Runes of magic micro stutters on a good computer

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
skollin1

Runes of magic micro stutters on a good computer

#1 Post by skollin1 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:32 pm

Is there any way to optimize my graphics card or do somthing to fix micro stutter and lower fps in runes of magic. I have a Fx6300 3.5GHZ 6 core processor 8GB ddr3 ram and a ATI R9 270x video card with 2GB DDR5 Ram. I just upgraded my video card from the 6670 to 270x and I'm getting the same results in fps and micro stutterers. Is there any way I can fix this?

beanybabe

Re: Runes of magic micro stutters on a good computer

#2 Post by beanybabe » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:30 am

The problem may be with your browser, some time back the browsers started using the video gpu to accelerate browsing. In the browser settings/advanced settings you can disable this.

A quick way to check if its gpu related is reboot and make sure nothing starts in start-up like chat or other web apps. Then you can check if ROM works better.

ZZZZZ

#3 Post by ZZZZZ » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:16 am

RoM itself uses pitiful amounts of GPU...its main demand is on CPU and RAM.

beanybabe

#4 Post by beanybabe » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:51 am

what windows version are you using. if you have standard hard drive did you try running chkdisk and (defrag if is not an ssd drive). Can you make a screen cap of what its doing and post with a link. one other thing if you added a new video card make sure you plugged the monitor in the new card and not into the on board video on the motherboard. on board video will be jerky.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... s/bb896653 on this page at microsoft is a program called sysinternals get it and try running it. the things in near purple color you want to try to only have client.exe and those needed running stop any not needed things.

Administrator
Site Admin

#5 Post by Administrator » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:16 pm

You should also note that games that are in the background will have their framerates lowered. This is just something that is done to reduce processing on background windows and not a performance issue.

But yes, RoM runs really poorly even on a powerful computer.