Time-bound Duration

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
rage447

Time-bound Duration

#1 Post by rage447 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:04 am

Hi,
There were some speculation about the duration of items you get for mementi.
I often heard that the dura of items ist timebound. So many buy their stuff in groups.
Would there be a method to check this ?

Thanks

lisa

Re: Time-bound Duration

#2 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:23 am

I logged into a char last week that I haven't logged for about 6 months and it still had all it's items, including momentos and all items bought with momentos.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rage447

#3 Post by rage447 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:31 am

Dont know if you understand what i mean.
Sry for my bad english ^^
With time-bound i would say for example you buy an item at 6:56:12 and you get a duration of 99
then you buy the same item at 6:56:14 and gu get a duration of 101. This is what i want to check

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:15 am

I assume you mean an item that stacks with more then 1 item in the 1 slot.

An example would be the housemaid food.

If you get the housemaid food you get a time till expiration of 24h
If you get more of the exact same food an hour later and it goes straight onto the existing stack then it will say time till expiration 23h.

However if you move the existing items out of your normal bags into bank or arcane transmuter, you get the new items which go into an empty slot and will have time till expiration 24h, you can then move the existing items ontop of the ones with 24h and all the items will be 24h.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rage447

#5 Post by rage447 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:48 am

Oh sry there was a misunderstanding of duration^^
Attachments
Duration.PNG

lisa

#6 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:47 pm

Ahh that is called durability.

When you die you lose 10% durability, might be 20%

Also when you get hit by a mob you lose durability, small amount, so the more you play the more durability you lose. You can repair the item though which will restore durability to it's maximum.
That item has 105 maximum durability.
You can use a "golden Hammer" which would make that item 210/105 durability.
There are other repair hammers you can use aswell which repair the item back to it's maximum, so if the item was 50/105 and you repair it then it becomes 105/105.

Hopefully this covers your question.

Mundoking

#7 Post by Mundoking » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:52 pm

I believe he's talking about trying to figure out how the random number generator assigns the durability to items. As in, he buys an item with mementos and the time of purchase determines the durability the item gets.

top1

#8 Post by top1 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:31 pm

often bought some of the same phirius or energy token items split secounds after each other and NEVER has been any durability similarity.
2. reason why you shouldnt care:

1. it's most unlikely to implement a function which clearly should be random on a time based algorithm. you just use math.random() or equivalent random functions. (yeah some of the random functions are timebased but you cant calculate them...)
2. even if it would be time based on my observations it only could be a server sided millisecound timespan and you couldn ever figure out how to time it excactly...