How to add accept and complete quest by name to create path?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
botje

How to add accept and complete quest by name to create path?

#1 Post by botje » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 am

like title, how would i go adding this to the create path?

its a option we use much so i think it would be nice.

rock5

Re: How to add accept and complete quest by name to create p

#2 Post by rock5 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:11 pm

The problem is there is a limit of how many commands we can support with keys. What we really need is a GUI for createpath that we could add as many buttons as we like and organize them however we like. Unfortunately MM doesn't have GUI capability. I think we tried adding it but it wasn't so easy.

You can add those commands commands, though, while using createpath by using the "Inset lua code" option.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

botje

#3 Post by botje » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:56 pm

yes i know, i just get tired of typing the shit out all the time :P

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:08 pm

Well after you've typed it in once you can recall the command using the up arrow, so it's not that bad.

But I just had an idea to greatly increase the possible commands. What if we had sub menus? For example, we could have an option for npc related commands. When it's pressed you get a little menu for player:target_NPC, player:merchant, etc. Another one for dialog options, ChoiceOptionByName, AcceptQuestByName, CompleteQuestByName,etc. It would mean you would have to press 2 buttons for the same result though.

What do you think? It would have to be a project for the future though, for after the beta is committed.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

abron1

#5 Post by abron1 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:45 am

sound good rock what ever you like to do. i just go with the flow and enjoy all the improvements you and lisa and other have done...

botje

#6 Post by botje » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:51 am

well, sounds good, but only for these actions, simple add waypoint and harvest point should stay the same then.

because thats still the most used option, and should be fast to get too, and i didnt know about pressing up xd

nightclaw

#7 Post by nightclaw » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:13 am

sounds great and the GUi would be nice have it be way cleaner for players to use on muti games but i understand it hard make ...

Have you seen /played with a wow bot that used be called MMOGlider it had a great interface and had all options this bit had just in drop down fill in form it was wasted on wow :(