KS farming

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
kx9488

KS farming

#1 Post by kx9488 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:02 pm

recently my golden eggs have been selling progressively slower in the AH, and i've decided to start seeking other options to farm gold.

Kalin Shrine seems like a good bet because of the length of the instance, and low level req.

My question to the good people here on the forum is this:
What is the optimal and MINIMAL gear req for soloing this instance for best investment/profit ratio?

by that i mean how much time and $ should be invested in a KS botter to do this most efficiently.
i.e. level of char + on gear, stats used

i'm asking here because i'm sure many of you farm this instance regularly.

i estimate making a level 50 mage/priest and giving it cheap DoD stats 1 full lvl 50 set and the cheapest 50 weapon +12 t8 i can find
probably going to spend around 50mill? shoot for like 15-20k hp?

-thank you in advance

lisa

Re: KS farming

#2 Post by lisa » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:56 pm

If you skip bosses and have a heal off class then 15k HP is fine.

Personally I would aim at 55/* for character level as you can get cheap lvl 55 purples from hos or dl, since half the characters can now solo hos and dl there are lots of cheap items around. Also the lvl 55 weapons are much better then any lvl 50 items you can get.

If you assume you get lvl 55 purples and pay 2mil each item then you are looking at 25-30 mil gold for the gear, then add stats.
You could dirty stat with dod stats and be fine for KS, I personally would rather just use a few crimsons and get twice the benefit from stats.

As for return, when you start you will probably look at around 500k/H, If you get more organised and do honor parties // housemaid luck pot // loot rune or runy luck pot then you could be getting over 1mil/H

So within 3-5 days you could make back your investment and the rest is pure profit.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

kx9488

#3 Post by kx9488 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:23 am

thank you Lisa :)

that is some good advice, level 55 is probably worth it.

i'm wondering how one would skip a boss in the KS instance, is it not setup the same as other instances? to advance you must clear the boss? how would you skip them with swim hack? or do you mean reset instance after all the trash mobs are clear and don't fight through the whole instance?

another question i have is about resetting instance, i would probably still run egg farmers, so 1 egg bot per KS bot to keep party + reset instance, here is my question:

if the egg botter is in party, and happens to be a rogue would Treasure Hunter passive apply to party while it is in miller's ranch, effecting the KS botter's drop rate?
that with pet drop rate skill + wings i wouldn't have to worry about drinking lucky pots or honor party (only lasts 6 hours every day?), though i'd probably still use them

-thank you in advance

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:00 am

kx9488 wrote:i'm wondering how one would skip a boss in the KS instance,
Fly over first boss
walk past 2nd (turtle boss)
fly over 3rd boss and you will have to fly over the door after the boss
bags should be full before the next boss.
kx9488 wrote:another question i have is about resetting instance
Just need a character out of the instance so invite as needed.
kx9488 wrote:would Treasure Hunter passive apply to party while it is in miller's ranch, effecting the KS botter's drop rate?
Nope.
kx9488 wrote:honor party (only lasts 6 hours every day?)
Yeah you get 2 X 3H scrolls a day. Scrolls don't expire if not used though, so each day as you are leveling char you can get 2 scrolls and just put them in bank, so depending how long it takes you to get to 55 you could have 10-20 scrolls in bank and ready to use.
You just need to be meet minimum level 30 to buy the scrolls.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

Germangold

#5 Post by Germangold » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:34 am

my ks chars already have all bags unlocked with diamonds, on EU servers you can obtain diamonds in trade for gold with a fixed ratio of 1:25.000 (15 Diamonds per day)

be sure to buy diamond as well each day you buy those scrolls in the classhall

Budzer

#6 Post by Budzer » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:24 pm

Well as for efficiency it depends how much time a day you would like to bot with one char.

As for 55lvl char Honor PT gives almost nothing, so all day long it would be best lvl to farm (with lower lvl there is luck of weapon, so slower mob killing and probably same G/H ratio). If you would like to farm 6-10h/day probably best lvl would be 60, as much better weapon and more chance to buy ready to use and cheap eq.

As it goes for the costs... Well it depends on lvl of course. Smaller LVL means more expensive weapon, as you probably have to make or even drop one yourself. On 55 you have to be ready to spend 10-20M on that (of course you can go cheaper, but at cost of much slower farm). As for the rest of eq - if you're ready to solo hos/dl/zs, the you can drop everything by yourself (shouldn't take longer than 1-2 weeks) +few stats form dod-kt and AT charges, so I suppose I will take about one week of normal playing to stat char (depends how long you actually play, as you can even do everything within 1-2 days). More problem with Loot runes, as they seems to be essential. Second problem with housekeepers, but as you will have to wait to lvl up and gear new char it shouldn't be a problem at all....
From my personal experience to start with KS you should be prepared to spend 20-30M (60lvl) or round 50 (55) and double the money from char early profits.

Also good to keep 55lvl char on permanent debt, as it would lvl from killing KS mobs.

As for profits.... Well it depends on 3 factors. What you loot and what you drop, how fast your path is (so how good is your eq and how efficient is your WP file) and of course how much drop buffs you have. As for the beginning 600-700k/h should be minimum. With stated char, good WP and optimized lootomatic you should get round 1,5M/h.... The return from the whole investment should be after 2 weeks tops.

paulr8008

#7 Post by paulr8008 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:39 am

you can also get 1.3m per hour with dog meats no need to gear. :roll:

lisa

#8 Post by lisa » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:10 am

most servers if you bot dog meat you will be banned within a couple of weeks

twi

#9 Post by twi » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:51 am

I'd like to ask something from more experienced KS botters. How dangerous it is to farm KS? Do GM tend to watch for KS bots and ban the accounts? I'd hate to see my main acc banned after a lot of effort put into it.

I'm thinking to begin KS farming as it seems less dangerous than golden egg or dog meat farming.

Also, can you guys tell me what class combo would be best suited for KS farming? Maybe mage for AoE or priest for self heals?

Germangold

#10 Post by Germangold » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:35 pm

mage/druid with lava blade as instant cast plus all aoe spells works fine for me