Suggestion for next update

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
randomuser01

Suggestion for next update

#1 Post by randomuser01 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:49 pm

Please add a timeout to looting!

I can't count how many times my bot has stopped because of

Code: Select all

We didn't move to the loot!? Root buff? Missing click to move option?
Use MACRO: Looting target in distance 31111.
It seems to happen most when I'm killing a group of mobs that all have the same name in a really close area and one of them doesn't drop a corpse.

Then the bot just stands there for hours, endless loop. Only way to fix it is completely restart the macro.

Running straight at mobs behind a wall. There is a part in my path where a mob is behind a wall corner. The bot runs straight at the wall and eventually stops trying due to no damage. If the bot would just sidestep 2 feet he would be able to hit the mob, kind of like the code that "unsticks" when the player isn't moving. Can you add that code to the combat portion. Where if a mob doesn't get hit after X seconds, it tries an unstick first before it just ignores the mob.

Also,

Is there a way to add custom code to the "rest" part of the bot?
For instance, when the bot drops to X health and triggers resting, I want it to use the hide skill (because it's a rogue).

Valleyguy

Re: Suggestion for next update

#2 Post by Valleyguy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:55 pm

randomuser01 wrote:Please add a timeout to looting!

It seems to happen most when I'm killing a group of mobs that all have the same name in a really close area and one of them doesn't drop a corpse.

Then the bot just stands there for hours, endless loop. Only way to fix it is completely restart the macro.

Running straight at mobs behind a wall. There is a part in my path where a mob is behind a wall corner. The bot runs straight at the wall and eventually stops trying due to no damage. If the bot would just sidestep 2 feet he would be able to hit the mob, kind of like the code that "unsticks" when the player isn't moving. Can you add that code to the combat portion. Where if a mob doesn't get hit after X seconds, it tries an unstick first before it just ignores the mob.

Also,

For instance, when the bot drops to X health and triggers resting, I want it to use the hide skill (because it's a rogue).
under the same conditions my bot just leaves it and moves on i farmed bat saliva for a few hours the other day it didnt loot some of them but never left me stuck in this endless loop.... might be a config option you have set loot distance really big in your profile?

VoidMain

#3 Post by VoidMain » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:06 pm

randomuser01 wrote:Please add a timeout to looting!

Also,

You should set

LOOT_DISTANCE
in your profile to a lower value, not much higher than

MAX_TARGET_DISTANCE

randomuser01

#4 Post by randomuser01 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:09 pm

VoidMain wrote:You should set

LOOT_DISTANCE

MAX_TARGET_DISTANCE
It's set to 40:

<option name="LOOT"               value="true" />
		<option name="LOOT_IN_COMBAT"     value="true" />
		<option name="LOOT_DISTANCE"      value="40" />
		<option name="LOOT_PAUSE_AFTER"   value="0" />		<!-- probability in % for a short rest -->
Max target distance is set lower than normal to 120:

<option name="MAX_TARGET_DIST"    value="120" />
Like I said, it happens very rarely, only when the bot goes plowing through a big group of mobs that all have the same name, and one of them doesn't drop loot.

You can also force it to happen 100% of the time. Pause the bot immediately after it kills something but before it loots it. Then manually loot it, then resume the bot. It will do exactly what I described above.

Valleyguy

#5 Post by Valleyguy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:19 pm

randomuser01 wrote:
VoidMain wrote:You should set

LOOT_DISTANCE

MAX_TARGET_DISTANCE
It's set to 40:

<option name="LOOT"               value="true" />
		<option name="LOOT_IN_COMBAT"     value="true" />
		<option name="LOOT_DISTANCE"      value="40" />
		<option name="LOOT_PAUSE_AFTER"   value="0" />		<!-- probability in % for a short rest -->
Max target distance is set lower than normal to 120:

<option name="MAX_TARGET_DIST"    value="120" />
Like I said, it happens very rarely, only when the bot goes plowing through a big group of mobs that all have the same name, and one of them doesn't drop loot.

You can also force it to happen 100% of the time. Pause the bot immediately after it kills something but before it loots it. Then manually loot it, then resume the bot. It will do exactly what I described above.
if your going to attack at 120 wouldn't you want to loot at 120 so you wouldn't get errors? i mean 2 spell can pop a target sometimes and if your set to 40 you will never loot a 120 target...

I also tried your trick and mine doesn't get stuck... your using the latest SVN updates ?