posible problem that no ones addressing

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Vegeta

posible problem that no ones addressing

#1 Post by Vegeta » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:26 am

ok well i have been using it for some time now and i have noticed somthing while we all know theres a few bugs to be fixed and not that im impatient or anything but i cant help but wonder ive noticed that the bot is taking up a unusualy large amout of cp use at times it will run normaly and then it will jump up to 50% or so it never used to do that it might just be my computer lol and im sure alot of this is gonna straighten out by the next patch cause its gonna be easier for you guys once they put back in the macro but i was just wondering is anyone elce having this problem

more minor problems that follow is that it will still over run a waypoint and keep walking for a bit it will correct itself after a while also somtimes misses the loot i just wanted to make sure you guys knew these things were still happening and again i know its still buggy but i was just making sure

but this post is out of curiosity just to know if anyone elce is having the cpu usage problem with the bot cause if its the bots fault i can wait on that but if its my cpu im gonna need to fix that soon lol

also i only run one bot and this happens you dont wanna know what happens if i run more then that lol again thanks :D
and Great work guys Thanks ever so much :D

lisa

Re: posible problem that no ones addressing

#2 Post by lisa » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:38 am

I am more inclined to think it is a PC issue.

I would look into if the cpu usage goesd up regularly, as in timed.
If so then look for programes which may be on a timer, antivirus.

Might be a virus.

It may be that you have something happening in your network, my PC spikes usage when I look at files on it from my laptop.

Maybe check the drivers used by the pc, see if they are up to date.

Have a look at some hardware monitoring stuff, check cpu and pc temperatures.

There are so many things that can cause th spikes, I could sit here all day writing and in the end it might be 1 or a few of them.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Administrator
Site Admin

#3 Post by Administrator » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:40 am

It really shouldn't be using that much of your CPU. Post a copy of your log.txt. Also describe exactly what you're trying to do with the bot (killing monsters, harvesting ore/wood/herb, harvesting eggs, etc.). Is it total CPU usage, or specifically micromacro.exe that is using 50%? Any details would help.

Vegeta

#4 Post by Vegeta » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:54 am

ok well lets see could you tell me where exactly i might find log.txt im pretty sure your talking about the stuff that pops up when i attack or walk to a waypoint but i want to be clear also it uses 50% all on its own i took that from the task manager but it does happen in spikes normaly when ever i attack or finish a waypoint or if a big group of enemys suround me like its trying to think to much lol sorry this post wasent much help once im clean on what a log.txt is ill be more help lol im looking into virus ive also checked firewall and such that doesnt seem to be it there are no updates for my hardware as of yet im still scanning

Tue Oct 11 01:11:55 2011 : Processor Type: 2X AMD or Intel x64 @2693MHz, OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Tue Oct 11 01:11:55 2011 : User privilege level: Administrator
Tue Oct 11 01:11:55 2011 : Lua glues exported
Tue Oct 11 01:11:55 2011 : MicroMacro v1.01 beta 4
Tue Oct 11 01:11:55 2011 : LuaCoco is available
Tue Oct 11 01:11:55 2011 : Keyboard layout: US English
Tue Oct 11 01:12:00 2011 : Executing script 'bot.lua'
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tue Oct 11 01:12:00 2011 : Language: english
Tue Oct 11 01:12:05 2011 : Using static char address 0x9CC2D4, player address 0x41A84600
Tue Oct 11 01:12:06 2011 : QUICK_TURN = true
Tue Oct 11 01:12:06 2011 : Keyboard settings are from bindings.txt:
Tue Oct 11 01:12:06 2011 : MOVE_FORWARD W
Tue Oct 11 01:12:06 2011 : MOVE_BACKWARD S
Tue Oct 11 01:12:06 2011 : TARGET Tab
Tue Oct 11 01:12:06 2011 : ESCAPE Esc
Tue Oct 11 01:12:06 2011 : ROTATE_LEFT Q
Tue Oct 11 01:12:06 2011 : STRAFF_RIGHT D
Tue Oct 11 01:12:06 2011 : TARGET_FRIEND Right Ctrl+Tab
Tue Oct 11 01:12:06 2011 : STRAFF_LEFT A
Tue Oct 11 01:12:06 2011 : ROTATE_RIGHT E
Tue Oct 11 01:12:06 2011 : MACRO 0
Tue Oct 11 01:12:06 2011 : JUMP Space

lisa

#5 Post by lisa » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:03 am

it is in your Micromacro folder

micromacro/scripts/rom/bot.lua

so it is in
micromacro/log.txt
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

Vegeta

#6 Post by Vegeta » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:12 am

yes it is and is posted above :D also scans indicate that i have no updates needed and im doing full virus scan but i think its gonna turn up empty if it does then lol your the expert :D

i have also tried restarting the computer to solve this problem but no dice

Vegeta

#7 Post by Vegeta » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:43 am

ok installing a fresh micromacro did the trick but it makes me wonder if maybe the new fix for roms macros and the rombot have a few grey areas that eventualy corupted each other cause rom is still running a little funky so im gonna go right ahead and install a new copy of that lol

lisa

#8 Post by lisa » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:21 am

yeah the rom update isn't fool proof, I have rom on a few machines, I remember once i did an update on 1 of them and it had major issues, said it was up to date with patches and all was fine but it just had issues.
I deleted folder and just copied entire rom folder from another pc and it worked perfectly after that.

xplar

#9 Post by xplar » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:08 am

i have this same problem once in a while. i always run 2 bots on party mode. one is a healer one is my dps, i run partyhealer for the healer and RBAssist for the dps, and the RBAssist micromacro takes up 40-50% cpu. i fix it by changing the process priority in task manager to normal, as micromacro sets it to above normal when you're running a script. i haven't had this problem when running both of them on the miller's ranch chicken script, or when im running a normal waypoint file for attacking/harventing, so i thought it might have been an RBAssist issue.

lisa

#10 Post by lisa » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:23 am

you know I never thought about using partydps while it was player controlled but it would be very easy to do. in party.lua line 103 just comment out
getNameFollow()
so it would look like
--getNameFollow()
Then as you walk around just put a I icon on what you want killed, short cut key by default is numberpad 1.

It should self buff and attack according to your profile settings, not sure if it will use less cpu then rbassist.

Obviously in order to set the I icon you need to be in a party, which is fine in your case.

lisa

#11 Post by lisa » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:03 pm

Tested this today, just commented out the follow command as posted.

not in party you can just target a mob and it kills it, no need for the icon.
It uses skills, buffs and pots according to your profile. Only fly in the ountment is the delay when clearing target after killing mob, just pause a second before targeting next mob and its smooth as silk.

If you do it in a party just remember not to use the I icon on target as it causes a delay after mob is dead to killing next mob. Easier without the icons.

Vegeta

#12 Post by Vegeta » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:37 pm

ok lol i have no idea whats going on but the problem came back lol again ive done everything posible now i have no idea whats causing it and i guess im just posting this message to let you know somethings amiss but i pretty much just giving up lol

Administrator
Site Admin

#13 Post by Administrator » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:00 pm

Vegeta wrote:ok lol i have no idea whats going on but the problem came back lol again ive done everything posible now i have no idea whats causing it and i guess im just posting this message to let you know somethings amiss but i pretty much just giving up lol
Try inserting this line:

Code: Select all

yrest(1);
Throughout the Lua code in RBAssist.xml. See if that helps.