Changelog 745 (RC3)

For changelogs and discussion related to a specific revision.
grande

Re: Heads up! Big update comming. Looking for testers.

#21 Post by grande » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:33 pm

Did you have MAX_TARGET_DIST set to a short distance for that character?
It was set to 180.
I don't understand the "Stopping execution." error. That's a micromacro error. It has something to do with the coreroutine. We probably need Administrators help on that.
Can disregard that part. Pretty sure it just popped up after I ended the script.

Have a good night. Spent all day at a state fair so I'm pooped.

rock5

#22 Post by rock5 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:57 am

The issues so far.

MAX_TARGET_DIST issue in survivalr5 - This seems to have been an existing problem. The check that fails is the distance to the nearest waypoint. There is only one waypoint in that room and that is near the entry doorway. So if MAX_TARGET_DIST isn't about 300 then it wont reach all the tiles in the room. Seems to affect some classes more than others. I just need to add "settings.profile.options.MAX_TARGET_DIST=300" to the survival script.

survival time running out and still in attack mode - Again that is probably just an issue with survival. When breaking tiles it checks to see if the timer runs out but it doesn't check when dealing with a mob that spawns.

Occasional MAX_TARGET_DIST errors when running normal waypoint files - I believed I already fixed that by adding a player coord update in evaltargetdefault.

Lost fight summary - It was just a typo.

I think that's everything.

At this point I'm thinking of updating to a new beta.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

grande

#23 Post by grande » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:54 am

I just need to add "settings.profile.options.MAX_TARGET_DIST=300" to the survival script.
Yep, that worked perfect. No more issues with Malatina survival!

Other thing I've noticed seems to be around opening mail and NPC dialogue boxes. Seems to be more glitchy now where it skips over actually opening the dialogue box or misses an option selection which throws the rest of the interface actions off. So, if I execute script to open a mail box it may miss that part, not open the mailbox, and then hault/crash the rombot because of a mail box not open error.

But I think this had also happened before this beta and may be independent of the beta and specific to user experience. Like this laptop I'm on is a real piece of crap and probably exceeds some of the delays with it's own. Functions such as "waitforlloadingscreen()" are nice since it just waits until the loading screen has expired before continuing the script unless you specify some time within the parentheses.

rock5

#24 Post by rock5 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:06 am

One of the first times I tested the new 1-10 questing script it didn't see one of the first npcs. It said something like, "npc not found" even though I was standing right next to it. It didn't happen again so I think we can rule out any problem with the bot. It's more likely just a glitch in the game. There is not much we can do unless we use a loop that keeps trying until successful which is not always what you want.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

grande

#25 Post by grande » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:52 pm

Yep, pretty sure I'm just working out user-side kinks for now. This update is SWEET. Will def be looking to expanding ops :-)

My laptop will easily handle 3 instances now where before I could only comfortably do 1. Will see later how far I can push it... Still deciding on what else I'll do with the extra capability.

Good job!

rock5

#26 Post by rock5 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:23 am

grande wrote:My laptop will easily handle 3 instances now where before I could only comfortably do 1. Will see later how far I can push it... Still deciding on what else I'll do with the extra capability.
That's excellent. I would have been happy with double the clients. Triple is awesome.

I'm currently working on something else. I had code that I hoped would allow it to cast faster when the skill casttime reduces but it wasn't working properly. I fixed it. I'm just testing some new priest characters that sometimes Rising Tide only takes 1 second. It consistently cast 3 Rising Tides in 3 seconds so I'm happy with that. Actually I don't think the bot even uses the CastTime value anymore, it just needs to know if the skill has a CastTime.

