rock5's "fastLogin Revisited"

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
rock5

Re: rock5's "fastLogin Revisited"

#361 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:33 am

You said
Alleexx wrote:it thinks it has already sone all chars in the charlist
so I'm assuming you get the "Last player finished" message. I'm assuming you also get the "Changing to character.." message and it showed the right character and account and that you made sure it was in the CharList.

It might me an idea to make sure what it is the bot thinks it's doing. Add the following code at line 132, just before

Code: Select all

print("Last player finished.")

printf("Looked for character %d on account %d.\n), currChar, currAcc)
printf("There are %d characters on this account.\n), numChars)
print("The charList is,")
table.print(charList)
And see what it prints.

Note: If there is ever anything you want to show me but don't want to post in a public forum, you can always PM it to me, but keep discussions in the forum.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Alleexx

#362 Post by Alleexx » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:37 am

I finally figured out what the problem was. It was a typo in the charlist. Account 39 only had 1 character but I set it to log in character 2. That made the bot successfully log in the char on account 39 but then it wouldn't continue in the charlist.

So afterall it was just me making a stupid typo. :oops: Sry for taking your time and thanks alot for the help :)

rock5

#363 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:51 am

No worries. Maybe I'll look into adding a check for that, to avoid it or at least get some sort of message.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

CanceR

#364 Post by CanceR » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:05 am

i am sorry to double my question from different topic, but when using FastLogin in combination with Rock5's Ultra Model files i still have problems with continuously growing memory on that game client - every few seconds used memory for this game client rises a bit, and around 6th account (40th char) it goes around 3GB or more used memory and when used memory reaches around 3.8GB per client, same client crashes.
i use 12 accounts with 90 chars for easy daily on Elf island - for tokens farm. First 6 accounts has 7 chars, other 6 - has 8 chars.
any idea how to fix this memory issue?

rock5

#365 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:15 am

Complain to the game developers perhaps?

grande

#366 Post by grande » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:47 pm

Won't help too much but also can't hurt: CleanMem.

Also hoping the 32GB RAM upgrade I just ordered will help things out :-)

justAnub

#367 Post by justAnub » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:04 am

got a problem with this that the bot doesnt reconize any skills inside profile giving this error

No ranged skills specified in profile; Turning COMBAT_RANGED_PULL off.
Maximum range of range attack skills is less than COMBAT_DISTANCE 200. Reducing
COMBAT_DISTANCE setting to 50.
this happens when i change to the 4th character and same happens when i change from 4th to 5th after restarting bot at 4th

i use this code:

CharList = {
	{account=31,chars={1}},
	{account=26,chars={1}},
	{account=37,chars={1}},
	{account=38,chars={1}},
	{account=32,chars={2}},
	}
added this to onload but didnt help

local function loadprofile()
		-- Re-initialize player
			player = CPlayer.new();
			settings.load();
			settings.loadProfile(convertProfileName(player.Name))
		end
all works ok when i start bot normal on that chars only fails when changing char's using charlist.
maybe un important but
{account=31,chars={1}}, --Mage/Priest
{account=26,chars={1}}, --Mage/Knight
{account=37,chars={1}}, --Druid/warden
{account=38,chars={1}}, --Priest/Scout
{account=32,chars={2}}, --Warlock/champion
don't comment on my language im not english, just trying to make myself understood.

rock5

#368 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:23 am

Basically the code is correct but you should probably add a "player:update()" to immediately load the current skill set.

I notice you use the player.Name. Does every character have it's own profile? When it prints "Loading profile name.xml" does the name match your character name?

But basically that code is obsolete now. You can just use the bot function "loadProfile()". It works the same as the bot command line option "profile". If you specify a name it loads that, if you don't specify a name it looks for a profile with the same name as the character, if it doesn't find one it looks for "userdefault.xml" if it exists, else it errors. I recommend you try that.

Jandrana

#369 Post by Jandrana » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:31 pm

Also hoping the 32GB RAM upgrade I just ordered will help things out
No, that won't help. RoM is a 32-bit app. 32 bit apps can utilize a maximum of 4GB of memory space. If you run on an 32 bit OS, the app run only use up to 2GB. 2GB address space is reserved for kernel space and to address memory of video cards.

