GM Stopper

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Uniden65

GM Stopper

#1 Post by Uniden65 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:09 pm

MOst GM when they think your boting teleport u somewhere and then watch your char run walls and change directions ? is there any way you can have the bot check location before it moves ...? and if its not in the Map u started it in, our some what close to the last give spot assigned to then Give options (logoff , stopbot ect?). Something too think about

Niki

Re: GM Stopper

#2 Post by Niki » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:59 am

is there any event triggered when you are ported by a GM ?

Administrator
Site Admin

#3 Post by Administrator » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:40 am

The problem with this is that the GM is obviously looking for a bot-like behavior from you after being teleported. So, what do you do? Log out? You would definitely get banned then.

phanisher

#4 Post by phanisher » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:55 am

what if there is a command, let say if you were ported to varanas, bot checks location. Bots then run a different way point(s) to go back to initial position of where the bot was suppose to go.

Or, just stop the bot (pause) immediately if it goes to a different location. (You be just standing there looking dumb ahha)

Administrator
Site Admin

#5 Post by Administrator » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:27 am

Stopping would also be too obvious. The return route could be useful, but probably not. A GM would probably try talking to you at this point, which would result in no reply.

baby1234

#6 Post by baby1234 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:30 am

What about a "What's going on here? I got teleported..."
"Sorry I gtg, could we talk when I'm back, I let the computer on and explain me please, I'll reply after. My mum will kill me if I don't go now"

:)

Niki

#7 Post by Niki » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:46 pm

I think there are different ways which look better than to run against a wall ;)
But how can we recognize it without a event which is triggered ?

Uniden65

#8 Post by Uniden65 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:35 pm

a GM reply forwarded to me from a player , who was banned
Hello,
You were not running up a hill. You were killing and collecting loot.
I spoke to you multiple times, when you did not answer, I moved you to another location and you immediately ran to the wall and bounced off the wall and changed directions, stopped and returned to trying to find a new direction to run, all automated.
Regardless of why the character was running on his own, the actions were automated and that is a violation of the ToS.
(edited here). Please do not use programs either first or third party, macros or scripts to allow play while AFK in the future.
so looks to me if you logged off when he sent u ? Ooo shit i lost connection after i was sent...... No proof !

Niki

#9 Post by Niki » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:03 pm

Your friend has been permanently banned or for a certain time?