How to loot Boss with Partybot and Lootomatic?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
noobbotter

How to loot Boss with Partybot and Lootomatic?

#1 Post by noobbotter » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:26 am

Hi guys. I originally posted this on a different topic but it was actually sort of a different issue than the topic name so I didn't want to hijack that thread. So I'm making a new one.

I'm working on an instance party script and I'm having issues with looting the boss when he's down. Other partychat commands work so I know that's not the issue. Neither my main character nor the following bot will loot. Here's the waypoints just prior, during, and just after the boss:

Code: Select all

<!-- #  6 --><waypoint x="-50" z="-996" y="1255"> 
		repeat
			yrest(500)
		until checkparty(200) == true
		sendPartyChat('code"changeProfileOption("LOOT", "true")"')
		changeProfileOption("LOOT", "true")
		--=================== cast buffs for boss fight HERE ========================
		sendMacro("/cast Essence of Magic")
		yrest(1000)
		sendMacro("/cast Magic Barrier")
		yrest(1000)
		sendMacro("/cast Energy Influx")
		yrest(1000)
		sendMacro("/cast Intensification")
		yrest(1000)
		sendMacro("/cast Elemental Catalysis")
		bossskills(true)
		sendPartyChat('com"nofollow"')
		sendPartyChat('code"changeProfileOption("LOOT", "true")"')
	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  7 --><waypoint x="-234" z="-995" y="1254">    
		--============================ IS THIS THE FIGHT BOSS WAYPOINT? ========================
		local badguy = player:findNearestNameOrId("Cayus")
		player:target(badguy)
		myTarget = player:getTarget();
		if myTarget.Name == "Cayus" then
			sendMacro("/cast Flame")
		end
		player:fight()
		yrest(2000)
		print("resting after fight before looting")
		player:lootAll() --party lead should loot here
		yrest(2000)
	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  8 --><waypoint x="-215" z="-1013" y="1254">

sendPartyChat('code"player:lootAll()"') -- party member should loot here.
		print("told party to lootAll... waiting 3 seconds")
		yrest(3000)
		sendPartyChat('com"follow"')
		changeProfileOption("LOOT", "false")
		yrest(2000)
		bossskills(false)

</waypoint>
After the boss is down, the characters (neither the party leader running this script, or the partybot member) don't even open the loot interface, let alone take any of the items. Once I figure out how to fix the not looting issue, I was wondering if anyone knows of an easy way to configure Lootomatic to loot only mems? Or if there is an easy way, if I disable lootomatic during these runs, how could I make the bot loot just mems?

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help.

rock5

Re: How to loot Boss with Partybot and Lootomatic?

#2 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:59 am

Might be a silly question but do you have LOOTALL enabled in your profile? Other things might affect it too such as LOOT_DISTANCE.

Really, lootomatic is the easiest way to organize your looting but I don't think you are the first person to ask for a way to only loot certain items in a particular waypoint file. There have been a few attempts to change lootomatic settings. You could do a search for them. But maybe I'll write a userfunction with some custom looting function to loot from a limited list. I'm a bit busy at the moment with some other projects but I'll reconsider doing it in the future.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

noobbotter

#3 Post by noobbotter » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:27 am

Well, with GCE first boss, I don't think LOOTDISTANCE would be the problem because the boss pulls everyone right up to him during the fight. Also, when running any other waypoint or doing wandering with the bot, they loot just fine, even if they kill from a distance. That's why I'm not sure why it isn't looting. I did come across a post that showed a function like this:

local function lootBoss()
		player:target(GetPartyMemberName(1))
		RoMScript('AssistUnit("party1")');
		boss = player:target()
		player:loot(boss)
	end
So I'm adding that into the partydps onload section and will use

sendPartyChat('code"lootBoss()"')
to tell the partybot to loot and see if that works. Of course, that doesn't tell me why my party lead bot isn't looting either.

**Edit:
In my profile, this is all I have for looting settings:

<!-- Loot settings -->
		<option name="LOOT"               value="true" />
		<option name="LOOT_IN_COMBAT"     value="true" />
		<option name="LOOT_DISTANCE"      value="240" />
		<option name="LOOT_PAUSE_AFTER"   value="0" />		<!-- probability in % for a short rest -->
What is the LOOTALL setting you mentioned?

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:41 pm

LOOT just tells the bot to loot the mob it just killed. You have to have a dead mob targeted. If you use player:loot() it requires LOOT enabled.

LOOTALL tells it to try and loot any dead mobs near by. player:lootAll() requires both LOOT and LOOTALL to be enabled for it to work.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro