Arrows: "Runic Thorn" and "Kerl's Mechanical Arrow"

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Wazza77

Arrows: "Runic Thorn" and "Kerl's Mechanical Arrow"

#1 Post by Wazza77 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:14 pm

Those two types of arrows won't be auto equipped. They just get auto bought and never used filling up the whole backpack. It would also be cool if there was a function checking if you have a "runic" weapon and then create the "Runic Arrows" and equip.

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Arrows: "Runic Thorn" and "Kerl's Mechanical Arrow"

#2 Post by Administrator » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:36 pm

It buys them but doesn't equip them? That's weird. I'd expect both or neither. Try adding an entry to database/consumables.xml:

Code: Select all

<potion type="arrow" id="212185" name="Runic Thorn" level="55" />
<potion type="arrow" id="202084" name="Kerl's Mechanical Arrow" level="56" />
Let me know if this fixes it.

Wazza77

#3 Post by Wazza77 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:47 pm

It works if I add:

<!-- Arrows -->
<potion type="arrow" id="212185" name="Runic Thorn" level="55" />
<potion type="arrow" id="202084" name="" level="56" />

The "" is because the "Kerl's Mechanical Arrow" doesn't have a ingame name added. It's just blank. What would be great now is to use the rombot to detect if I have any "Runic Arrows" and if I don't create new ones.

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:16 pm

And how does the creation of runic arrows work? Is it crafting, through use of a skill, or what?

Wazza77

#5 Post by Wazza77 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:47 am

Ohh..sorry. Creating purple arrows for the Rune Bow and Rune Catapult is by r-clicking on it when equipped. A new stack of purple 999 "Runic Thorn" with the highest damage turns up in your backpack. So the best arrows is for free if you have the right bow or xbow.

Wazza77

#6 Post by Wazza77 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:16 am

Sadly, but with the above setup in "consumables.xml" I doesn't buy any "Kerl's Mechanical Arrows" -quiver only the next i level "Gunpowder Arrow Quiver". Why is that?

<!-- Arrow quivers -->
<potion type="arrow_quiver" id="202084" name="Kerl's Mechanical Arrow" level="56" />
<potion type="arrow_quiver" id="202083" name="Gunpowder Arrow Quiver" level="49" />

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:59 am

I don't use arrows but I can give you a couple of points to note.

1. Kerl's quiver has a name "Kerl's Mechanical Arrow" and an id of 202084. I notice that it has already been added to the consumables database.
2. Kerl's arrow have no name and their id is 210312. It hasn't been added to the database.

Seems to me that, with what has been mentioned above, this might work for Kerl's Mechanical Arrow.

<!-- Arrow quivers -->
<potion type="arrow_quiver" id="202084" name="Kerl's Mechanical Arrow" level="56" />
and

<!-- Arrows -->
<potion type="arrow" id="210312" name="" level="56" />
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:17 am

Wazza77 wrote:It would also be cool if there was a function checking if you have a "runic" weapon and then create the "Runic Arrows" and equip.
I don't know if Administrator is consifering adding this but you could do it quite simply.

Assuming you have added the arrows to the consumables database and they get used already by the bot if you have some in your bag, then all you have to do is create the arrows.

Try this. In the <onLeaveCombat> section of your profile add this;

if inventory:getItemCount(212185) < 500 then -- minimum arrows you want in your bag ready to be equipped. You should decide best value.
    sendMacro("UseEquipmentItem(10)") -- I think 10 is the ranged weapon
end
This assumes you have the right sort of ranged weapon. Do all "runic" weapons create the same "Runic Thorn" arrows?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Wazza77

#9 Post by Wazza77 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:06 pm

Perfect! It works great now! The ranged weapons I know of that creates purple arrows are "Rune War Bow" and "Rune Catapult". The two best ranged weapons in the game currently.

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:47 pm

Wazza77 wrote:Perfect! It works great now! The ranged weapons I know of that creates purple arrows are "Rune War Bow" and "Rune Catapult". The two best ranged weapons in the game currently.
Do you know if they create the same arrows?

Wazza77

#11 Post by Wazza77 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:51 am

No, but I think so. Everybody is only refering to the "purple arrows" that come with the "runic weapons".

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:13 am

Revision 455 now has "Runic Thorn" and "Kerl's Mechanical Arrow" added to consumables.

expo

#13 Post by expo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:02 pm

Wazza77 wrote:Those two types of arrows won't be auto equipped. They just get auto bought and never used filling up the whole backpack. It would also be cool if there was a function checking if you have a "runic" weapon and then create the "Runic Arrows" and equip.

Mechanical arrow? first time I've heard that one, can you post some image of that weapon?