Problem with bot: not following waypoints

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
dancerinthedark

Problem with bot: not following waypoints

#1 Post by dancerinthedark » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:07 pm

Hello,

i have some problems with my bot: i made a waypoint for farming pasper shrine but when started bot goes to no.1 waypoint, then no2., then back to no1.,... basically he goes two waypoints forward and one back, keeps turning back. Here's my bot profile too. What could be the problem? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but it's annouing me a lot.

Thanks a lot, dd
Attachments
Bot.xml
(12.18 KiB) Downloaded 99 times

BillDoorNZ

Re: Problem with bot: not following waypoints

#2 Post by BillDoorNZ » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:20 pm

sometimes this happens if the waypoints are too close together as the bot faces the direction of the next waypoint, then moves forward for a period of time (can't remember how to change that). After this, it checks to see if it is at the waypoint - sometimes it has gone past so it turns back and moves back until it gets to the right point. Then, once its at that waypoint, it looks for the next one etc.

So you bot could be overrunning the waypoints because they are too close or because it is waiting too long till it checks.

dancerinthedark

#3 Post by dancerinthedark » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:28 pm

Well, these waypoints are close to each other... I'll change that and try again. Thanks

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:56 pm

You might also have a coding issue which is making it do this too, you attached profile but the issue is more then likely in your WP.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual