Possibility of botting-detection

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
spawni

Possibility of botting-detection

#1 Post by spawni » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:20 am

the bot can save lot of time for RL.
But If you like playing the game and if you are the frightened type you maybe use
the bot only for getting some eggs and food for the pet for own usage. Also a little bit gold-farming in KS would work great.

Now I read over your scripts for the malatina games - umpf.. fly and teleport-hack - won´t that be easy to scan from the froggies?
As far as I can see you can take the Malatinas-Games in an awesome time. Isn´t it easy to detect you?

lisa

Re: Possibility of botting-detection

#2 Post by lisa » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:30 am

Yes you can do CoT in 4 minutes when it takes a normal person 10 minutes, it varies quite a lot. Yes they can do a check through times taken to complete CoT. I personally add in a rest of 8 minutes so it takes the bot 12 minutes to complete CoT which is within reasonable time frames.

They don't do any checks for if you are using fly or speed hacks. If they are suspisious of you and decide to enter your CoT instance ID then they will see you walking over the tiles which is of course impossible. That will pretty much get you a warning or bann.

A note about fly/swim hack, it gets the name because on the users screen that is what it looks like, it looks like you are swiming through the air. That is not the case for anyone else who can see you. They will see you on the ground and when you move they get a glimpse of you in the air and then suddenly falling to the ground.
So if you are staying still in the air it looks to them like you are just standing on the ground.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

spawni

#3 Post by spawni » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:43 am

ty for the infos.
do I understand it right - a GM can get in your private instance (for example millers ranch)?)
Is this be done by checking the log-entries? Or do the look inside real-time.

Everyone seen this?

ichmagbotsyay

#4 Post by ichmagbotsyay » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:14 am

they do it realtime
they have to manually teleport themselves into your instance
but if you have gmdetect installed then you cant really get banned

i have my 2 millerbots and one sok bot running pretty much 24/7 for over half a year now, and at least once every week a GM ports into my instance (either miller or sok, but at least somewhere :P), and i just have my bot pause for 5 minutes then and continue on afterwards
and until now i havent even gotten a warning lol

spawni

#5 Post by spawni » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:00 am

ty for the answer.
So I´m looking forward seeing my first GM then - haven´t seen one ever since playing rom.

ichmagbotsyay

#6 Post by ichmagbotsyay » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:08 pm

well most of the time they come to your instance invisible
because when gmdetect logs my bot out because it detected one, it says is the MM window "GM Name: ,Logging out..."
so it basically leaves a blank where the name should go, they physical GM chars to do things like hunt bots :D
but that doesnt stop gmdetect from detecting them though :)