keyboardPress releases other keys ?

Discuss, ask for help, share ideas, give suggestions, read tutorials, and tell us about bugs you have found with MicroMacro in here.

Do not post RoM-Bot stuff here. There is a subforum for that.
Forum rules
This is a sub-forum for things specific to MicroMacro.

This is not the place to ask questions about the RoM bot, which uses MicroMacro. There is a difference.
mike34

keyboardPress releases other keys ?

#1 Post by mike34 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:31 pm

hi

i have a problem in runes of magic. i coded some custom scripts that press various keys to control skills etc. however i have the problem when i use W A S D keys for moving my character while doing that my script cast a skill with keyboardPress(key.VK_4) for example, my char stops moving... i did some debugging now and found out that the W key isnt pressed (keyPressed returns false) after micromacro pressed the "4"-button. this however just happens sometimes. its still annoying. i hammered the 4 key manually while moving my char but this didnt make him stop.

does anyone know a cause for this or even a solution ?

thx in advance

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: keyboardPress releases other keys ?

#2 Post by Administrator » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:34 pm

It is a known problem. It is because of how RoM handles input. Are you using MicroMacro 1.0 beta 6 or 7?

mike34

#3 Post by mike34 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:41 am

i am using beta 7. if there is a workaround i will be pleased if you can tell me. already tried to remember the current state of movement before sending a key and restoring it after that but this didnt fix it properly. it fixed the stop thing but raised other problems

mike34

#4 Post by mike34 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:15 am

so ? is there anything that can be done about this issue ? when i press the movement keys and hammer other "hotkeys" manually i dont get this interruptions. whats so different if keypress is initiated programmatically ?

Administrator
Site Admin

#5 Post by Administrator » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:29 am

Who knows. The input code for ROM is very poorly done. It's like how half the time mouse clicks don't go through at all. Without seeing their full source, I can only guess at the cause of it.

Can you provide an example of the code that you are using that gives this problem?