GW2

You may request or share scripts for MicroMacro in this forum.
lisa

GW2

#1 Post by lisa » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:17 pm

found an indicator of direction easy enough, it's values are interesting though.
static address 0x016B174C float value
gw2dir.png
very early stages of course and still in Beta testing

player HP
0x16A13F8
(0x134,0x3C,0x10)

player MaxHP
0x16A13F8
(0x134,0x3C,0x14)

These are player location and follow the X,Z of NSEW
Static Floats
playerX = 0x1728334,
playerZ = 0x1728338,
playerY = 0x172833C,

Found some other addresses which might help for direction.
0x172831C seems to be camera direction, goes from -1 to 1 to -1
1 being east
0x1728320 seems to be camera direction, goes from -1 to 1 to -1
1 being north

0x1728328 seems to be for player direction, goes from -1 to 1 to -1
1 being east
0x172832C seems to be for player direction, goes from -1 to 1 to -1
1 being north

player has target
decimal, 1 has target // 0 no target
0x016A16FC

--=== updated ===--
Createpath is working, haven't done a moveto function yet, going to have to work out best way to handle the direction thing.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: GW2

#2 Post by Administrator » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:02 pm

I'm guessing direction is either stored somewhere else and what you've found is for something different but related to direction, or it could be part of two vectors to describe direction (much like how RoM works). Guess you could try looking for another variable in that area, then use sin/cos math to see if you can extract a working angle.

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:33 pm

I set up MM to use the turn player key every few seconds, turns char around 1/3 a roatation, while it was doing that I was searching CE for addresses. I consistantly get 230,000 addresses change when char turns and stay same when char doesn't turn.

Makes it hard to find that address to make it easy. I mean could use a combination of those 2 addresses posted earlier to do what I want, obviously would prefer not to have to do complex calculations lol
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:22 am

Right. I understand how that is. I would assume that this direction would be near other player-related variables, so it might help to try and limit the search range like that.

If it is two vectors as I suspected, the other variable is probably +/- 4 bytes from that address. Just add it manually and see if it exhibits the same behavior. If it does, you can just do this:

Code: Select all

local vec1 = memoryReadFloat(...);
local vec2 = memoryReadFloat(...);
local direction = math.atan2(vec2, vec1);

lisa

#5 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:30 am

small patch today, changed the coord addresses lol
I would have had it too, ohh well nvm.
Atleast it looks like should be able to do up something for it once released anyway.

I had this ready to go.

local Vec1 = memoryReadFloat(getProc(), 0x1728328) or 0
	local Vec2 = memoryReadFloat(getProc(), 0x172832C) or 0
	playerDirection = math.atan2(Vec2, Vec1)
found the new ones, was + 10000

Administrator
Site Admin

#6 Post by Administrator » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:40 am

Have you or will you buy the game? I preordered it the day that was available. I've been trying to make a point of not playing it much during these betas, but have always been easily convinced to help out my friends and significant other.

lisa

#7 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:01 am

Administrator wrote:Have you or will you buy the game?
Honestly not sure, the game itself is ok, I haven't seen anything that has made me think that I definately have to get it.

For me I think it will come down to whether I think people will buy in game gold or not. I haven't seen anything from gold selling sites yet about it, so not sure.

I haven't even tried to trade in game, hmmm, just had a look, doesn't appear to be a trading screen but you can send mail with items or gold.

Ok tested this

local Vec1 = memoryReadFloat(getProc(), 0x1729328) or 0
   local Vec2 = memoryReadFloat(getProc(), 0x172932C) or 0
   playerDirection = math.atan2(Vec2, Vec1)
Now does -Pi to Pi.

Administrator
Site Admin

#8 Post by Administrator » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:34 am

Great. -pi to +pi is exactly what you need. See this thread for more information on how to use it correctly.

lisa

#9 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:52 am

I tried to write to memory using this but it didn't seem to work.

local angle = math.atan2(waypoint.Z - playerZ, waypoint.X - playerX);
		local Vec1 = math.cos(angle)
		local Vec2 = math.sin(angle)
		print(Vec1)
		print(Vec2)
		memoryWriteFloat(getProc(), 0x1729328, Vec1);
		memoryWriteFloat(getProc(), 0x172932C, Vec2);
prints were fine.

tried to write to the addresses using CE but they change back almost instantly. So I think I will have to do the old fashioned turning.

Almost out of time, going to work soon, so probably won't get it following any paths.

Looks like it shouldn't be to hard to get the bot working on GW2 though, mainly for grinding mobs.

I might see if any gold selling sites post they are looking for sellers between now and release date.

lisa

#10 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:15 am

I did a quick adaptation of the RoM player:moveTo and it kind of works but seems to always be heading 90 degrees to the right, so miscalculation in there somewhere lol

spent way to much time trying to get this to work lol
1 day I might understand all this cos and sin stuff, not today though.

lisa

#11 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:45 am

Just going to post my current files on this, in case I do decide to get the game later, might have a couple hours tomorrow to get the pathing working, then I'll be happy =)

another static address, if the loot window is open and you have loot to collect.
Always same spot on screen, easy enough to do a mouse click for it.

0x0176E3DC
0 no loot, 1 for loot.
Attachments
GW2.zip
(42.45 KiB) Downloaded 385 times

Administrator
Site Admin

#12 Post by Administrator » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:49 am

I'm guessing you just need to change sin/cos around. Try sin on vec1 and cos on vec2.

That is a sine wave, as I'm sure you already know. Just think of it as where a point on a circle would be if the circle were rotating. In inverse, by combining both the sine and cosine, you can figure out where the point is on that circle. That, in turn, can be used to measure an angle.

