banned for not replying -.-

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
ichmagbotsyay

banned for not replying -.-

#1 Post by ichmagbotsyay » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:17 am

Hey,

just wanted to give everybody a heads-up:
Anti-Botting actions are becoming quite crazy lol. I have one bot running cyclops and two bots doing Miller, a mainchar (that has never botted) and a storage-char (which also has never botted). I got banned recently and thought it had to do with my bots, but it had another reason.

Frogster support told me, that I was banned because my storage-char was standing on Millers and didn't answer their whispers. What the hell? I have seriously never botted with that char and he was just standing there doing nothing. I accidentaly ported him to Millers, because I thought he was my botting-char (they kind of look alike lol), but I didn't start a bot with him. Then a GM whispered him, but I didn't notice, because I went afk. And now I'm banned because I didn't answer, not because I botted with my other chars. They don't even know I bot with my other chars lol.

Totally ridiculous! I just wanted to warn everyone: if you bot Millers, make the bot auto-reply and logoff and NEVER LEAVE A CHAR THERE. Even if he's not botting at all, they will ban you. Also, I had my mainchar, the storage char, and a Millerbot online when the ban happened. My mainchar, and the storage char is banned, but the Millerbot that was online and the Millerbot that was offline are NOT banned, so I guess they don't ban by IP... sort of weird. :D

Mika-

Re: banned for not replying -.-

#2 Post by Mika- » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:57 pm

ichmagbotsyay wrote:Hey,

just wanted to give everybody a heads-up:
Anti-Botting actions are becoming quite crazy lol. I have one bot running cyclops and two bots doing Miller, a mainchar (that has never botted) and a storage-char (which also has never botted). I got banned recently and thought it had to do with my bots, but it had another reason.

Frogster support told me, that I was banned because my storage-char was standing on Millers and didn't answer their whispers. What the hell? I have seriously never botted with that char and he was just standing there doing nothing. I accidentaly ported him to Millers, because I thought he was my botting-char (they kind of look alike lol), but I didn't start a bot with him. Then a GM whispered him, but I didn't notice, because I went afk. And now I'm banned because I didn't answer, not because I botted with my other chars. They don't even know I bot with my other chars lol.

Totally ridiculous! I just wanted to warn everyone: if you bot Millers, make the bot auto-reply and logoff and NEVER LEAVE A CHAR THERE. Even if he's not botting at all, they will ban you. Also, I had my mainchar, the storage char, and a Millerbot online when the ban happened. My mainchar, and the storage char is banned, but the Millerbot that was online and the Millerbot that was offline are NOT banned, so I guess they don't ban by IP... sort of weird. :D
How did you create your other accounts? I'm just wondering, because I just got banned for my botting, at the guard dogs, and i got all my accounts banned, even though i was botting with just one char at the time ( did bot with the other accounts, but not when it happened, the account was created with same computer as the main one, but was usually played by my friend at another location, with another computer ). So im just wondering how come you didnt get all your accounts banned. If you have any ideas, if you have two clients, are you playing with multiple computers, please let me know..

ichmagbotsyay

Re: banned for not replying -.-

#3 Post by ichmagbotsyay » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:00 am

Mika- wrote:How did you create your other accounts? I'm just wondering, because I just got banned for my botting, at the guard dogs, and i got all my accounts banned, even though i was botting with just one char at the time ( did bot with the other accounts, but not when it happened, the account was created with same computer as the main one, but was usually played by my friend at another location, with another computer ). So im just wondering how come you didnt get all your accounts banned. If you have any ideas, if you have two clients, are you playing with multiple computers, please let me know..
I created all accounts on the same computer within an hour. I used to play on another server, but decided to switch, so I created a couple of accounts right after each other. And the email-addresses I used were xyz0@abc.com, xyz1@abc.com, xyz2@abc.com (obviously examples, but you get the idea), also created right after each other. I seriously have no idea why some accounts were not banned. The wierdest thing is, that one of my botting-accounts was not banned lol.