to all botters

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
bokagavrilov

to all botters

#1 Post by bokagavrilov » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:04 am

baning wave 10mins ago...all my accounts($) where i used the program are gone expect one that i never opend..sorry for give ya that new..take care peeps :cry:

lisa

Re: to all botters

#2 Post by lisa » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:33 am

Doesn't actually mean it is a bann wave. When you log into an account they record your IP address, if it is decided that any of your accounts are botting they will put a bann on all of the accounts logged into with that IP address.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

bokagavrilov

#3 Post by bokagavrilov » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:44 am

lisa wrote:Doesn't actually mean it is a bann wave. When you log into an account they record your IP address, if it is decided that any of your accounts are botting they will put a bann on all of the accounts logged into with that IP address.
true lisa..but why they havent bann my other account which is registered on the same ip too

blubsich

#4 Post by blubsich » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:50 am

lisa wrote:Doesn't actually mean it is a bann wave. When you log into an account they record your IP address, if it is decided that any of your accounts are botting they will put a bann on all of the accounts logged into with that IP address.
Greetings,

with the IP it´s not right i think. Here in Germany the most ISP´s have a 24h reconnect. Every 24h you get a new IP. Ok you can pay a little bit more, and you don´t have the reconnect. But the ISP´s the have this option you can counting on a hand.
I think the go about the C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Runes of Magic Folder an banning first all accounts there in this folder.
bokagavrilov wrote:
true lisa..but why they havent bann my other account which is registered on the same ip too
Where this account on a other Pc? If yes, my belief will be right.

Greetings

Blub

bokagavrilov

#5 Post by bokagavrilov » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:57 am

well i have only once pc but i never opened micromacro with it..meybe they use the profiles that are inside the rombot folder

pana

#6 Post by pana » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:02 am

blubsich wrote: I think the go about the C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Runes of Magic Folder an banning first all accounts there in this folder.
what? you think they can access your computer? please, dont say you believe that..

i think its like lisa said, ban in all accounts related to a IP address, but probably that account (the one that didnt get banned) had a "last logged in IP" different from the other accounts..

bokagavrilov

#7 Post by bokagavrilov » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:03 am

pana wrote:
blubsich wrote: I think the go about the C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Runes of Magic Folder an banning first all accounts there in this folder.
what? you think they can access your computer? please, dont say you believe that..

i think its like lisa said, ban in all accounts related to a IP address, but probably that account (the one that didnt get banned) had a "last logged in IP" different from the other accounts..
that may be true :(

pana

#8 Post by pana » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:04 am

please guys, stop thinking this way, they cannot see what is inside your computer

pana

#9 Post by pana » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:07 am

oh and probably someone snitched him out, or a GM was passing nearby, because they cant "see" who is botting, unless they stay near and watch you

bokagavrilov

#10 Post by bokagavrilov » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:08 am

well tnx anyway rock and lisa for ur great job..hope it wont be permanent...coz i was already banned b4 for the same reason ..when gm function wasnt still usable

ako ito

#11 Post by ako ito » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:20 am

i think when they catch the boter.. even the only one character of us they confirm as a boter they check the ip and all character using that ip so they can catch all character in that ip.. by the way when i'm in rom_phillipines the name of other GM are not start with GM.... so i think it cannot detect by gmmonitor user function.. because they use the GMcharacter like ordinary player like hp name... only the skill of GM they use like GMhide and GMteleport that they can teleport where ever you are..

ako ito

#12 Post by ako ito » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:23 am

bokagavrilov wrote:baning wave 10mins ago...all my accounts($) where i used the program are gone expect one that i never opend..sorry for give ya that new..take care peeps :cry:

how about main character?? affected??? or all the boter in that ip they banned only???

bokagavrilov

#13 Post by bokagavrilov » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:35 am

ako ito wrote:
bokagavrilov wrote:baning wave 10mins ago...all my accounts($) where i used the program are gone expect one that i never opend..sorry for give ya that new..take care peeps :cry:

how about main character?? affected??? or all the boter in that ip they banned only???
well read b4 ;) i havent got banned one account that i never used the bot ..and my main its banned too ( i used it for KS ) so...

lisa

#14 Post by lisa » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:42 am

LOL this is funny, this topic exploded into an onslaught of posts.

To elaberate some more on my post.

What I said is correct and yes IP can and does change depending on how your ISP is set up but it doesn't change while you are botting away.

You log acc 1 and you IP is 111.1.111.11 obviously totally inaccurate
when you log acc 2 your IP is still 111.1.111.11

So when they decide to bann you they do a search for your IP in their log files, let's just for argument sake say 22 accounts have logged in with that IP in the last 2 weeks but they look at when your account logged in and check the other accounts logged in at same or close to same time.
If they can be bothered they can also look for any mail transfered between those accounts, check if chars are on friends list. Many many ways to establish those accounts infact belong to the same person.

No they don't look at your files on your computer, even if they could they seriously don't need to.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#15 Post by lisa » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:45 am

ako ito wrote:i think when they catch the boter.. even the only one character of us they confirm as a boter they check the ip and all character using that ip so they can catch all character in that ip.. by the way when i'm in rom_phillipines the name of other GM are not start with GM.... so i think it cannot detect by gmmonitor user function.. because they use the GMcharacter like ordinary player like hp name... only the skill of GM they use like GMhide and GMteleport that they can teleport where ever you are..
My userfunction doesn't look for the name GM***** it is much smarter then that ;)

gloover

#16 Post by gloover » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:15 am

So guys, especially those, who's botting from Germany:

Yes, froggy logs your IP, so if they detect one bot, they check the IP and bann all accounts, logged in throgh this IP (that happend to me last week again, had phirius bots running, then forced a reconnenct, starts gold-egg bots (they were running over night) and during this logged with my sell-bot-account. All of them were banned, except of phirius-bot-accounts)!
and NO they can not and do not log your files (not yet). Some guys claims, froogy logged MAC also - I think its only your IP, nothing else (till the gameguard will coming).

So to prevent to be banned, use a reconnect before logged in whit your main char and NEVER runs bots and your main at the same time!

Nevex

#17 Post by Nevex » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:34 pm

I use the GM thing from Lisa. Not sure It's ever been tested...though I have found both clients logged out before. I am curious if you all are on the EU servers? I play on the US servers and I am pretty sure the FA team over here doesn't monitor that stuff.

bokagavrilov

#18 Post by bokagavrilov » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:36 pm

im on macantacht and i never seen some gms logging in or something..but they seems they are loggin in..:S idk

Nevex

#19 Post by Nevex » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:40 pm

From what I hear FAI that runs EU servers is much more vigilant and on top of things. The US GM's and staff are a bunch of morons.

Merlin

#20 Post by Merlin » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:55 pm

Have you used it for Gold eggs too?
Becouse my friends account's have been baned mine not but I used it only for KS.

EDIT:
And he has 2 PC's he played his acc's from both, but mainli from the one he has his accounts on. Both PCs have the same IP's. They baned only the accounts with the money and items trail. The other accounts have not been banned.

BR
Last edited by Merlin on Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.