I'm currently using the Logitech K520 and M310 combo. The keyboard is great. Thin and light, perfect for using on my lap (no not my laptop, my lap ).
The mouse, though, started being difficult to move. After struggling with it for some time, I bought a new M310 thinking the old one was just a lemon. After a few months this one started playing up too. The problem seems to be the laser hole is open and seems to let dust into the mouse. So it looks like poor mouse design. It still works but it takes too long to move the mouse from one end of the screen to the other and is useless for playing any action games.
So the things I'm looking for in a mouse.
- - Not too expensive like some of those over the top gaming mice.
- Durable so it will last. Preferably without holes that let the dust in.
- Full sized mouse.
- Can be used with both hands. It can be a right handed mouse but should be usable in the left as well.
- - 1 or 2 extra buttons would be nice.
- Less rubber and more plastic. The rubber on the M310 is deteriorating over time.
- Never had one before but I'd like a left/right toggle scroll wheel.
- - MS Mobile Mouse 4000 Could be a bit bigger. Only 1 extra button I think.
- Logitech M510 There doesn't seem to be any in Australia. I like the unifying receiver. I already have one but it's still a nice feature.
- Logitech M515 I like this one because it says it has a sealed bottom.Probably too expensive for a mouse with no extra buttons.