Quest Problem, ChoiceOption not an option for completing

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Buster99

Re: Quest Problem, ChoiceOption not an option for completing

#21 Post by Buster99 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:57 pm

Ok, another quest problem.
Questname: Loudmouthed Adventurer

Quest is quite simple. Talk to 4 NPCs then report who the culprit is. Problem is, when you try to turn in quest you first have to choose one of three options of who the loudmouthed person is (choice 2, Denton), and THEN the quest becomes available for completion. But the dialoge from NPC goes to a screen where you have to click to complete quest. At this point these three do NOT work:

Code: Select all

CompleteQuestByName("Loudmouthed Adventurer")

sendMacro("ChoiceOption(1);"); -- tried (2) also

sendMacro("SpeakFrame_ListDialogOption(1, 1)")
Is there another NPC dialogue option to complete this quest?

Thanks in advance

rock5

#22 Post by rock5 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:59 pm

Is the 'screen' a speak dialog? What is the option you have to select?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Buster99

#23 Post by Buster99 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:14 pm

First screen from NPC is the three options of "who done it" then it immediately goes to second screen which shows another quest on top half of screen and then towards bottom it shows the yellow checkmark next to quest name to indicate it is completed...so if you click on that line quest does complete. (all options are with NPC, not a speak option by my char)

But I cannot get that 'screen' to complete by selecing that option. And if you click on NPC again it goes back to the first screen of selecing one of three choices.

I wonder if I I need to clear the other quest on screen first. Should be a way to complete without doing so though.

rock5

#24 Post by rock5 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:47 pm

Ok, I understand now. It is a quest but because you have to select the option first, CompleteQuestByName doesn't work. The reason is because the QuestByName functions re-target the npc which brings up the options page again. You may have to do it the old way and complete the quest with the in game functions. After selecting the option try this

yrest(500)
RoMScript("OnClick_QuestListButton(3,1)") 
yrest(500)
RoMScript("CompleteQuest()")
That is assuming there is only one completed quest.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Buster99

#25 Post by Buster99 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:14 pm

Ok, after messing around with new information I got it to complete by first using ChoiceOption and then using the RomScript CompleteQuest.

Thanks again!

Another question: If I use:

settings.profile.mobs = {"Crimson Pukari"}
settings.profile.mobs = {"Largehorned Shadow Deer"}
does it overwrite the mob (Crimson Pukari) and therefore only the 2nd mob is actually going to be attacked? Or is it the exact same as writing:

settings.profile.mobs = {"Crimson Pukari",
	"Largehorned Shadow Deer"
	}
Just curious.

rock5

#26 Post by rock5 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:30 pm

It overwrites it. "a=b" means "this equals that". Whatever "this" equaled before is overwritten. To add to a table use.

table.insert(settings.profile.mobs, "Largehorned Shadow Deer")

Buster99

#27 Post by Buster99 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:11 pm

While doing Goblin mini with 77 Rogue, script often does not attack Evelyn, the Elite boss in there. I have tried to add this to my profile:

<option name="AUTO_ELITE_FACTOR"   value="70" /> 
I also added her name to my profile in mobs to attack:

<mob name="Evelyn" />
Any ideas how I can get character to attack a low lvl Elite?

Thanks