Improvement for party healer

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
romaniac

Re: Improvement for party healer

#21 Post by romaniac » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:22 am

lisa wrote: --=== changes to DPS ===--
DPS will now kill anything using normal profile settings, to go back to only kill mobs with icon I then just put an icon on the bot 4,5,6,7 or 8
Does that mean that it will attack and draw additional mobs that are inactive? That would be not so good. You would loose control over how many mobs you want to fight and you might get overwhelmed. There should be an option that the DPS attacks only mobs which are already attacking or which have been targeted by the lead char.

I have another suggestion: It would be helpful to park the support characters in a place. They should not follow you, but remain active otherwise, buffing, healing and defending. That is useful when you have to do a harmless talking quest or a need to reach an area with many obstacles where the followers tend to get stuck. Currently I need to pause the bot and move the char a little to make it stop following. It would be great to do this with a chat command "follow"/"nofollow".

The support chars should be active, so if you are in trouble and run back to them they will heal and defend you.

You could also park a low level or badly equipped healer char in a safe area this way and only occasionally visit it when your life gets too low to continue whatever you're doing.

lisa

#22 Post by lisa » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:55 pm

romaniac wrote:Does that mean that it will attack and draw additional mobs that are inactive? That would be not so good. You would loose control over how many mobs you want to fight and you might get overwhelmed. There should be an option that the DPS attacks only mobs which are already attacking or which have been targeted by the lead char.
Basically it would be the same as setting the bot to wander with distance 0. It will just attack mobs according to it's profile settings.
To make it only attacks mobs with the I icon (as it used to) then put an icon on the bot from 4 to 8.
Don't use VI (6), I just noticed I still have that set to log out.
Regardless of icon or not it will always defend itself and other party members, as always.
romaniac wrote:I have another suggestion: It would be helpful to park the support characters in a place. They should not follow you, but remain active otherwise, buffing, healing and defending. That is useful when you have to do a harmless talking quest or a need to reach an area with many obstacles where the followers tend to get stuck. Currently I need to pause the bot and move the char a little to make it stop following. It would be great to do this with a chat command "follow"/"nofollow".
I actually used to have this but at the time I used an icon to make it do this, I don't see why I can't make it look for a party chat command to stay in 1 place.

I assume if the char is parked it shouldn't actively try to attack mobs but still defend itself, that will definately require a bit more coding.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

lisa

#23 Post by lisa » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:51 pm

romaniac wrote:It would be great to do this with a chat command "follow"/"nofollow".
party.lua
(8.32 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
you type

Code: Select all

com"follow"
or
com"nofollow"
bot character responds accordingly, it will still do exactly what it would be doing if it was following you. So it will still attack stuff according to the attacking proticol.

I am actually starting to move towards not having partyhealer and partydps but to just have the 1, they are basically the same but healer doesn't actively look for mobs. Can just do 1 function and have an arg for healer or not.

Basically I am looking at the file and thinking it is a big unorganised mess, a working mess but still kind of ugly.

Anyway have a test of this version for me, also last version prob would have errored talking about compare number with nil, fixed in this version.

--=== Added ===--

Ok merged them into 1 function and still have old functions for backward compatible, basically they now just call the new function.
back down to 297 lines =)

I've been thinking about the "assist" for killing mobs, not sure it is the best way to go.
I could set it up to basically target anything you target and start attacking it but if you just click on a mob for any reason then it will start attacking it.
Of course there would be a check if the target is a monster or not before trying to attack it. So might be ok I guess.

Ok well I don't think this is perfect but currently partyDPS does this
if the bot has an icon 4-7 it will only attack the party leaders target if no icon or icon 1-3 it will attack anything, it will use normal profile settings to determine when and how to attack(distance/lvl/..)

partyhealer will only attack if it has an icon 4-7 on it, it will only attack partyleaders target, it will heal up party after that mob is dead and before attacking the next mob.

So if you have a full party and have 1 healer, put icons 4,5,6,7 on the other 4 chars which should be DPS. The entire party will follow you around, the healer will heal entire party, the 4 other dps will attack anything you target, if mob.

Next I will probably look at doing choice options for NPC interaction.

--== more added ===--

you type

choice"heff"
bot will use your target and then look for the choice with "heff" in it and do that choice.

Tested and all worked fine for me.
I am going to leave it at that unless people have suguestions.
I would like some feed back and if no issues need fixing I will probably commit it next week at some stage.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

romaniac

#24 Post by romaniac » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:54 pm

You have been very busy. Great work!

You said in an earlier post you had an icon to park a char. Actually parking a char with an icon is even better than the chat command if there is only one. Chat command is better if you have a whole party. Could you please put in both ways?
lisa wrote: Ok well I don't think this is perfect but currently partyDPS does this
if the bot has an icon 4-7 it will only attack the party leaders target if no icon or icon 1-3 it will attack anything, it will use normal profile settings to determine when and how to attack(distance/lvl/..)
Please keep that a profile option. If I set up my profile options once, the chars will behave the way I need them to every time.
If everything is just controlled by icons, I need to set them up manually every time and if I forget that there might be consequences.

