3.0.5 not working

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
VoidMain

Re: 3.0.5 not working

#61 Post by VoidMain » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:25 pm

The process to find the address for the "table of tables" is quite simple (its simple now that i know what i'm looking for...):
Open CE and do a text search for: "ImageObjectDB", memory browse to the first result (might be 1,2 or more depending on game version but the important one is always first one so far), set the view to 8 columns (just expand the window horizonatly until you see 8).
Here comes a tricky part: you have to align the result by moving lef or right depending on how you see it, to align the result until you get the version of the database on one line and the name on the next one (version is something like: "v0.20 min 0730" and a date) align the view so the "v" is the first char on the line and then you can see the first address we need is the the address that points to the previous 4 bytes to that char. (Look at picture 1).
Ok, now we do another search in CE, this time we search for 4 bytes in hexa, and the term is the address we just found (in this case: 016449C0), the result we need is the first one, after all this patches it always has been the 1st one, but thats easy to check, go memory browse the first result, and if that points to a list of addresses close to each other, then it is the one we looking for, once we are sure this is the address we are looking for, in memory browse window press CTRL+P (or go to Tools->Pointer scan) and do a pointer scan search for this address, put the address in "Address to find" and leave all by default except for "Max level", set it at 2.
When pointer scan finish look for a pointer in Client.exe whose offsets are: 540 the first one and 78 the last one, yo probably get more than one of those results, go for the first again and we're set. (540 and 78 are the offsets i found all the time for the last 3 patches, that could change some time...) the result will be a 2 pointer address, the only one we need is the first one (Client.exe+XXXXX) Client.exe starts at 004XXX so if the result is: Client.Exe+005D7914 the addres we need is: 009D7914 and thats all, thats the address we need to put in addresses.lua in tablesBase like this: tablesBase = 0x9D7914,
I hope this makes any sense because i'm really tired, didn't sleep the last 2 nights because of work... But more than that, i hope it helps to get someone else that can do this besides me...
Attachments
Picture 1.<br />Here is a picture of the result aligned to get the first address needed.
Picture 1.
Here is a picture of the result aligned to get the first address needed.

hellburns

#62 Post by hellburns » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:44 pm

Thank you for taking the time to do this for us, its much appreciated

checkii

#63 Post by checkii » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:51 pm

Void's update seemed to have broke player:target_object function completely.

When the bot reaches the item he will take the item but then freeze at the location. He is unable to move on to the next way point. I temp fix is to use player:harvest instead.

Edit: My bad, i didn't realize they weren't related.
Last edited by checkii on Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S3v3n11

#64 Post by S3v3n11 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:12 pm

The millers ranch script also does not seem to work.

WhiteTiger

#65 Post by WhiteTiger » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:19 pm

Hmm, my bot doesn't use any skills either :S.

VoidMain

#66 Post by VoidMain » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:28 pm

Actually it has nothing to do with "my" update, Harvesting and Battling flags are not working, it seems like those offset have changed...

Andreas_B

#67 Post by Andreas_B » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:49 pm

checkii wrote:Void's update seemed to have broke player:target_objection function completely.
The flag for casting don't work - player.Casting is ever "true", therefore the loop of player:target_object is endless ... player:harvest don't use this condition.

rock5

#68 Post by rock5 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:14 am

This is because Voidmain didn't add all the changed addresses that I found in my fix. I'll update mine and commit my addresses.lua.

