Changelog 745 (RC3)

For changelogs and discussion related to a specific revision.
botje

Re: Heads up! Big update comming. Looking for testers.

#41 Post by botje » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:55 pm

hmm, it looks like it casts lots of skills that are not able to be cast due to the rage requirements.

i see very much "failed to cast" lines in the MM window.

rock5

#42 Post by rock5 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:25 pm

I noticed this too with a rogue. It seems that the rage, energy, focus values update about once a second. The bot can cast faster than that so it tries to cast when it doesn't have enough power. While you have plenty of power it seems to work fine.

I already spent much time trying to fix it but I might have to spend some more.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

botje

#43 Post by botje » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:36 pm

ok, then its not me :P

also, i notice bot drops target mid fighting a lot O.o

HGW

#44 Post by HGW » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:13 am

Hi,

the bot is very fast, but I found some issues:
1. Bot ignores waiting after entering instance.
Same issues like in the current version (1 time in 30 runs) but in beta3 it happens more frequent (3 times in 10 runs).
All ends with dead :(

Code: Select all

yrest(30000);
  waitForLoadingScreen(30); 	
  player:update();

2. The bot cast 4xtimes but only the first one is not failed.
During fight also self healing or using potions not working every time.
In the current version this works better but slower.

3. After the pet is died, the bot (HP=100%) don't stop casting self healing or using potions.

Best Regards
HaGuWe

rock5

#45 Post by rock5 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:48 am

1. This doesn't make sense. Why do you wait 30 seconds then wait another 30 seconds for the loading screen? Wouldn't the loading screen already have come and gone? You don't say how you die. Does it fail to teleport? Does it do something strange after teleporting?

2. Does it fail to cast all the time? What class are you talking about? What's your ping like? You can see your ping by pressing CTRL_X.

3. I'll have to look into that.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

HGW

#46 Post by HGW » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi Rock,

1. sry problem solved, wrong waypoint used.
2. Yes, everytime the same.
Class is Scout/Druid, lvl 60.

Drücke MACRO: SCOUT_COMBO_SHOT    =>   Ousul-Salamander (15683/15683)
Drücke MACRO: SCOUT_SHOT          =>   * Cast gescheitert *
Drücke MACRO: SCOUT_AUTOSHOT       =>   * Cast gescheitert *
Drücke MACRO: SCOUT_WIND_ARROWS    =>   * Cast gescheitert *
or

Drücke MACRO: SCOUT_COMBO_SHOT    =>   * Cast gescheitert *
Drücke MACRO: SCOUT_SHOT          =>   * Cast gescheitert *
Drücke MACRO: SCOUT_AUTOSHOT       =>   * Cast gescheitert *
Drücke MACRO: SCOUT_WIND_ARROWS    =>   * Cast gescheitert *
Wir machen keinen Schaden und brechen daher ab ...

botje

#47 Post by botje » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:49 pm

yep, thats what mine does too, except in english :P

tries, fails, 4 times, then breaks of mid combat because he doesnt see damage.

Bubi

#48 Post by Bubi » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:18 pm

Have this too but without loosing the target. But ROM always print in red letters "You have to face target before using the skill" (or so, it's in German ;) )
That's just happens with Knight/Priest in close combat fight.
My Rogue/Scout have not that problem, because he just onehit the mob.

rock5

#49 Post by rock5 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:50 am

I already have a fix for this problem. Change line 1457 of player.lua from

self:updateAlive()
to

target:updateAlive()

Bubi, "You have to face target before using the skill" will happen temporarily when you run towards the mob while the mob runs to you and you pass each other, so it ends up behind you. If this happens the bot should immediately turn you around. If it keeps doing that message even though the mobs seems to be in front of you then it's because the server reported the wrong position for the mob. Not much we can do about that but the bot will move back after 15 seconds which will make the mob move toward you, which updates it's position and allows you to finish killing it.

rock5

#50 Post by rock5 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:54 am

I'm seeing another bug though. It seems to go through all my skills even though I kill the target with the first 2. I'll have to look into that.

botje

#51 Post by botje » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:22 am

ill add that fix and report back ^^

nightclaw

#52 Post by nightclaw » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:45 am

i haveing issue with the latest beta3 i keep lossing target here and there when just doing norm wandering area for radom kills ....its start a fight them say after 10 or 12 kills it fight get them to 1/2 then just stop fighting and go new target and just saids on bot changing target i have no clue why but does these at radom and in diff areas i try and i running a warden/scout with on testing but not much else issues i have other then few old 1s with current released V.

also i like give u list i made for skills i added the champions skill on some that was missing but not all them