It's great to override a profile settings with icons, but please put the default behaviour in options.
lisa wrote: partyhealer will only attack if it has an icon 4-7 on it, it will only attack partyleaders target, it will heal up party after that mob is dead and before attacking the next mob.
Will the healer still attack when the I icon is on a mob? I really liked that.

Does that mean the healer will not heal during a fight until the current mob is dead?
lisa wrote: I would like some feed back and if no issues need fixing I will probably commit it next week at some stage.
I have been using your last version without problem and I'll check the new one out next time I go questing.

lisa

#25 Post by lisa » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:04 pm

When I used to play I would just have in game macros for telling the followers what to do and just pop them on the side skill bar.

Something like this

SetRaidTarget("party1", 4)
SetRaidTarget("party2", 5)
SetRaidTarget("party3", 6)
SetRaidTarget("party4", 7)

SetRaidTarget("target", 1)

SendChatMessage('com"nofollow"', 'PARTY')

SendChatMessage('com"follow"', 'PARTY')

I'll probably need to rethink the functionality of what we are trying to do.

I definately want to change the commands themselves, to many different things
com"",npc"",quest"",choice""

Can you give me a run down of how you want the bots to work/react and how you want them controlled? I had it as icons for attacking and you wanted dps to just kill stuff then you wanted it to "assist" party leader and then you wanted it with icons.
I am getting confused lol
romaniac wrote:Does that mean the healer will not heal during a fight until the current mob is dead?
Once any character enters player:fight() they don't leave it until the mob is dead or if they don't do any damage to the mob for #time. To do anything else would require a rewrite of fight() or to write your own fight(), the player:fight() is like 400 lines, I'm not in a huge hurry to rewrite it for healers lol

romaniac

#26 Post by romaniac » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:37 pm

I tried the latest version, just for a simple partyhelaer, did not need quest via chats yet. But I must say that I do not like everyting controlled by icons at all. I switched back to the previous version.

Please make the behaviour configurable with options and add the icon I attack command again.

lisa

#27 Post by lisa » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:25 pm

1.Did the healer behave as intended?

1a. No icon on healer it should have just followed you around while healing, not attacking anything, normal heal behaviour.

1b. An icon on healer 4-7 it would attack the party leaders target, as soon as that mob is dead it would heal/buff, if you don't target anything then it would follow you just healing/buffing.

2. Did the mounting code work?
3. Did the follow/nofollow commands work?

--=== Added ===--
I did some testing myself.

Everything works as intended, something I didn't like though is the dismount code is only checked when out of combat, not ideal, changed it now in the version I am testing.

lisa

#28 Post by lisa » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:55 pm

Ok made some improvements to partyhealer.

1. if it has an icon 4-7 it will attack party leaders mob
2. if it doesn't have icon 4-7 and if it has the profile option HEALER_FIGHT then it will attack any mobs with I icon on it.

3. I decided I didn't like healer not healing if fighting so I added my own version of player:fight() to the party.lua called healfight() (manged to keep it to 120 lines), it assumes you are ranged as all healers should be and it does a party check before using an attack skill.
So it's priority is to heal but will also attack if no one needs healing. I tested it on normal mobs and worked fine, I haven't tested on a boss fight.

If I keep the functionality this way with the fighting I might change the profile name from HEALER_FIGHT to something else so that the same code can be used for DPS aswell, no one has commented about partyDPS just killing as normal bot would though.

Anyway here is the improved partyhealer, give it a test run.
party.lua
(13.04 KiB) Downloaded 140 times

romaniac

#29 Post by romaniac » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:05 am

That sounds like a big improvement, I'll make sure to test it when I go questing the next time.

I did not commend on dps because I did not have a DD with me yet. I would like the DD to attack the party leaders mob or the icon I mob or attacking mobs but not pick its own targets.

But I guess I can simply run the DD with the healer settings - it just has no heal. Right?

lisa

#30 Post by lisa » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:23 am

romaniac wrote:But I guess I can simply run the DD with the healer settings - it just has no heal. Right?
Healers use their own fight code now and it wouldn't work well for melee, so you are better off using partydps for a damage dealer.

I will think about how and what options to have the dps to fight now, I am farely happy with healer but it needs pressure testing on a boss fight.

I made there an option to have the DPS just kill things on it's own without leader telling it what to kill is because if the dps is the stronger char (usually) you could go to the area you need for a kill mob quest and just tell it to kill things while you go get a coffee and come back and quest is probably done.
Also if you are like me you get to a nice spot and just want to leach some xp without having to start a different WP, so you could just park your leader and the DPS will farm mobs for you, again while you get food or drinks or what ever takes your fancy at the time.
More so for a full party that is same level questing, you can set 1 dps to kill stuff and the other chars would defend it and if healer then heal aswell. Again all while you go do something else without having to change WP's.

romaniac

#31 Post by romaniac » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:00 am

Yes, it's cool that you can do all of this when that is what you need. Sounds useful for farming or extensive kill quests.