Here's a gif showing what I just described:

lisa

#13 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:29 pm

Hmm I must have messed up somewhere then in my converting RoM code to this.

I am using player direction

local Vec1 = memoryReadFloat(getProc(), addresses.playerdir1) or 0
	local Vec2 = memoryReadFloat(getProc(), addresses.playerdir2) or 0
	playerDirection = math.atan2(Vec2, Vec1) -- tried reversing these aswell
and then getting angle of player location to destination

local angle = math.atan2(waypoint.Z - playerZ, waypoint.X - playerX);
then comparing the angle difference and turning until within X angle difference.

angleDif = math.abs(angle2 - angle1);
while( angleDif > math.rad(30) ) do
turn
end
That is the short version, obviously more to it, deciding to turn left or right also a calculation because playerdirection is -pi to pi and angle is 0 to 2pi

So no cos or sin in the code anywhere.

Administrator
Site Admin

#14 Post by Administrator » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:48 pm

You can just add math.pi to it to convert to 0->2PI.

lisa

#15 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:49 pm

I tested using this aswell

playerDirection = (math.atan2(Vec2, Vec1)+ math.pi)
so it would be 0 to 2pi but yeah I am just lost when it comes to this stuff. The angle diff was always to high when I did that.

lisa

#16 Post by lisa » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:40 am

I was almost convinced to get the game, had some fun in the WvWvW today, then they ended it and said an event in Some place, so I went there for the last hour of the beta. Some rifle thing where your HP constantly goes down and you start with 5 ammo, I got really bored of that in less than 5 minutes.

So I am back to sittng on the fence again.
WvWvW was good but they are very long in terms of time, I did lvl 10-12 in WvWvW and had fun doing it, if you get people who work together it is fun.

Not a huge fan of the "reduced" level when you go to a lower area, I was lvl 10 and went to a place and they reduced me to 8, all the mobs were 9-11, I was like wtf why reduce me to lower than mobs lol

Seems some items in D3 sold on the weekend, had about $100 in my paypal acc so I preordered GW2 today.

Administrator
Site Admin

#17 Post by Administrator » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:07 pm

WvWvW was good but they are very long in terms of time,
The battles do last a week or more, yeah. I don't think of that as a problem. If they were shortened, players wouldn't want to waste their money on siege weapons. Once the arrow carts start going up, things change. Then people need to counter those with trebuchets. Then you need to counter those with better scouting. It forces constant changes to the gameplay, which is good.
Not a huge fan of the "reduced" level when you go to a lower area, I was lvl 10 and went to a place and they reduced me to 8, all the mobs were 9-11, I was like wtf why reduce me to lower than mobs lol
I like it. It is much better than having some douche go to a low level zone with a max-level character and kill everything with one hit just to show off. Instead, when you go back to a low-level zone to finish quests or help a friend, you still have a decent challenge. Even though your HP and damage are reduced, you still keep all equipment/stat bonuses as well as your skills, so it will still be easier.

In general, Arenanet has again made a game very different to the norm. Some people find it difficult to adjust to, but the changes are for the better. They remove garbage repetitive or annoying "gameplay" in favor of things that are actually fun.

lisa

#18 Post by lisa » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:20 pm

Administrator wrote:The battles do last a week or more,
lol I thought it was a few hours, that changes things a little but what about in the early hours of the morning when less people are on. A well organised group could wipe out those war machines previously built and turn the tide of war. Still interesting idea to keep it going for so long though, makes it more about little achievements rather than the overall win.
Administrator wrote:In general, Arenanet has again made a game very different to the norm.
Obviously I only got to experience part of the game, since I had some freebie money as I call it, I didn't have to think hard to preorder it =)

I did find an address which indicated the interaction was available, the "F" key usage but I couldn't get a reliable set of adress+offsets for it. If I can manage that then it will make the bot usage much greater

One of the gold selling sites I use just put in tabs for GW2, really not sure what prices will be like though, at the end of beta I had like 10silver but I spent as much time working on bot as I did actually playing, was lvl 12 at end of beta but it took me til lvl 5 to work out what to actually do with skills and such.

With the lvl shaping you could farm lower level areas and not be suspicious as others only see your lowered level but you would have the benefit of extra skills.

Administrator
Site Admin

#19 Post by Administrator » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:33 pm

what about in the early hours of the morning when less people are on. A well organised group could wipe out those war machines previously built and turn the tide of war.
In my experience, that wasn't an issue. Sure, maybe they could go around and destroy the trebuchets that were sieging their castles, but without anybody manning them anyways, there isn't much point in bothering to do so. You can go ahead and hit some towers or something, but with a small group, it will still take forever. And it would only take a few defenders to stop you. Once the defenses start going up (on release, I expect most objectives to be fully upgraded by the end of day 1), it would just take too long to bother unless you've got 15+ people and use siege weapons on the doors.

I did find an address which indicated the interaction was available, the "F" key usage but I couldn't get a reliable set of adress+offsets for it. If I can manage that then it will make the bot usage much greater
That could be incredibly useful. I'm sure there would be another offset that indicates what kind of action you would be doing, so you can ignore any "greet", but not "loot."
One of the gold selling sites I use just put in tabs for GW2, really not sure what prices will be like though, at the end of beta I had like 10silver but I spent as much time working on bot as I did actually playing, was lvl 12 at end of beta but it took me til lvl 5 to work out what to actually do with skills and such.
PM me a link. I'd be interested to see if these places are getting their cash from botting (as in, already have a working bot) or not.