ALL account suspended 3 days, another botter reported me!

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
ginokid

ALL account suspended 3 days, another botter reported me!

#1 Post by ginokid » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:45 am

frogster bans or suspends a account they IP address ban everything you've played from your home, it doesn't matter if all your account info are different!!!
Last edited by ginokid on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ToreDeLoro

Re: ALL account suspended 3 days, another botter reported me!

#2 Post by ToreDeLoro » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:34 am

.... if they ban all your acounts, dont mind we use the main acount to bot

i find some people who bots in my server and i never reported them, it's stupid, it gives more information to frogster about how the bot works...

when i find a bot where i want to bot i change chanel...

P.D. agree with ginokid... only a stupid botter report another botter

droppen

#3 Post by droppen » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:54 am

ginokid wrote:**Another botter reported me
I don't think its that hard to see that someone is botting when using micromacro, even for someone that hasn't used them before.
ginokid wrote:I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!
I'd say deal with it. The last thing the world need is revenge.

HanKo25

#4 Post by HanKo25 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:12 am

I would say just follow the well known laws of botting.

Never bot more then 2h/day, never bot with same alt in 2-3 weeks, don't sell daily items in AH, don't bot in high lvl areas where the respawn rate of mobs is to low and the mobs are for daily quests.

Lembke

#5 Post by Lembke » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:25 am

just change your ip adress? and you will be able to play/bot again but you should take it easy a few days

Edit:
guide how you change ip
http://www.wikihow.com/Change-your-IP-A ... Windows%29

FelixTheCatetris

#6 Post by FelixTheCatetris » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:21 pm

I imagine they ban one of the addresses from the router/modem, thereby blocking anything coming from your network. I know there are programs which either mask or create a false IP address for each computer, but is there a way to do this for your entire network. That's the real question, and it could save us all a lot of trouble.

P.S. - A three day ban only? Did they offer what they would do if they caught you again? Three days isn't that bad, I guess they're reluctant to destroy any of their player base. They want you to spend that RL $ on those diamonds ;)

3cmSailorfuku

#7 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:40 am

FelixTheCatetris wrote: P.S. - A three day ban only? Did they offer what they would do if they caught you again? Three days isn't that bad, I guess they're reluctant to destroy any of their player base. They want you to spend that RL $ on those diamonds ;)
You usually have 2-3 shots till a permanent ban if you are caught botting.
ginokid wrote: **Another botter reported me, to the average player there's no way to tell if someone is botting, but for someone who bots knows what our bot does and looks like while botting. Same problem in world of warcraft, the average player can't tell it's a bot but another botters knows.
Yeah, no. Quite alot of people still believe that if a person isn't responding and keeps playing would be a botter, that's the main tought everyone basically has. And eventhough I just don't want to talk to every shitcunt running to my face and yelling while I try to play the game, I have to agree with that. It's not pretty hard discovering bots, most people might be lucky responding properly to another player's actions and avoid a report. Some are not.

Although I have to say that people on my server doesn't seem to report people at all, you can bot there for days on the same spot with the same waypoint and all is happening are people asking you how long you are planning to stay awake.

If you are playing on a PvP Server, you might consider having good friends, because apparently it works in real life too.
ginokid wrote: **Botter's grieving other botter's, this shouldn't happen! after all your doing it too! If someone is in a area you want to bot in go to a different spot not report them like a jackass!
To be quite honest, I would report everyone else too that gets in my way during botting (Luckily I bot at retarded locations where no one would go anyway).
Of course it would be a respectful way to just pick a different one, but noone is doing that. Eventhough two people might be Botusers it's still a competive game.
This is especially a nuisiance if you harvest and you notice that the goddamn guy reduced your efficiency by 80%. That only happened twice for me, and I was able to resolve that just by responding to the guy and tell him to look for a different spot.
ginokid wrote: I know the name of the player who reported me, & I seen this guy bot but left him alone as I do to everyone I see botting. **This player had whispered me and said a few times, answer me! hello! I'm going to message you 4 times if you don't respond I'm reporting you for botting! I have to say this guy is a a$$h*le! Just because he is a rogue he thinks he will never be caught because he uses hide while botting. I was probably in a area he wanted to bot in.
Forge some screenshots, blackmail him. Works well enough.