But I need a minimal, clean use of the DD, kill only one or a few strong mobs when needed and remain inactive otherwise, so I can move on quickly, mount and continue with the questing.

If the DD starts attacking everything in range, I need to wait until it has finished which takes time. If it is not very strong, it might draw too many mobs. And blindly attacking useless mobs might give away that you're botting.

lisa

#32 Post by lisa » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:07 am

romaniac wrote:it is not very strong, it might draw too many mobs.
It will only attack using normal bot usage, so should do single target kills, unless using the aoe thingy of course.
I will look at adding similar code for the dps side as I did for the healer side so it can do either with just an icon change.
So default behaviour will be to "assist" leader, profile option to kill with icon instead of assist I guess, maybe with an icon override. Still really not sure how to handle the dps side yet.

romaniac

#33 Post by romaniac » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:30 am

lisa wrote: It will only attack using normal bot usage, so should do single target kills, unless using the aoe thingy of course.
If a melee char attacks one mob out of a group, it often will draw the whole group.
lisa wrote: I will look at adding similar code for the dps side as I did for the healer side so it can do either with just an icon change.
So default behaviour will be to "assist" leader, profile option to kill with icon instead of assist I guess, maybe with an icon override. Still really not sure how to handle the dps side yet.
The behaviour sounds good.

lisa

#34 Post by lisa » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:50 pm

ok this is what I came up with.

If character has icons 4-7 it will "assist" party leader and kill leaders target.
else
if new profile option is true
<option name="ICON_FIGHT" value="true" />
then it will kill what ever mob has the I icon
else
if partyDPS it will look for a fight just like if it was on wander WP.

It will now also defend party members if in combat.

HEAL_FIGHT is still an option (partyhealer) if not true then it won't use any attack skills and will purely heal.

Added new party chat command

com"farm"
sets ICON_FIGHT to false, so DPS will go into farm mode

com"icon"
sets ICON_FIGHT to true, so dps will attack icon I targets.

party.lua
(13.71 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
Hopefully that covers all the bases, I'll just tidy it up a little and work on making the commands easier, so less to remember.

lisa

#35 Post by lisa » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:37 am

Just did some more serious testing.

dod with 4 in party, 1 heal 3 dps.

Unfortunately for my "healer" it is geared for PVP and was the only one without a reconciliation rune, so spamming 60k Ice Blades on the boss got agro pretty fast.

So yeah with HEAL_FIGHT my healer was basically the tank, it healed itself while attacking the boss which you would expect anyway, no deaths.

So turned off healer fight and went again and it healed party as it should without any hassle while a dps tanked.

So all in all it was fine, only issue with instances like this is you need to get it through the portals, I may or may not add in a command to moveto portal. Trouble with that is not all party members would need to move to it so maybe an icon on head to tell it to go to portal, then just do the icons 1 at a time for the party.

Tamyra

#36 Post by Tamyra » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:38 am

I know putting an "I" on a mob will tell the follower to attack, and a "II" on the follower will tell the follower to mount, but is there a way to put a num-pad icon on an NPC to tell it to turn-in a quest and if necessary choose a reward?

lisa

#37 Post by lisa » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:55 pm

Tamyra wrote:I know putting an "I" on a mob will tell the follower to attack, and a "II" on the follower will tell the follower to mount, but is there a way to put a num-pad icon on an NPC to tell it to turn-in a quest and if necessary choose a reward?
In the files I have been uploading to this topic.
I did away with the II icon to mount, it now mounts and dismounts when party leader does.
to do quest accept or complete, target npc and then post in party chat

npc"accept"
It uses the Completequestbyname() and I think it will just choose first reward by default.

lisa

#38 Post by lisa » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:11 am

commited to 733

http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =21&t=4054

I'll update that post with everything when I get a chance.

Spent way to much time on adding things to party.lua and needed to commit it before I got out of control and it became bigger than the bot itself lol

romaniac

#39 Post by romaniac » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:31 am

Tested the script a little with a healer. Mounting and Following control via chat worked great, healing as well.

But it seemed that the healer does not attack icon I mobs, in spite of HEALER_FIGHT=true.

romaniac

#40 Post by romaniac » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:49 am

Checked out the committed version and tested the script more thouroughly. Healer in all modes, (no)following and DD works nicely.

Only glitch I found: Using the DD with icon IV sometimes it could not make up its mind. It would run towards the nearest mob like attacking in normal mode, return before actually attacking, run towards the mob again, return, attack etc. About 6 cycles before it settled for following as it should.