Email support?

Discuss, ask for help, share ideas, give suggestions, read tutorials, and tell us about bugs you have found with MicroMacro in here.

Do not post RoM-Bot stuff here. There is a subforum for that.
Forum rules
This is a sub-forum for things specific to MicroMacro.

This is not the place to ask questions about the RoM bot, which uses MicroMacro. There is a difference.
Sgraffite

Email support?

#1 Post by Sgraffite » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:21 pm

I was wondering how hard it would be to make it so Micro Macro can email me when I die? I'm UM and if my character dies then I run my priest to him and res him, to save on res runes. If Micro Macro could send an email to the email address associated to my phone number, I could get a text email on my phone and know to res myself.

This would be pretty nifty :)

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Email support?

#2 Post by Administrator » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:51 pm

Could be useful, I guess. But it could also be abused. I'll be working on a CURL plugin for MicroMacro which will allow you to interact with web servers, so I don't see why e-mailing with it wouldn't be possible.

zer0

#3 Post by zer0 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:43 am

Now that's some serious botting commitment. :)

3cmSailorfuku

#4 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:57 am

elverion wrote:Could be useful, I guess. But it could also be abused. I'll be working on a CURL plugin for MicroMacro which will allow you to interact with web servers, so I don't see why e-mailing with it wouldn't be possible.
If you could get the response of the server, that would be amazing. Imagine the endless possibilities, like getting a phone call from prankdialer.com. :D

zer0

#5 Post by zer0 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:37 am

Like your on a date or something, and you have a pager that goes off.. The chick goes "Are you a doctor, is it serious?" The reply is "YES, my lvl 58 HM Char has died!!! I need to res, so pick the tab biatch and don't wait up!!" rofl... :D
No wonder I don't have a GF.. ;)