Micromacro.exe cant not find windows error help

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
barisimo

Micromacro.exe cant not find windows error help

#1 Post by barisimo » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:58 am

Adsız.png
rom bot master is error message there is such a problem can you help me
thanks everyone
Adsız.png
i think i got it working. what should i do next
Attachments
Adsız.png

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Micromacro.exe cant not find windows error help

#2 Post by Administrator » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:50 am

That game version does not look right to me. Are you playing on a private server?

Have you tried running rom-bot/addrupdate to see if it is able to patch the addresses?

barisimo

#3 Post by barisimo » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:23 am

Yes we are playing on a private server. furthermore, me and my friends tried to get the bot to work, we were able to run the program "creathepath.lua" to make a waypoint file for harvesting, however we recieved en error called /micromacro/scripts/rom/classes/player.lua:146: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'playerAddress' (a nil value).

it seems that the program is unable to extract the exact poisiton of my player in game and coordinate itself accordingly

how is it possible to bypass this issue

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:49 pm

Got it. It seems the client is a very old version so I'm not entirely sure what to recommend here. You could start grabbing old versions of the scripts, run the addrupdate script, and hope for the best. But, doing so is going to be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Ahead

#5 Post by Ahead » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:51 am

Henlo!

Didn't want to create a new topic as it's happening the same to me. Here's a couple of screenshots.

Indeed, this is a private server and they have their own client.exe renamed.

Just wondering if would be possible to fix that not implying thousand of hours (just found lisa's post about finding memory addresses but not sure if can be fixed that way).

Thanks a lot <3

Administrator
Site Admin

#6 Post by Administrator » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:37 am

What is the game's client version?

Using that, you'll have to try and figure out exactly which RoM-bot revision is the right one to use. More recently I've been making sure to create releases for each game version, so if you're lucky you can scoop up the right release pretty easily: https://github.com/SolarStrike-Software ... t/releases

If your game version is older, then it can be a lot more tricky, but still doable.

Ahead

#7 Post by Ahead » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:38 am

It's weird because their client "version" is 14.16.0. I am wondering if they just modified the client and the version so hard.

I am getting a different thing into the console when running it with rom-master folder versions 7.4.0.2933 to 7.4.0.2967 (micromacro 1.05).

After inserting the rom/bot.lua command, all that is shown and the character starts to levitate ingame for some reason POG.

Administrator
Site Admin

#8 Post by Administrator » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:48 pm

I see. It sounds like it is going to end up being a huge pain in the butt to get it working for you.

You can step through the commits here: https://github.com/SolarStrike-Software ... its/master
Use the "Browse the repository at this point in history" button (right side with the
< >
symbols on it), then Code->Download as Zip. There's over 1,000 commits so I don't recommend testing each one, but maybe skip 10 or 20 at a time.

When you use each version, try running the update script first:
rom-bot/addrupdate
if available, otherwise eventually it switches to the older version:
rom-bot/update
When you find something that completes successfully, you should be good to go. If you start getting more successes, that should indicate you're getting closer.

Ahead

#9 Post by Ahead » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:56 am

Thank you so much. Gonna give it a try.

Just asking, i do not fully understand why an OLDER version of the repository would be better than the newest. It's all about changes on the addresses or...?

Thanks again <3

edit: i have tried like 10 versions from 2020 so on and still getting the same error:

Also tried some from 2016 and 2013 and getting this:

About the addresses, it seems they can't be found regardless the version im using.

Administrator
Site Admin

#10 Post by Administrator » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:34 am

Ahead wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:56 am Just asking, i do not fully understand why an OLDER version of the repository would be better than the newest. It's all about changes on the addresses or...?
Yeah, that's the simple version of it. Over the years, the game changed a lot. Some of those changes functionally changed the code that the RoM bot uses for pattern matching to find out where different information is, some changes offset memory structures to new locations, and some changes modified the shape of those structures themselves. As a result, the bot had to change with the game client. Generally when a group runes a private server, they will be taking an existing client assembly and may modify it slightly to their needs (for example, to change the hostname to connect to). Your goal is to try and find an existing version of the scripts that is (at least mostly) compatible with whichever version they are using.

You could maybe narrow it down by comparing in-game changes to changelogs. For example, if a certain NPC was only added after a certain date, or a skill was removed -- that kind of thing.

aizen99x

#11 Post by aizen99x » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:53 am

How did you manage to run the script its not running for me i dont see the big writing in screen help :(