Problem with pasper script: bot trying to run through walls

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
dancerinthedark

Problem with pasper script: bot trying to run through walls

#1 Post by dancerinthedark » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:54 am

Hello,

I've made nice script for farming Pasper's shrine. Two scripts actially, one in the instance and one from ress point, sell and back to pasper. I'm using my mage and purgatory fire and everything is ok. Only two problems:
a. Allthou waypoints are far away from each other, bot is not folowing them sometimes, he goes back a little/offf the pathway, then continues in the right dirrection;
b. when in pasper and killing mobs in the corner, he "sees" nearby mobs just behing the corner and tries to attack them, resulting in bot trying to running through the wall and eventually he gets stuck, so i have to interfere.

How can I solve these problems? I lowered attack distance to 50, but still have the same problem sometimes. If needed, I will upload scripts.

Thanks in forward, dd

rock5

Re: Problem with pasper script: bot trying to run through wa

#2 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:11 am

a. Maybe you have waypoint deviation set in your profile?

b. Getting stuck shouldn't be a problem because it should eventually ignore the mob and move on (unless there is more than 1 behind the wall so it alternates between them).
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

dancerinthedark

#3 Post by dancerinthedark » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:20 am

No, waypoint deviation is set to 0. Bot works just fine in other zones, this happens in sascillia only. Allthou i don't think that problem is zone connected :) I'm gonna try to add a small resting pause at those waypoint, from ress point to seller. And about getting stuck, yes, usually there are several mobs, so bot goes in circles. Gonna try to with lowering max target distance more, and see how it goes.

P.S. One more thing: sometimes there's a problem with bot going through the instance portal, he just stands at entrance, on the edge of portal, not entering the instance. Any idea o that? Thanks for the help btw

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:35 am

dancerinthedark wrote:b. when in pasper and killing mobs in the corner, he "sees" nearby mobs just behing the corner and tries to attack them, resulting in bot trying to running through the wall and eventually he gets stuck, so i have to interfere.
Actually the bot does a check of "MAX_TARGET_DIST" against the distance to the path. So if you, for instance, make the path down the middle of a corridor and set MAX_TARGET_DIST to half the width of the corridor, then it should attack everything in the corridor and nothing on the other side of the walls.

So try reducing MAX_TARGET_DIST or moving the path further away from the problem corner..
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

dancerinthedark

#5 Post by dancerinthedark » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:38 pm

I got it working, lowering max target distance did the trick. Anyway, i've uloaded the both scripts, they are working nice, no stucking, with maid drop pots and honor pt i get 150k+ gold per run. Just need a mage char capable of clearing pasper easy with purg, change the profile settings, start a second client for fake pt and there you go. P.S. Bot is not attacking 2nd and last boss. Just start sellgoods script at ress point near ayen caravan.
Attachments
instance.xml
(5.97 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
profile.xml
(12.04 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
sellgoods.xml
(1.48 KiB) Downloaded 371 times