Mother Earth's Protection not working

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Mushroomstamp

Mother Earth's Protection not working

#1 Post by Mushroomstamp » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:50 pm

I can't get the Druid general skill "Mother Earth's Protection", or W/D elite "Guardian's Pledge" to work. Neither was defined in skills, so I added them there, as well as skills.local. In skills, I've tried ( target="friendly" ), and ( target="self" ), for Mother Earth's Protection. In local, I tried spellings with and without the apostrophe. MM shows it just like any other skill while fighting, but the buff does not actually happen. Both are assigned as ( type="buff" ) in skills, could this possibly need to be different? Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

jduartedj

Re: Mother Earth's Protection not working

#2 Post by jduartedj » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:19 pm

Mushroomstamp wrote:I can't get the Druid general skill "Mother Earth's Protection", or W/D elite "Guardian's Pledge" to work. Neither was defined in skills, so I added them there, as well as skills.local. In skills, I've tried ( target="friendly" ), and ( target="self" ), for Mother Earth's Protection. In local, I tried spellings with and without the apostrophe. MM shows it just like any other skill while fighting, but the buff does not actually happen. Both are assigned as ( type="buff" ) in skills, could this possibly need to be different? Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.
Could you paste the lines of skills that you added?
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

Mushroomstamp

#3 Post by Mushroomstamp » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:54 pm

I'll confirm when I can get back on my other computer, but they should be as follows;

Code: Select all

<skill name="DRUID_MOTHER_EARTHS_PROTECTION" aslevel="20" mana="100" range="150" cooldown="60" type="buff" target="friendly" />
<skill name="WARRIOR_GUARDIANS_PLEDGE" cooldown="180" type="buff" target="self" />
<skill name="WARRIOR_BATTLE_CREED"	cooldown="900" type="buff" target="self" />
I was wrong about Mother Earth's Protection, it's already in skills as posted above. Guardian's Pledge has been added as typed. I have Battle creed listed because it's a similarly-coded, functioning addition to my skills file... albeit for another character.

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:11 pm

Just at a quick glance I don't see the skilltab or skillnum values.
I'd treat the skill along the same lines as amp attack which is a priest skill.

Code: Select all

<skill name="PRIEST_AMPLIFIED_ATTACK" aslevel="20" skilltab="4" skillnum="13" mana="36" manainc="3.5" range="150" type="buff" target="friendly" cooldown="1800" />
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Mushroomstamp

#5 Post by Mushroomstamp » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:26 pm

lisa wrote:Just at a quick glance I don't see the skilltab or skillnum values.
I didn't think they were necessary since other skills work without them. *shrugs*

lisa

#6 Post by lisa » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:07 am

I think it only affects the lvling up skill function, pure guess.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

jduartedj

#7 Post by jduartedj » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:51 am

i'm a bit clueless here.... maybe try to remove the cooldowns to see if it works because cooldowns are pretty big there! Acytually I think you mistaken the cooldown argument i doubt the cooldown on WARRIOR_BATTLE_CREED is 10 minutes! Cooldown is the time it takes for you to be able to cast the skill again, not how long the buff lasts.
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

Mushroomstamp

#8 Post by Mushroomstamp » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Battle Creed cd is indeed 15min, (900 seconds), though I will definitely try your suggestion. I guess the main thing here is to get it to work at all, then refine the definition. I can't help but think it's something to do with type="buff", or target="self" or "friendly", so I'm going to start with those. Thanks for the suggestions so far. 8-)

Mushroomstamp

#9 Post by Mushroomstamp » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:40 am

The problem was the apostrophe, which is not present in the definition. Once added to the definition in skills, it works. I expect that will also fix Guardian's Pledge, and any other skill names that incorporate and apostrophe, for that matter. Maybe that could be put on the list of stuff that gets changed and/or added in the next revision?

lisa

#10 Post by lisa » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:11 am

Mushroomstamp wrote:The problem was the apostrophe, which is not present in the definition. Once added to the definition in skills, it works. I expect that will also fix Guardian's Pledge, and any other skill names that incorporate and apostrophe, for that matter. Maybe that could be put on the list of stuff that gets changed and/or added in the next revision?
Actually that's kinda backwards. The settings in skills.xml is defined by the designer/creator of rom bot, you could name it DRUID_BLAHBLAH and aslong as anytime you want to reference that skill you also say DRUID_BLAHBLAH then it will work fine.

I would suguest setting your profile with the exact same name that is listed in skills.xml and any skills you add don't use a '. Having ' in names can mess with coding.

Mushroomstamp

#11 Post by Mushroomstamp » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:43 am

lisa wrote:The settings in skills.xml is defined by the designer/creator of rom bot, you could name it DRUID_BLAHBLAH and aslong as anytime you want to reference that skill you also say DRUID_BLAHBLAH then it will work fine.

I would suguest setting your profile with the exact same name that is listed in skills.xml and any skills you add don't use a '. Having ' in names can mess with coding.
The skill does not actually cast if you set your profile with the exact name listed in an unedited skills.xml... that was the reason I posted, and suggested the change for the next revision. MM calls it as set in-profile, but apparently the game doesn't "recognize" it without the apostrophe.

lisa

#12 Post by lisa » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:04 am

The bot itself isn't trying to make rom actually use that skill.
The skills.xml sets the variables for the skill.
The profile.xml sets the key to push and any user settings you wish to add. You set the ingame key to match the one you set in your profile.
If all these things match up then it will do the skill on that key.
If it's not working then things arn't matching up.
try removing the ' from both skills.xml and your profile.xml and if it worked previously then it should work still.

Mushroomstamp

#13 Post by Mushroomstamp » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:05 pm

lisa wrote:The bot itself isn't trying to make rom actually use that skill.
The skills.xml sets the variables for the skill.
The profile.xml sets the key to push and any user settings you wish to add. You set the ingame key to match the one you set in your profile.
If all these things match up then it will do the skill on that key.
This is true... if you designate virtual keys, which I do not do. So, apparently users who don't designate virtual keys need to add the apostrophe to skills as I've mentioned.
Last edited by Mushroomstamp on Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lisa

#14 Post by lisa » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:16 pm

So you don't use rombot?
You just use MM to do what you need done?

Mushroomstamp

#15 Post by Mushroomstamp » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:19 pm

Edited last post... that might be a bit clearer.

Administrator
Site Admin

#16 Post by Administrator » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:36 pm

So what you're saying is that you are using key="MACRO"?

Mushroomstamp

#17 Post by Mushroomstamp » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:58 pm

Yes