Rock5's Millers Ranch Scripts

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
Pancika

Re: Rock5's Millers Ranch Scripts

#221 Post by Pancika » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:33 am

I've tried that and for a second it worked, but now it doesn't... It's not just this script, this is happening with all scripts :?

rock5

#222 Post by rock5 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:40 am

I'm clutching at straws here but maybe your macro.bsd file is corrupt. That has caused all sort of weird problems in the past. Try deleting it (back it up first if you like) and letting the game recreate it.

Wait, you said it happened with all characters right? So that won't be it. I can't think of anything else at the moment.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Pancika

#223 Post by Pancika » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:02 pm

Yes it happens on all chars... Well if u can think of sth let me know please.

hackzor

#224 Post by hackzor » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:38 am

damn ure right... both bots stopped tonight cauz there were no clickable animals. . . but 2 were clickable and it ignored them :/
well how does the script recognize when the chicken re bugged? maybe it should just try to click it 2 or 3 times before it ignors it . . .

Giram

#225 Post by Giram » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:25 am

I am still using 1.2 version of egg waypoint. i think next version of it will do something bad cause i got those unclickable chicken / eggs after updating. So i just went back using 1.2 version and i haven't never got those unclickable issues. I only added that entering farm part to it. I think i have mentioned this before.

Haven't tried that newest one.

rock5

#226 Post by rock5 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:58 am

hackzor wrote:damn ure right... both bots stopped tonight cauz there were no clickable animals. . . but 2 were clickable and it ignored them :/
well how does the script recognize when the chicken re bugged? maybe it should just try to click it 2 or 3 times before it ignors it . . .
Yes it tries 3 times before adding the hen to the list. I think it's pretty foolproof. It checks to see if it's the same hen and the feed item count didn't go down then that means it failed to feed. If it fails 3 times in a row then it gets added to the list. I'm wondering if maybe the hens become unclickable but then after awhile, maybe they recover?

The only way I can think of to test it is if any of you who get an unclickable hen could leave it a few hours and see if it becomes clickable again. I can't test it as I can't remember the last time I got an unclickable hen.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Pancika

#227 Post by Pancika » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:12 am

Hey again :)
Does it have anything to do with windows, cause on mx windows xp it works just fine, nut on windows 7 i have the previous mentioned issues?

hackzor

#228 Post by hackzor » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:59 am

Yes it tries 3 times before adding the hen to the list. I think it's pretty foolproof. It checks to see if it's the same hen and the feed item count didn't go down then that means it failed to feed. If it fails 3 times in a row then it gets added to the list. I'm wondering if maybe the hens become unclickable but then after awhile, maybe they recover?

The only way I can think of to test it is if any of you who get an unclickable hen could leave it a few hours and see if it becomes clickable again. I can't test it as I can't remember the last time I got an unclickable hen.
hmm coulb be, however i think the easiest and best way would be to just erase the list of bugged henns, as all 3 seem to be unclickable to the bot. so it would try all 3 again 3 times each, you know what i mean?

rock5

#229 Post by rock5 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:34 am

hackzor wrote:hmm coulb be, however i think the easiest and best way would be to just erase the list of bugged henns, as all 3 seem to be unclickable to the bot. so it would try all 3 again 3 times each, you know what i mean?
Um... no. I'm not sure what you mean. It already tries to click them multiple times. What happens is sometimes you check the bot and find that the bot thinks that none of the hens are clickable but some or all of them are. What I was suggesting is maybe they were all unclickable but eventually recovered after the script stopped running. The only way I can think to know if this is true is to see that a hen is unclickable then leave it alone for awhile to see if it recovers.

I think I know what you mean now. When the bot thinks all hens are unclickable you clear the list and start again. If any hens are in fact still unclickable they will be immediately added to the list again. Actually it's a good solution because it will only get stuck when all 3 hens are in fact unclickable. I see just a couple of problems with it. One, it could get to the point where it mistakenly thinks 2 hens are not clickable and then continue indefinately only feeding 1 hen which will waste a lot of time. And two, it wouldn't tell you if in fact unclickable hens recover or if the bot is just mistakenly adding good hens to the list.

