AutoHotkey and rombot multibox question

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
silinky

AutoHotkey and rombot multibox question

#1 Post by silinky » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:24 am

hey, ppl :)

scenario: i have a main waypoint file, that does a quite complicated autocombat on pressing the key: ex. F, and he is a dps. i have also this kind of waypoint made for my druid and priest, they autoheal also on the pressing of key F. so when i press F, autohotkey sends the F (toggles the fight/heal scripts) to the other mm windows.

so my question is, can i use the bot for the main one, to send the F to the other windows on beginning of a fight? with or without autohotkey?

OR is it better to just send whispers/party chat commands to the helper chars?

any OTHER ideas are welcome as well.

i am aware that some solutions for multiboxing exist, i just try to find ideas/tips to create a more advanced one.

EDIT: also is there a method to check if a debuff i made on a mob is actually made by me?

thanks!

lisa

Re: AutoHotkey and rombot multibox question

#2 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:14 pm

We did some testing of networking a few MM together a while back and PC resource usage went up way to much to implement it. So best options are whispers/party chat.

I have a question, are you using MM to purely do keypresses and not monitor anything like HP or mobs?
Or are the other MM still doing the following/monitoring mobs and such?
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

silinky

#3 Post by silinky » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:36 am

hello, lisa, ty for the answer!

until now for multiboxing i only used autohotkey, and the hp monitoring, and buffs, debuffs, etc was done from the macro attached to the key.
but i want to do some distance checks, and more advanced stuff, that only mm can do :)
so in fact what i woant to do:

1. totally automated party co-working, where all the members know what to do depending on situatuation (lot of programming but doable)
2. the same as above but with some extra functions, when a party member needs the others to do something (maybe through chat activation, but preferably by sending a keypress to the other mm windows)
3. total manual multiboxing for fun, where i control one character (usually the tank), and the others mostly know what to do, but to be able to send different keypresses/commands to the others when needed (for example, to all run to me in a safe place in case of an aoe)

i mainly have the method, but i am gathering ideas from others, to make it optimized, and with unnecessary coding.

EDIT: also, i am looking to make a DIYCE-like class specific auto combat function, but especially for MM, to implement distance checks, and to take into consideration other objects around, that cannot be done with simple lua macroing. i have a hunch that soon, they will take out even dyice from the game, and this game is not worth playing otherwise for me :)
all the fun is in the brainwork for me in the game, by optimizing codes for better dps, healing and stuff.
so far with diyce i do 2c dps of same geared rogues, but i want to reproduce that in a MM function :)

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:48 am

So I guess the real question is, how to make MM do what DIYC does.

So what does DIYC do?
Never used it, I assume it determines the best skill to use at that point in time?
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

silinky

#5 Post by silinky » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:38 am

you are correct, lisa :)

although the "imitating and improving DIYCE" is only part of the problem. but yes, this is the main part.
to integrate it with the rombot script, i do not want to separate it from the main bot.
for ex when i press a button or send a chat command, to execute the function every 100 milliseconds (10 times a second). this function would check for:
distance from target
buffs debuffs hp of all raid members, and act accordingly
buffs/debuffs .... on self
also on target. and taking everything in consideration, execute a command
EDIT: also if possible to check for "behind the target", and the readiness of a skill, or if i was the one putting the debuff on a mob ( i REALLY have to learn to search for addresses lol)

also in every moment of the fight to be able to interrupt fighting sequence for example to run to the tank, switch to offensive/support/healing stance

another concern is the processor load. running 3 bots vs running 6 instances of the game, the bot uses more resources.
also on the targeting for the aue effects (thunderstorm), when 2 instances of the bot are running, it freezes both windows and does nothing.

i could begin to write separate script for this, but i would like to include into the fight() function

am i going on a totally wrong direction? maybe i am complicating it more than i should, and i need a slap back to reality :)) i tend to overcomplicate things :oops:

lisa

#6 Post by lisa » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:21 am

Well there are some for and against for doing all that.
As a comparison doing it in a addon the way DIYC does is much easier to keep it fast and low on PC resources. The issue is that in order for MM to use an in game function it has to send it to the macro system and that is slow in comparison. I believe it has a 500 ms return time on macros.

On a good note for MM, over the years there has been a lot of information found and used directly from memory, this is very very fast and efficient.

I think the reason MM seems slower than DIYC to you is because MM does so much more, I couldn't even count the number of calculations MM does every second.
silinky wrote:also if possible to check for "behind the target",
yep done that already, there is a userfunction I posted for it.
silinky wrote: if i was the one putting the debuff on a mob ( i REALLY have to learn to search for addresses lol)
My guess is that there is a bit that tells you if the debuff/buff was cast by you, would be a matter of finding it, now would be a good time for you to learn to do that ;)
I rarely log in rom now days and Rock has lots on his plate, usually.
silinky wrote:distance from target
buffs debuffs hp of all raid members, and act accordingly
buffs/debuffs .... on self
rombot does those already, constantly, default is just self heal/buff but you can make it check party aswell with a profile option to enable the code for it.

If you just wanted keypresses on each game I could do that from a single MM but if you want to do usual rombot things like moving and such then you need to run 1 MM for each game.

silinky

#7 Post by silinky » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:39 am

cool, thanks for the feedback, when i get home i will begin an alpha version for this, and see where this is going. the addon being faster than MM has put me to thinking, but an addon cannot get the distance from a mob, or direction, or count the mobs around me, and such sweet things :)
i will try to create a customizable autocombat/heal/support waypoint/function, and put it up here for use.

lisa

#8 Post by lisa » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:20 am

On the good side, MM works with addons, so there is no reason you can't do part of the code in an addon and the rest in rombot.
A bit like that addon I did for the running from first boss DoD, the addon itself made the character run and I used MM to do everything else as usual but if the addon was "activated" then MM would do a yrest for a couple of seconds. So they worked together.

silinky

#9 Post by silinky » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:29 am

ok i have begun the process :)
for now i am trying to combine it with DIYCE (well an overly modified version of it, because the normal one seemed quite underpowered), but 1 question arised:

if i do not need MM to monitor the other windows, only to send keypresses to them, can i do it?
if yes, how?

ex:
i have a follow macro on keypress 2 in the child window
MM is attached to the main window
i want that after a fight (and always when not in combat) the main window MM to send keypress 2 to the child window twice every second.

can i do this? even a link to an appropriate post would help.

lisa

#10 Post by lisa » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:05 am

untested but

Code: Select all

attach(getWin(othercharname));
keyboardPress(key.VK_Z)
attach(getWin(maincharname));
obviously need to change the char names, also the Z is just an example.

silinky

#11 Post by silinky » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:40 am

wow nice to have smart ppl around :)
thank you lisa!