Edit: Turns out he just missed 1 address 'castingBarPtr'. I've committed it to rev 511.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

swietlowka

#69 Post by swietlowka » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:34 am

gr8 news, since we know what to search isąnt there a way maybe to implement this into rom/update? i dont know what it did before, but it seems like its a little familiar so maybe its possible

@Voidman gr8 thx that u found a little time to help, and also made this little walktrough

horsewilly

#70 Post by horsewilly » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:20 pm

Hey, so is the bot supposed to work again? I've been playing with older versions of the bot the past few weeks cause whenever Id update it, it wouldn't work - now the old one obviously stopped working, and I still can't get the new one to work. I hope I'm not asking something totally obvious:
So I decided Id just make a new micromacro folder, and update that, but 'addresses', 'update' and 'pawn' are giving me the orange "!"-sign-symbol. is it supposed to be that way?
Either way, when I try to run the bot, I mean when I just type in rom/bot.lua etc. it tells me "...rom/addresses.lua:15: unexpected symbol near '<'"

soo yeah, hope I'm not asking something all-too retarded..

rock5

#71 Post by rock5 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:32 pm

horsewilly wrote:Hey, so is the bot supposed to work again? I've been playing with older versions of the bot the past few weeks cause whenever Id update it, it wouldn't work - now the old one obviously stopped working, and I still can't get the new one to work. I hope I'm not asking something totally obvious:
So I decided Id just make a new micromacro folder, and update that, but 'addresses', 'update' and 'pawn' are giving me the orange "!"-sign-symbol. is it supposed to be that way?
Either way, when I try to run the bot, I mean when I just type in rom/bot.lua etc. it tells me "...rom/addresses.lua:15: unexpected symbol near '<'"

soo yeah, hope I'm not asking something all-too retarded..
I think you have conflicting changes which usually happens when you download rombot first then doing an SVN update. For future reference you don't need to download rombot first, just create an empty folder and do a "SVN Checkout" on it.

But now that you've done it, just right click the problem files and select "TortoiseSVN/Revert".
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

rock5

#72 Post by rock5 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:38 pm

VoidMain wrote:The process to find the address for the "table of tables" is quite simple (its simple now that i know what i'm looking for...):
I tried out your intructions and was able to find the tablesBase value so the instructions are good. :)

Just 1 question, how do you get the memory viewer to display in columns of 4 bytes like that? That would make reading addresses so much easier. Mine displays only single byte values.

VoidMain

#73 Post by VoidMain » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:00 pm

Just press CTRL+3 ;)

rock5

#74 Post by rock5 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:31 am

VoidMain wrote:Just press CTRL+3 ;)
Cool. Thanks.

Rom Botter

#75 Post by Rom Botter » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:43 am

VoidMain wrote:Ok, just uploaded the fix for the missing address, updata from SVN and it will work as expected, i'll post the process to get this address so you don't have to wait for me the next patch, i like to apologize for the delay but i have so much work and zero free time these days...
Dont apologize... if ur busy with ur work ur in no way obligated to fix this for us... but i do wanna thank you for fixing it ^^
I think people need to be educated on the fact the marijuana is NOT a drug... marijuana is a plant and an herb, GOD put it here... if GOD put it here, what gives the GOVERNMENT the right to say GOD is WRONG??? ~ Willie Nelson

swietlowka

#76 Post by swietlowka » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:11 am

Rom Botter wrote:
VoidMain wrote:Ok, just uploaded the fix for the missing address, updata from SVN and it will work as expected, i'll post the process to get this address so you don't have to wait for me the next patch, i like to apologize for the delay but i have so much work and zero free time these days...
Dont apologize... if ur busy with ur work ur in no way obligated to fix this for us... but i do wanna thank you for fixing it ^^
+1

Wazza77

#77 Post by Wazza77 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:48 am

Anyone else having trouble getting the mail function to work after this last update?

swietlowka

#78 Post by swietlowka » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:49 am

nope, not here at least

horsewilly

#79 Post by horsewilly » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:16 am

rock5 wrote: I think you have conflicting changes which usually happens when you download rombot first then doing an SVN update. For future reference you don't need to download rombot first, just create an empty folder and do a "SVN Checkout" on it.

But now that you've done it, just right click the problem files and select "TortoiseSVN/Revert".
Thanks! all works great now :)

fred55555

#80 Post by fred55555 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:47 am

Thank you Void and Rock

you guys are a great help