Just my opinion.

starcraftfan87

#8 Post by starcraftfan87 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:37 am

FelixTheCatetris wrote:I imagine they ban one of the addresses from the router/modem, thereby blocking anything coming from your network. I know there are programs which either mask or create a false IP address for each computer, but is there a way to do this for your entire network. That's the real question, and it could save us all a lot of trouble.
False IP for each computer? 2 computers would have different private IP addresses, however Frogster will not see these IP addresses, they will see the IP address of your router which is the same on any computer connected to the same router. That is my understanding. Anyone know if there is anyway to make it so multiple computers on the same router have different IP's in frogsters eyes?

droppen

#9 Post by droppen » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:50 am

starcraftfan87 wrote: False IP for each computer? 2 computers would have different private IP addresses, however Frogster will not see these IP addresses, they will see the IP address of your router which is the same on any computer connected to the same router. That is my understanding. Anyone know if there is anyway to make it so multiple computers on the same router have different IP's in frogsters eyes?
same router? router is the ip. its not the computer's ip that frogrster is banning its the router's ip. if you want to have your own ip, you need to have 2 modem's, you can use the 50k modem that all laptop's have.

Administrator
Site Admin

#10 Post by Administrator » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:51 pm

starcraftfan87 wrote: False IP for each computer? 2 computers would have different private IP addresses, however Frogster will not see these IP addresses, they will see the IP address of your router which is the same on any computer connected to the same router. That is my understanding. Anyone know if there is anyway to make it so multiple computers on the same router have different IP's in frogsters eyes?
That depends. First, is your IP static or dynamic? If your ISP didn't issue you an IP, it's dynamic. Typically, all you need to do is disconnect your modem (yes, the modem. The router may stay connected to the modem) from the internet for, say, an hour. After reconnecting, your router should attempt to obtain a new IP. Check to make sure it has changed by visiting http://www.whatsmyip.net.

If you have a static IP, you must call your ISP and ask them to change it.

ghostslayer

#11 Post by ghostslayer » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:38 pm

DynIP are really good. I change my IP in 2-3minutes disconnecting/reconnecting my modem at gateway IP, but I'm sure if they ban your IP they are wrong, as we can play in LAN or smtg. Maybe the Lan owner is the botter so you as a costumer is banned? it's illogical

FelixTheCatetris

#12 Post by FelixTheCatetris » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:58 pm

That is what I a was assuming, that the ban and the IP that Frogster reads is that of the router. So is there a method of changing that IP or masking that IP (such as what you would do when surfing the web with anonymous surfing or the use a of a proxy)?

Administrator
Site Admin

#13 Post by Administrator » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:47 pm

FelixTheCatetris wrote:That is what I a was assuming, that the ban and the IP that Frogster reads is that of the router. So is there a method of changing that IP or masking that IP (such as what you would do when surfing the web with anonymous surfing or the use a of a proxy)?
I've already described that. Read my last post.

darkriderkk

#14 Post by darkriderkk » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:56 pm

You are 100% wrong i can tell what a botter looks like in wow i saw tons of them one was in westfall at the first farm like an idiot and he would jump in the same spot everytime i actually got him killed with leet skills.

droppen

#15 Post by droppen » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:54 pm

darkriderkk wrote:You are 100% wrong i can tell what a botter looks like in wow i saw tons of them one was in westfall at the first farm like an idiot and he would jump in the same spot everytime i actually got him killed with leet skills.
This is kinda off topic, but i remember my wow botting days when i made a PVP bot, it did not look like a bot at all, and it PWN'd all the non botters, cuz bot's have an advantage of faster reaction time. :D