MicroMacro error version 5 ,after ''fixing''it was version8

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Klerkie

MicroMacro error version 5 ,after ''fixing''it was version8

#1 Post by Klerkie » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:34 pm

Hey guys, hopefully u can help me. someone sent his interface folder to me for his addon. I was not that smart so i copied the whole folder in mine. And no i didnt made a back up. So the next day i wanted to use micro macro and i got this error:

So like im told i put the ingamefunction folder from the devtools folder into the addon folder inside the runes of magic folder. After restarting runes of magic and restarting micro macro i got this error:

Does anybody know how to fix this?
Btw i updated the micromacro with the svn option update, that didn't help to get the version 7 folder :)

rock5

Re: MicroMacro error version 5 ,after ''fixing''it was versi

#2 Post by rock5 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:22 pm

Probably some files in your rom folder are corrupt. Try doing a revert. Right click the rom folder and select "TortoiseSVN/Revert".
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Klerkie

#3 Post by Klerkie » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:05 am

I have tried that. It shows that the file adresses.lua is corrupted. But before the problems occure it was already corrupted. Or do u mean the actuel game folder? Because the option svn/revert is not an option for that folder.

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:46 am

I did mean the rom folder. It's ok that addresses.lua is red because it changes when the addresses get updated.

If all other files are green and you copy the ingamefunctions folder from the devtools to the game addons folder then the numbers should match. If you still have trouble, make sure there are no other copies of the ingamefunctions addon in the addons folder.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Klerkie

#5 Post by Klerkie » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:28 am

There is only one ingamefunction folder. And yes the ingamefunction folder has the green mark inside the micromacro folder.

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:59 am

What version of the bot are you using? I see in those pics that it says "<UNKNOWN>". I'm not sure why it would say that if you have TortoiseSVN installed. Have you done an SVN update recently?

Bill D Cat

#7 Post by Bill D Cat » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:01 am

When you do an SVN update you will get the most recent files, which will include a copy of the ingamefunctions folder placed into:

MicroMacro/Scripts/RoM/devtools/

Be sure you copy the ingamefunctions folder from there to:

Runes of Magic/Interface/Addons/

Klerkie

#8 Post by Klerkie » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:28 am

Billy D cat i have done that. It was first version 5 and after replacing it was version 8/

Rock u say something usefull there i think, because normally i always saw an number. Dont know which one, how can i see which version im using?

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:29 am

If you do an svn update it should update to the latest revision and say which version it is. Or if you want to know what version it thinks it is, right click the 'rom' folder and select "TortoiseSVN/Show Log". The revision it thinks it is will be highlighted. It's not 100% reliable though because if you updated separate files to different revisions, it wont show. Doing an svn update and revert if necessary is the only way to be sure all files are correct.

Klerkie

#10 Post by Klerkie » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:00 am

okay i have updated it , it says it revision 767.

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:06 am

And...?

Klerkie

#12 Post by Klerkie » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:09 pm

Doesn't worked. Before the update it said it was version 5 and after update version 8. i have updated it now 10 times i think :P
But same error

rock5

#13 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:28 pm

We are at version 8. So it's strange that it thinks it should be 7.

Do this. Open settings.lua and go to line 1115. You should see something like this.

Code: Select all

-- check if igf addon is active
	local igf_version = RoMScript("IGF_INSTALLED")
	local current_version = 8 -- Change this value to match the value in "ingamefunctions.lua".
Then open "rom/devtools/ingamefunctions/ingamefunctions.lua" and look at the first line. It should look like this.

Code: Select all

IGF_INSTALLED = 8;	-- so we can detect if the addon is installed. The number is so we know what version is installed.
Lastly open "Runes of Magic/interface/addons/ingamefunctions/ingamefunction.lua" and look at the first line. It should be the same as above. If any of these don't match then you're not updating properly.

Klerkie

#14 Post by Klerkie » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:15 am

yeah the setting.lua were corrupted. It had:

-- check if igf addon is active
};

So i changed it.
Should i re-update now?

rock5

#15 Post by rock5 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:12 am

You said you did a revert at one point. That should have fixed everything. Maybe you should try downloading the bot again from scratch. Rename your 'rom' folder to something else to back it up then create a new folder called 'rom'. Then right click it and select 'SVN Checkout...'. Make sure the url is "http://rom-bot.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/rom" then click ok. Then you can copy/move any backed up files back across, such as waypoint files, profiles and userfunctions.

Klerkie

#16 Post by Klerkie » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:14 am

Yeah! IT WORKS! Thanks a lot rock!. U rock :P

whiskerbiscuit

#17 Post by whiskerbiscuit » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:45 am

rock5 wrote:You said you did a revert at one point. That should have fixed everything. Maybe you should try downloading the bot again from scratch. Rename your 'rom' folder to something else to back it up then create a new folder called 'rom'. Then right click it and select 'SVN Checkout...'. Make sure the url is "http://rom-bot.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/rom" then click ok. Then you can copy/move any backed up files back across, such as waypoint files, profiles and userfunctions.
+1 This is the only way I could get the bot to work, is by using this method with SVN