NOTICE:New target cycling code! Update your profile for r473

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Administrator
Site Admin

NOTICE:New target cycling code! Update your profile for r473

#1 Post by Administrator » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:26 pm

If you use SVN to update to the latest revision (currently 473), please be sure to update your profile's MAX_TARGET_DISTANCE.

Look for this line:

Code: Select all

<option name="MAX_TARGET_DIST"    value="1000" />
If you use ranged combat, it is suggested that you use a value of 225. If you use melee, a value of 125 should work fine. Using too large of a value here may now cause your character to run very far off track from it's waypoints.

This change is due to a complete rewrite of target cycling. Now, instead of the bot spamming the TAB key and attacking the first enemy it encounters, it will instead examine the nearby area and fight what it considers to be the best target. This means that it will attempt to kill aggressive enemies before passives, for example.

It will also lead the way to improving other functionality, as well. For example, it might now be possible to get a party-bot working and even have priests heal/support nearby party members.

VoidMain

Re: NOTICE:New target cycling code! Update your profile for

#2 Post by VoidMain » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:50 pm

These are great news ^^ It seems like all our hard work is begining to pay off :)

DrG

#3 Post by DrG » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:59 pm

it might now be possible to get a party-bot working and even have priests heal/support nearby party members.
can you guys teach me how to do the priest party-bot to heal the party members pls

extremeuser

#4 Post by extremeuser » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:08 am

You can tell the difference its nice. Only problem I picked up so far is it keeps saying no more usable hp potions in slots 1 to 60. I put hp pots in bag 1 and 2, not picking up any of them.

MiesterMan

#5 Post by MiesterMan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:37 pm

Could you possibly make a looter-bot with this? I'd like to farm low level instances but clicking on all the corpses is taxing when you're using AoE's to kill. There's also other places in game I'd like to use it. If this is possible that would be awsome.

macrouser

#6 Post by macrouser » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:48 pm

Administrator wrote:If you use SVN to update to the latest revision (currently 473), please be sure to update your profile's MAX_TARGET_DISTANCE.
Got the latest version, redid my profile base on the default, followed suggestions above.
For some reason my character will not loot....or very rarely I should say.

edit: fixed for my case anyways... seems my Lootable flag isn't working....tried to run fixaddress but that wasn't it .... let me know if you need/want more info
--if target.Lootable then
looten();
--end;

MiesterMan

#7 Post by MiesterMan » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:28 am

Something I noticed with the new targeting that I forgot to post about is that it doesn't select the target so if you're say a high dps class with range skills/spells that 1 hits everything you won't get the loot cause there's no dead corpse targeted. Any fix for this?

Administrator
Site Admin

#8 Post by Administrator » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:53 pm

It should still loot. It will still target the enemy, but you won't get the visible target frame until they hit you. Have you tried the above change to see if that helps?

MiesterMan

#9 Post by MiesterMan » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:35 am

Oh yea, had to change the distance, he wasn't attacking at all half the time :D

But no, when they're one hit they don't go in the target frame and I don't loot. My revision is 413. I haven't been able to bot killing things since I updated it :oops:

Getting rid of the ability to harvest with the screen minimized was less attractive so I haven't reverted :P

Edit: Nonono, that's wrong, I haven't been able to bot on easy stuff since this started, I put him on hard stuff then found out he doesn't use pots anymore (posted in another thread). The two issues working together is why I haven't been able to bot. Killing stuff that I can 1 shot doesn't require pots but then I get no loot, killing stuff that takes 2 or more takes pots and I die. Bad situation for me :lol:

Administrator
Site Admin

#10 Post by Administrator » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:11 am

You didn't answer my question. Have you tried disabling the lootable check as above or not?

Velsharon

#11 Post by Velsharon » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:17 pm

Hey Admin.. for what it's worth I had the same "no looting" problem (I had to go all the way back to r477 before it would start to loot again). So I updated to r482 and tried disabling the lootable check and it loots now. Thank goodness. Not sure what is going on. At first I thought it was a 64-bit thing since my main machine runs Windows7 64-bit, but it was showing the same "no looting" problem on my other WindowsXP 32-bit machine also.

Peace.

MiesterMan

#12 Post by MiesterMan » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:11 am

Administrator wrote:You didn't answer my question. Have you tried disabling the lootable check as above or not?
Sorry, I got confused by the flow of the convo. I couldn't find the option in my profile or settings.lua so I didn't think that's what you were talking about. I found it in player.lua and changed it like the post above, will test later.

Thx for the fix, I will definately report the results :)

MiesterMan

#13 Post by MiesterMan » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:42 pm

Ok, tested and removing the target.Lootable check seems to fix the problem. I also verified I have version 482, the version file wasn't updated for some reason.

I'm stll having the issue with pots randomly not being used. The bot finds them, says it's using them, then does it 3 or 4 times and I die. All in all I'm back to botting because I can put my char back on the routes that don't require pots but it's still annoying I can't efficiently farm my dailies :cry:

If the error with the pots gets fixed I can start working on my questbot. 1-58 in a few days would rock :)

Wary

#14 Post by Wary » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:33 am

Same problem here!
Disabling the lootable check works so far ;)

rock5

#15 Post by rock5 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:14 am

I don't know why for some of you looting doesn't work but disabling the loot check is not really a long term solution. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that cause the bot to try to move to loot even if the body isn't lootable? Ultimately the cause and solution needs to be found. Maybe it's simply a lag issue. Has anyone tried increasing the yrest on line 1195?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

MiesterMan

#16 Post by MiesterMan » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:28 am

rock5 wrote:I don't know why for some of you looting doesn't work but disabling the loot check is not really a long term solution. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't that cause the bot to try to move to loot even if the body isn't lootable? Ultimately the cause and solution needs to be found. Maybe it's simply a lag issue. Has anyone tried increasing the yrest on line 1195?
You are correct and no it's not a long term solution. I had already made a work around for when it always looted in the past which is to reduce loot time, root correction time, and remove the pause after in the settings.lua file.

I should also mention that I died cause the loot pause after paused and I was killed (that should seriously be defaulted to 0 :oops: )

Edit: It could be a lag issue but if a pause is added by that yrest it could mean more deaths. This take me back to the question of loot-bot. If a body is nearby and it hasn't been looted by you, then can we make it so the bot loots it even though you didn't kill it (or in this case you did kill it and you skipped looting).

rock5

#17 Post by rock5 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:03 pm

Yeah, I'd like to see an option like LOOT_ALL = "true" in the player profile. If set to true it loots all bodies. Should be doable.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

taran

#18 Post by taran » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:34 pm

I have also encountered this bug, and disabling the loot check "helped" but i notice there is a lag issue involved now, at times it opens the corpse but way too fast to grab items, so you still end up bypassing lots of lootable corpses.

I think Rock5 may be onto something with a wait variable or if the loot check gets working again, perhaps repeating that loop? (though if you have an addon that leaves junk there it would get stuck in an endless loot check loop)

rock5

#19 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:07 am

taran wrote:I have also encountered this bug, and disabling the loot check "helped" but i notice there is a lag issue involved now, at times it opens the corpse but way too fast to grab items, so you still end up bypassing lots of lootable corpses.

I think Rock5 may be onto something with a wait variable or if the loot check gets working again, perhaps repeating that loop? (though if you have an addon that leaves junk there it would get stuck in an endless loot check loop)
The code is already setup to loot twice if it works for you. The problem you're having doesn't seem to be rombot related. Maybe it's a problem with whatever loot filter you are using?

VoidMain

#20 Post by VoidMain » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:51 am

I believe the problem is with lag, i noticed that when ping goes high (400-500ms) the autoloot fails, i also believe there is a way of getting that value, i'll look into it, for the mean time, increasing the yrest(500) before looting to yrest(1000) works fine.