<!-- Champion skills -->
<skill name="CHAMPION_ELECTROCUTION" id="498522" rage="20" range="50" cooldown="8" type="damage" target="enemy" />
<skill name="CHAMPION_HEAVY_BASH" id="498521" rage="20" range="50" type="damage" target="enemy" />
<skill name="CHAMPION_RUNE_ENERGY_INFLUX" id="498533" rage="10" cooldown="10" type="heal" target="self" />
<skill name="CHAMPION_SHOCK_STRIKE" id="498534" rage="25" range="100" cooldown="6" type="damage" target="enemy" aoecenter="self" />
<skill name="CHAMPION_FORGE" id="498523" type="buff" buffname="621167" target="self" />
<skill name="CHAMPION_Shield Form" id="498562" type="buff" buffname="498562" target="self" />
<skill name="CHAMPION_RUNE_DRAW" id="498564" range="150" cooldown="40" type="damage" target="enemy" />
<skill name="CHAMPION_RUNE_PULSE" id="498529" range="225" casttime="2" cooldown="6" type="damage" target="enemy" />
<skill name="CHAMPION_FEARLESS_BLOW" id="498531" rage="15" range="200" cooldown="25" type="damage" target="enemy" />
<skill name="CHAMPION_RUNE_GROWTH" id="498536" cooldown="15" type="buff" target="self" buffname="621209" />
<skill name="CHAMPION_KINETIC_BURN" id="498481" rage="30" range="50" cooldown="60" type="damage" target="enemy" aoecenter="player" />
<skill name="CHAMPION_ENERGY_INFLUX_STRIKE" id="498526" rage="25" range="50" cooldown="8" type="damage" target="enemy" />

rock5

#53 Post by rock5 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:12 am

nightclaw, try using some punctuation. It might make it a bit easier to understand what you write.

Are you saying that when using "wander" it stops half way through fight and targets another mob? What's the message you get exactly? Searching for "changing target" yielded no results. Is it because the other mob attacked you? How many hits did it do to the first mob before it switched targets?

botje

#54 Post by botje » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:17 am

i think replacing that was not the smart way to fix it xd

[DEBUG] 643928320 target HP is less than 1
Fight finished. Killed 2 Goblin Patrolman. (fight #2 / runtime 0 minutes)
Forced waypoint type 'TRAVEL' set by user.
[DEBUG] don't loot reason: target not lootable.
Clearing target.
[DEBUG] don't loot all reason: settings.profile.options.LOOT_ALL ~= true
Clearing target.
No more (usable) hp potions available at bagslot 1 to 240
MACRO: Using HP potion -1291534206/1060439239 (-121%): Basic Medicine (qty 13)
k, added that fix, instead of replacing the self update with the target update, that works better actually :P

also, dunno if its related, but catchcavy didnt even detect the golden cavy just now O.o

rock5

#55 Post by rock5 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:31 am

botje, I didn't quite follow that. Are you saying that replacing self:updateAlive() with target:updateAlive() was not a good idea? Well it's not meant to be 'self' as 'self' is player and we need to update the targets Alive status so the "if Alive" statement works.
botje wrote:added that fix, instead of replacing the self update with the target update, that works better actually
What are you talking about? It sounds like you are saying you applied some other fix that worked better. What fix did you apply?
botje wrote:also, dunno if its related, but catchcavy didnt even detect the golden cavy just now
I think I have too much on my plate at the moment to worry about cathcavy. Bring it up again when I've committed if it's still an issue.

botje

#56 Post by botje » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:00 am

yes sorry, should have made that clearer.

first i used your fix, so replacing self with target.

but that was even worse then before, so now i changed that back, and added the target:updateAlive() under the self:UpdateAlive().

ok, ill see if the catchcavy still fuckes up after that try, and keep it on the backburner if needed.

Botje

romaniac

#57 Post by romaniac » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:13 am

rock5 wrote:One of the first times I tested the new 1-10 questing script it didn't see one of the first npcs. It said something like, "npc not found" even though I was standing right next to it. It didn't happen again so I think we can rule out any problem with the bot. It's more likely just a glitch in the game.
I think it is a problem with the game. I am using a regular bot version, not the new beta discussed here. But I have observed the same problem with the old bot three times in the last two weeks or so.

Bot reports it cannot find an NPC. The npc is right next to it and it has been loaded/visible for several seconds.

Retrying to locate the NPC does not work
Restarting the bot does not work.
Targetting and interacting with the npc manually does work but the bot still cannot see it.
Restarting the game client fixes the problem.

So it's the game but it's pretty annoying as it randomly breaks the scripting.

botje

#58 Post by botje » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:38 am

also, bot doesnt see me dying, nor when i teleport to other zone, needs me to press stop/start to update and go on :(

rock5

#59 Post by rock5 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:43 am

romaniac wrote:Retrying to locate the NPC does not work
Restarting the bot does not work.
Targetting and interacting with the npc manually does work but the bot still cannot see it.
Restarting the game client fixes the problem.
That is a lot of useful information. Thanks. So a simple repeat loop isn't a solution. I suspect some glitch that causes it to stop part way through the list of objects in memory. So the npc you are trying to target is in the part of the list it isn't checking.

I have something else for you to try the next time it happens. Try going out of range of the npc until it's not visible then going back to it and try again. That should move the objects in memory around and maybe the npc will work again.

There could still be a possibility that there is a rarely triggered bug in the code that is the cause. I'll have a look but if there is I doubt I'll find it.

rock5

#60 Post by rock5 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:54 am

botje wrote:also, bot doesnt see me dying, nor when i teleport to other zone, needs me to press stop/start to update and go on :(
Yeah... I think there is a fatal flaw in my programming in that it doesn't update the player address hardly anywhere. I'll check what you said but I think I will have to add a player:updateAddress function and find a few choice places to execute it.

Edit: On second thought teleports should still work. At the very least you should be using waitForLoadingScreen() and that does a player:update() which updates the address. Unless you are talking about rbassist.xml. I should probably add a player:update() in that.