I'm also looking at instant cast skills. They seem to take longer than they need to. Is there even a global cooldown anymore? If so how long is it? It looks like to me that it still takes about a second to cast instant skills. Are there any instant skills that are not affected by it?

grande

#27 Post by grande » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:00 am

That's excellent. I would have been happy with double the clients. Triple is awesome.
Well, to be more accurate in my reporting I also have to say I recently dropped ops temperature on my laptop from 90 degrees to around 70 degrees celcius which surely helped with operations as well. Either way, the cpu usage is hugely noiticeable as even on my desktop I was capping 100% with just four or five clients running. Not having that issue any more. I think it was consistently hovering around 70% cpu usage with 5 clients going. Again, I need to do more testing but am about to hit the road for a week.

The casting speed or action processing in general is a very fascinating topic indeed! I've gone so far (finally) as to start using Auto Hot Key (AHK) and that is absolutely amazing. Again though, steep learning curve for me. You'd probably have no problem with it... Any how, the bottom line in my opinion is absolute control rather that means sending actions faster than cooldowns allow which is what AHK does. Actually AHK simply spams one button (every 300 miliseconds in my current config) which actually spams a macro of several other actions to include camera angle position setting, target enemy and attack. Spamming that fast keeps the camera where it needs to be for fast targetting and keeps enemies dieing very quickly simply because targetting occurs faster.

rock5

#28 Post by rock5 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:05 am

I think the bot can never be that fast but I am making lots of improvements.

botje

#29 Post by botje » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:31 am

oooh, can i test it? :)

rock5

#30 Post by rock5 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:08 am

Send me an private message and let me know what sort of botting you do. I'll send you the beta. I'm currently polishing off beta3, though, so I might wait until that's ready.

rock5

#31 Post by rock5 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:20 am

I think I finally figured out why keypresses are so unreliable. The keyboardPress command is too fast. I was doing some tests with Shot and Wind Arrows while running to the mob and Shot would often fail to cast. It was weird because I could see the character raise the weapon but it wouldn't fire. When I changed RoMScript to press the macro button for 100ms instead of the 50ms that keyboardPress takes, it worked every time. I wonder if this has always been the problem with keypresses.

noobbotter

#32 Post by noobbotter » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:42 am

Sorry, meant to do a PM but accidentally posted here. Please ignore (or delete) this post. Thanks.

rock5

#33 Post by rock5 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:21 am

Beta 3 has been released to testers. I did a lot of work improving the speed at which it casts both timed and instant casts.

I'm committed now to stop making any more major changes so I can get it cleaned up for release.

botje

#34 Post by botje » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:30 pm

so far so good, ran a new warrior twice, no problems whatsoever.

very fast ^^

now to try the other classes :P

i did notice you skipped some quests in your q file, added a few myself, like collecting resources etc.

also, perhaps add some small things like closing the first dialog, and the dialogs when ya levelup to 5 and 10?

rock5

#35 Post by rock5 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:39 pm

Basically the quests don't include the resources ones, the treasure hunting one or any of the kobold quests. Still it should easily get to level 10 which is what it's goal is.

I didn't remove those dialogs because in the end it doesn't really matter that they are there.

Did you still have space in your bags? I worried a bit that someone without a good lootfilter addon might end up with full bags.

botje

#36 Post by botje » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:50 pm

barely touched second bag, and no lootfilter on.

but a simple stop at merchant should stop that right?

rock5

#37 Post by rock5 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:58 pm

That's strange. I usually end up with nearly both full and mine drops all runes. I'm pretty sure it would have filled if I didn't drop the runes. Did you use the l1-10 profile? That opens up your gift bags which might contribute to filling the bags.
botje wrote: but a simple stop at merchant should stop that right?
That's the idea. If people report the bags filling I might add a merchant visit.

botje

#38 Post by botje » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:02 pm

yes, didnt use a custom one, although i did copy that one and gave it my char name, but that is all whats different.

i think you should add the visit anyway mate, just in case ^^

rock5

#39 Post by rock5 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:08 pm

Strange then that you didn't get that many items. I think I'll test without lootomatic enabled and see how it goes for me.

botje

#40 Post by botje » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:10 pm

perhaps just bad luck man, i dunno xd