Email notification

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Stionowl1943

Email notification

#1 Post by Stionowl1943 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:01 pm

Hello RomBot community.

I want ask if someone have idea how to make email notification.
Im looking for function to send email via some of windows part - maybe other software, if some event exist.

For ex.:
if somethings_happend then
sendemail()
end

In a lot of situation we are not near PC, and must know if something happend in our game (like GM whisper etc.)
Of course we can add sound notification or sleep() but what if we dont have directly access to PC or we arent in home?

I know is possible to redirect some messages from micromacro to file, mayby way to detect if file is changed by some software?

Celesteria

Re: Email notification

#2 Post by Celesteria » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:01 pm

Hi,

why do you want to know a GM is wispering you when you are not able to react to this? it doesnt make any sense to me. nevertheless you have the function os.execute() to start external applications like a windows sendmail clone. or if you have a webserver running at home, you could write a little php-script which reads a logfile from rombot and publish it to your phone.

hope this helps
Celesteria
I am a botter, but no cheater. So none of my scripts ever use any of the hacks like swimhack, speedhack, wallhack...
I hope you can understand my english. Its not my native language and it has been a long time since I used it the last time :)

Ego95

#3 Post by Ego95 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:58 pm

Celesteria wrote:Hi,

why do you want to know a GM is wispering you when you are not able to react to this? it doesnt make any sense to me. nevertheless you have the function os.execute() to start external applications like a windows sendmail clone. or if you have a webserver running at home, you could write a little php-script which reads a logfile from rombot and publish it to your phone.

hope this helps
Celesteria
Maybe he wants to write an e-mail back on that the bot also reacts :D

Stionowl1943

#4 Post by Stionowl1943 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:52 am

Interaction with GM its only example. In fact u are wrong - it have a big sense in my situation.
I just use bot to catch some ingame actions, bot is running in server machine with relogin afer crash/disconnect function, server status checking etc so is running 24/7 from about 2 months, usually i look on that 2 times per day for check results.
With that email possibility i can receive message about some specific ingame actions and can connect from own PC, or mobile instantly (delay of email etc summary +/- 5min) with remote desktop.
At the moment i found the solution, i just redirect some to .txt file and monitor that by extend software (TheFolderSpy), and that soft instantly send email to me when something is changed.

noobbotter

#5 Post by noobbotter » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:40 am

If you just have everything the bot is doing put into a log file, then your server can run a separate script that does nothing but every xx minutes or hours, read the logfile, put the contents into an email and send the email. That's how I would do it.