Question about Buff durations

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
AngelDrago

Question about Buff durations

#1 Post by AngelDrago » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:29 pm

Hello, Everyone

I have a question about buff/debuffs durations in a WP let say i would use MAGE_ELECTROSTATIC_CHARGE and has a duration of 1 minute and i want it to cast again... but i have a few seconds to go is their a check and a wait command that i need to add in my WP. thx for the help

rock5

Re: Question about Buff durations

#2 Post by rock5 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:51 pm

I'm not sure what you are talking about with waypoints but you can set the buff to be reapplied early by adding

Code: Select all

rebuffcut="10"
to the skill in your profile. That example would cast it even if there are still 10s left.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

AngelDrago

#3 Post by AngelDrago » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:48 pm

thx... for the input... here is what i'm trying to do...

<!-- WAYPOINT USE PREMIDITATION BEFORE BOSS -->
	 <!-- #  8 -->	<waypoint x="-192" z="-1041" y="1254"> player:cast("MAGE_ELECTROSTATIC_CHARGE") RoMScript("SetTitleRequest(530724)"); Countround() Acountround() yrest(300) </waypoint>
         <!-- WAYPOINT AFTER BOSS -->
once i'm near the boss i wanted to recast MAGE_ELECTROSTATIC_CHARGE but if it already cast it will fail so i was wondering if that was a check if it still active or in a cooldown.

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:56 pm

Ah, so you want to wait for the cooldown?

To see if it's active you can just check the buff

if player:hasBuff("Electrostatic Charge") then
If you want to know how much time is left on the buff you would need to do a "player:getBuff(buffname)" instead.

local buff = player:getBuff("Electrostatic Charge")
if buff and 15 > buff.TimeLeft then
There is a function for returning the remaining cooldown but you have to find the skill first.

for k,v in pairs(settings.profile.skills) do
    if v.Name=="MAGE_ELECTROSTATIC_CHARGE" then
        local timeleft = v:getRemainingCooldown()
        if timeleft > 0 then yrest(timeleft*1000) -- wait for the cooldown to end
        break
    end
end
I don't know exactly how you want it to run but hopefully that will give you enough information to work it out.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

AngelDrago

#5 Post by AngelDrago » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:14 pm

great thank you... will try to figured out. thx again for the help