If you run a 64 bit OS, the app can get up to 3.6-3.8 GB. But this only works if the apps has been compiled with LARGE ADDRESS AWARE compiler/linker options. Runewaker did this a few patches ago and it reduced the number of GPFs a bit.
The problem with their memory mangement has been reported since 2009. It got even worse as people get used to better graphics, which need more memory. Runewaker's programmers are ... well ... not the best. All they can do, is add a silly message box "the computer memory has exceeded a healthy level". They were not able to fix this problem in the last 3 years, so I don't expect them to fix it the next 3 years.

grande

#370 Post by grande » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:16 pm

So then the answer is to VM it and balance amongst 4gb loads to optimize

rock5

#371 Post by rock5 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:50 am

Jandrana wrote:No, that won't help. RoM is a 32-bit app. 32 bit apps can utilize a maximum of 4GB of memory space
I'm no memory expert but if RoM can only use 4G and lets say you only have 4G of ram doesn't that mean that other processes might limit how much memory the game can use? Wouldn't extra memory free up more memory so the game can realize the most memory use? So maybe upgrading from 4 to 8g might help the game performance? Of course 32G if overkill but maybe the user needs that memory for something else.

Jandrana

#372 Post by Jandrana » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:20 am

I'm no memory expert but if RoM can only use 4G and lets say you only have 4G of ram doesn't that mean that other processes might limit how much memory the game can use?
Other processes may not really limit the amount of memory a single process can use. Windows will swap out memory pages if not enough physical memory is available. This will reduce your performance, of course. There are some limiting factors. If you have very little memory, Windows will build smaller page tables, because they need memory too. Your system will have an overall limit how much virtual memory can be handled.
So maybe upgrading from 4 to 8g might help the game performance?
Yes, it may increase performance, if you have too little memory and the system needs to swap. More memory helps running multiple processes without disk swapping. But it will not help against game crashes. The message "memory consumption has exceeded a healthy level" just confuses people. They think, they have too less RAM. But in fact the RoM engine is buggy and is not able to free up memory correctly. At some point the RoM client process has eaten up all available memory a 32 bit process can handle and crashes.

grande

#373 Post by grande » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:05 pm

Jandrana wrote: At some point the RoM client process has eaten up all available memory a 32 bit process can handle and crashes.
Sounds like the infamous "Donkey Kong" kill screen LOL. Was just talking about that with a guy at work the other day. I think it's something like the memory for the score (and probably other things) could only increment so high and once it reached a certain score (1M i think) the donkey kong guy dies instantly lol

Still though... VM (virtual machine) is a viable solution if you have the resources.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/

vo2male

#374 Post by vo2male » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:40 pm

Good day everyone! :D

i just wanted to share my experience with this userfunction.. This functions works great and is really helpful with my daily token farms(logging in to each character of my 5 accounts until the last character of my last account). However, lately im having a little trouble, sometimes when i go and check my dailies, it is just stucked to the server select screen and does not log in or choose the channel. I only have one channel on the server im playing.
By the way on my Local Custom Login in the accountlogin.lua, i put on the Server = "1". I'm not sure but i think this sometimes cause the trouble im facing..
Should i just specify the Server name instead and not put the number on it?

rock5

#375 Post by rock5 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:09 am

Yes, you need to specify the name of the server or "". "1" has no meaning when it comes to the servers.

vo2male

#376 Post by vo2male » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Thanks Rock. now it works better :mrgreen:

Hetrix

#377 Post by Hetrix » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:26 am

Hey.
Recently our server is getting attacked by those gold spammers again. And high level/endgame players are getting hacked more and more. Thats why I must ask. Have this addon/the files inside any connection to somewhere else. Like "sending name and password" to somewhere/someone else?
Thanks in advance.
/H

rock5

#378 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:19 am

The files are open for anyone to see the contents. As far as I'm aware there are no security risks but then I'm not a security expert and I have no idea how account are hacked. The question is, are only botters getting hacked? Also were the hacked accounts using strong passwords?

Hetrix

#379 Post by Hetrix » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:27 am

Well not only botters, everyone. And most use strong passwords. And there are rumors that it has to do something with autologin addon. Is this addon safe to use, can you use it on your main or?
/H

rock5

#380 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:17 pm

The passwords are local to the files so are not accessible. That's why the secondary passwords are in a separate file, because I didn't want to pass passwords between files. That was a security risk I wasn't willing to accept. Even the variables that hold the passwords are local to the functions where they are used.

That said, there was a period of time were we were still getting our act together and it took awhile to pick up some security loopholes but they were fixes long ago.

More likely is the "Autologin" they are talking about is the addon available at curse. It uses a separate file to hold the account info so, very insecure. And where we have a community contributing at this forum, McBen is only one man so there is only so much he can do.

But either way, for a hacker to take advantage of weak security, it would require the person hacked to download an addon by them that takes advantage of that weakness and sends info elsewhere. Addons are written in text files and are readable by everyone so it would be difficult for such hackers to remain hidden. Of course if an addon had a non standard unreadable component such as a dll file or was from a questionable source then you are just asking for trouble.

But to tell you the truth, I think most hacking is done of the runes of magic websites, not of individual users, and the account info is stolen from there.