I also had an idea of putting a time limit on the time the hens are in the list. eg. when a hen gets added to the list, after 5 minutes it gets removed and the bot tries it again.

But first I need to know if unclickable hens recover or not so I need someone to actually see that an actual unclickable hen recovers.

justas

#230 Post by justas » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:42 am

I have a problem when i start script to harvest eggs it writes: moving to waypoint 4 and then stops and writes [string "..."]:2: attempt to call global 'getQuestStatus' <a nil value>. Any solution?

rock5

#231 Post by rock5 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:16 am

If it's unfamiliar with 'getQuestStatus' then you must have an ancient version of the bot. Try updating it.

hackzor

#232 Post by hackzor » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:51 am

yeah u got what i mean :)

however ill try to watch if henns recover. . tomorrow, the download limit of my bot-ip is alrdy reached :b

hm and youre right that it would be a waste of time to farm just one, but its an even greater waste of time if the bot just stops and says all henns are unclickable^^, ill check the recover-theory and will let u know whats goin on

greets

hackzor

#233 Post by hackzor » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:39 am

sry for doublepost first

2nd: unclickable henns stay unclickable, time doesnt matter. .

i also tried to leave millers ranch, switch channel and port back -> result stays the same -> unclickables stay unclickable

you have to close the whole game and restart it, logout to characterscreen is also not goin to work. . .

so there are only 2 options -> reset list of ignored henns or complete game restart. . . hum

rock5

#234 Post by rock5 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:50 pm

Thanks Hackzor for that. I'll see what I can do. I probably to use a time limit instead of clearing the whole list like I said.

The funny thing is, I've been running the egg script for about 3 days now and have never had a stuck hen or had one mistakenly added to the list. I suspect it's a performance issue. I used to get stuck hens when I had less ram and was trying to run multiple clients. Maybe you could try lessening the stress on your system?

My old system:
Intel quad core, 2g Ram, Windows 7 32bit
Running 4 clients = occational crashes and stuck hens

New system:
Upgrade to 6g ram and windows 7 64bit
Running only 1 client = 0 crashes and 0 stuck hens.

Just something to think about.

rock5

#235 Post by rock5 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:25 pm

Here is my second beta with the minimum time in the ignore list. Eggs and hens are removed from the ignore list after 5 minutes.
MillersRanchChickens.xml
Version 3.0 beta 2
Added set time in ignore list.
(6.96 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
Let me know how it handles stuck hens.

rock5

#236 Post by rock5 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:09 am

I tried jduartedjs egg script and immediately got a stuck egg so I did some testing. Looks like the code for putting the eggs into the ignore list doesn't work as expected. Also the print statements have to be changed. I'm working on an update but I won't be able to finish until after the server comes back online.

hackzor

#237 Post by hackzor » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:27 am

well im runnin just 2 clients with lowest settings on my laptop

2,2 GhZ dualcore, 4GB RAM, 1GB graphics

however the HDD is just 5400rpm, maybe thats the problem with 2 clients at once. . .

so i shouldnt try the actual beta and wait for ya next release?^^

rock5

#238 Post by rock5 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:35 am

I don't think the hard drive would be the problem. I think your stats look good to run 2 clients with no problems. Maybe it's a network issue. Are you playing via wireless network or wired?

I'm currently having problems with beta 3 but it all has to do with the eggs. If you were only having troubles with the hens then go ahead and try beta 2. I don't know if I'll get beta 3 fixed tonight.

hackzor

#239 Post by hackzor » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:57 am

wireless with my mobilephone :b↲but speedtest says i got 1,2mb downloadspeed, so guess this shooudnt be a problem, a rom client ir using abot 20mb in 8(!) hours :)

rock5

#240 Post by rock5 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:08 pm

Try this version.

Main difference Egg ignore list should work now and ignore list will print correctly.

I've also been doing a bit of work incorporating Jduartedj speed improvements into my version. You can look forward to that too. :D

--------------------
Edit: Removed because beta 3 was too buggy.
--------------------