the _harvestall option, the bot will ignore the current node when searching for the next nearest node so it can quickly move on to the next node while the current one is still disappearing. Set this option to 'true' if you don't want to ignore the current node because it requires more than 1 click to collect it. (Default is false). 

Case 1: player:target_Object("Ranch Hen", 8000, true, true) -- Feed all nearby hens, waiting 8s after each. And do not ignore the current hen when searching for the next closest. 

Case 2: player:target_Object("Ranch Hen", 8000, true)
Case 1: Might result chasing a hen, which was fed allready.
Case 2: You are using this in your code. No chasing a freshly fed hen to the house and only problem is getting to near to the hen house, while feed other hens, correct ?
You have to check if you have feed bags and the quest status every time you feed the hen therefore you just can't use the third option of target_Object(). You would have to use a 'while' or 'repeat' loop so you could do those checks between each feed.
Case 1: You can easily avoid chasing the hen by increasing the wait time (but I suspect that is not what you want to do).
Case 2: I only use the third options on eggs because there is nothing to do between collections.
Paton wrote:Basically we would need: Feed hen once, read the chat window for a successful feed, if not continue with that hen, else put that hen on a ignore list and do next hen until all 3 hens are done. This would require each hen to be accessable with a unique ID number and we need functions to add, remove and clear ignore lists. I hope the Coder of MicroMacro reads this suggestion. I dont think its hard to code, if we can get access on each object mit a unique id number. This would solve alot problems and make everything faster and smoother.
At the moment we are unable to monitor chat so we can't tell that way if we succeeded in feeding the hen. If we had a way to tell if we succeeded in feeding the hen we wouldn't need an ignore list. We would just need to ignore that hen so that it could move away while we target another.

The hens do have a unique id ie. their address.
Paton wrote:The problem with getting to near to the hen house could be solved with checking player x,y and dont let him get to near the hen house + _harvestall = false. That way we can check after every feed try, if we are to near to the hen house and then return to waypoint 1. Maybe tweaking the scan range for hens is needed and 1-2 more waypoints for this. What do you think ?
Or can we check the x,y of the hen and see if its moving ? It doesnt move after a fail feed.
Actually I thought of that. All we need to do is ignore hens beyond a line in front of the hen house. The problem is you need to check it while it's looking for the next hen, not after you found one. I never got around to trying to implement it though.
Paton wrote:
rock5 wrote: 3. You could probably try the rombot wiki under "Examples & Tutorials"
There is nothing in "Examples & Tutorials" and from the first 5-6 pages forum, i dont see many scripts, only Harvest bots and questing/leveling. Is Micromacro not capable doing things like: gather mats from bank/house, buy extra mats from npc, craft and then sell results to the npc OR work with the auction house like bid if you get overbid and more such stuff.. OR refine an item until grade x is reached ?
I've released mail functions, fusion functions, quest functions as well as waypoint files with a fair bit of code in them. Pretty much everything you mentioned is probably possible but if it hasn't been done then probably no one thought it was worth the time and work to create yet. I personally will never create functions for the Auction House because I believe it requires a personal touch to sell at the right price. And although crafting could be useful for some, I'm not interested in crafting so won't do any functions for that either. I might do some functions to more easily deal with npcs, like 'choose option by name' or 'accept/complete quest by name' functions.

sturmbringer

#93 Post by sturmbringer » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:36 am

fyi
most time the great script from rock5 won work for me ...

i changed the harversting range ( add 10 ) and i changed
the yrest timer from 100 up to 300
and added 5 more "pick up lines"

No probs at all - running very well :)

thx alot !

Paton

#94 Post by Paton » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:35 pm

Hello Rock5,

since the bug with the double looting of egg is gone, could you please tell me how much is need to remove in the following code snippet, so it acts normal when doing the eggs. Its better to make the bot less suspicous.

while player:target_Object(112955,8500) do -- Check for hens
			while player:target_Object(112958,1500) do -- Fresh Eggs
				sendMacro("UseSkill(1,1)") yrest(100)
				sendMacro("UseSkill(1,1)") yrest(4000)
			end
		end
		while player:target_Object(114931,1500) do -- Gold Eggs
			sendMacro("UseSkill(1,1)") yrest(3000)
		end
Right now a trip to complete the egg quest once takes in average around 8 minutes, the feed is collected allready. An active player needs like 5 minutes. So the bot is almost twice as slow and thats not acceptable for me. :o I am used to more speed with bots. I know other players collect eggs with 2-4 accounts at same time and it doesnt matter to them. Multiboxing is not my way to play a game. I will try to tweak it with more waypoints and we will see how the time changes. :mrgreen:

rock5

#95 Post by rock5 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:48 am

Paton wrote:Hello Rock5,

since the bug with the double looting of egg is gone, could you please tell me how much is need to remove in the following code snippet, so it acts normal when doing the eggs. Its better to make the bot less suspicous.

while player:target_Object(112958,1500) do -- Fresh Eggs
				sendMacro("UseSkill(1,1)") yrest(4000)
			end
		end
		while player:target_Object(114931,1500) do -- Gold Eggs
			sendMacro("UseSkill(1,1)") yrest(3000)
		end
Right now a trip to complete the egg quest once takes in average around 8 minutes, the feed is collected allready. An active player needs like 5 minutes. So the bot is almost twice as slow and thats not acceptable for me. :o I am used to more speed with bots. I know other players collect eggs with 2-4 accounts at same time and it doesnt matter to them. Multiboxing is not my way to play a game. I will try to tweak it with more waypoints and we will see how the time changes. :mrgreen:
You could try something like this;

player:target_Object(112958,2000,true) -- Fresh Eggs
			player:target_Object(114931,2000,true) -- Gold Eggs
		end
Unfortunately the required delay between the first and second hen seems to be different than the required delay between the second and third hen. It seems that whatever wait value I use causes wasted time. I've been trying continuously clicking the hen until an egg appears but that introduces other problems.

swietlowka

#96 Post by swietlowka » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:51 am

Go for it! id like it to run full cyckle in less time, cause since the patch i haven,t use it at all beacause of that...

Starrider

#97 Post by Starrider » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:31 am

Don't force him to do, ask him friendly if he want to tune his script... ;-)

swietlowka

#98 Post by swietlowka » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:23 am

Wasn't talking about Rock5 but about Paton, he said he will tweak it, i only encourage him to do it :)

Starrider

#99 Post by Starrider » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:24 am

you mean you wanted to remind him XD

swietlowka

#100 Post by swietlowka » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:54 am

xD
nvm never said anything to any one
keep up the good work all of u guys :D