Accessing the computer running the bot via remote connection

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
firebeam

Accessing the computer running the bot via remote connection

#1 Post by firebeam » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:14 pm

First a great big kudos to everyone who has made this bot possible. I LOVE IT.

Now that I am done kissing ass, I want have a problem regarding the bot's compatibility with remote desktop access.

I have an old pc at home which runs the bot. Apparently its not the "Professional" version of windows XP so it dosen't have window's remote desktop.

I have tried accessing it via teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com), but once i login and start viewing the pc's desktop from my laptop, the keys don't get pressed (W,A,S,D,Q,E etc.). So the bot dosen't move or fight. When I logoff, everything is back to normal again.

Have any of you guys used another software for viewing the bot remotely (from another computer) or is there any setting I can change in teamviewer?

Thanks.

unicron

Re: Accessing the computer running the bot via remote connec

#2 Post by unicron » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:37 pm

Even if you had remote desktop on xp (professional or not), it wouldn't render anything unless it was software based opengl. The remote connection might be fast user switching the keybinds. There are other types of software to override that, but teamviewer may not have the support if it is doing it generically.

Administrator
Site Admin

#3 Post by Administrator » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:12 pm

Teamviewer doesn't seem to cause any problems for me with default settings. Do you have version 5? I can't really think of any reason it would cause problems with input like that.

TheOne777

#4 Post by TheOne777 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:03 am

I also have had NO problems with teamviewer and the Bot....

firebeam

#5 Post by firebeam » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:07 pm

Ok a quick update. I tweaked a bunch of settings... Now the bot continues fighting if it is in the middle of a fight or can start another fight if enemy is in range.

But when it tries to move to the next waypoint, it can't. It will start saying "trying to unstuck player 1 of 10..." and then start jumping on the same spot.

I am guessing the bot can access all the keys properly other than QWEASD.... any ideas?

Administrator
Site Admin

#6 Post by Administrator » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:25 am

Probably because Teamviewer is using too much processor time, slowing down the game and/or MicroMacro. Make sure that both the game and MicroMacro have higher priority than Teamviewer.

kernal32

#7 Post by kernal32 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:06 pm

Another bot i used for a diff game had a remote client which read the output on the 'server' as such,

also had a web update and you were able to get a 'screenshot'

Wonder how hard it would be to output to a html file or something ....

firebeam

#8 Post by firebeam » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:00 pm

Thanks admin for the heads up on process priority. Couldn't reduce the priority of TeamViewer, so set both MicroMacro and Client to High.

However, that didn't solve the problem. This DID:

In the bindings switch the primary and secondary:
W - UpArrow
A - LeftArrow
S - DownArrow
D - RightArrow
Q - PageUp
E - PageDown

So the second column should be primard (arrows etc.) and the WASDQE should be secondary. That solved it. And just in case use this for NPC Ineractions:

Select Ally - Home

Hope this helps.

Administrator
Site Admin

#9 Post by Administrator » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:06 pm

kernal32 wrote:Another bot i used for a diff game had a remote client which read the output on the 'server' as such,

Easier said than done. I've given it some though, but haven't really found any easy solution to this yet.

3cmSailorfuku

#10 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:23 pm

Administrator wrote:
kernal32 wrote:Another bot i used for a diff game had a remote client which read the output on the 'server' as such,

Easier said than done. I've given it some though, but haven't really found any easy solution to this yet.
You can upload files using cUrl, no? You might have a PHP script on the server that will receive updates via GET or POST.

Administrator
Site Admin

#11 Post by Administrator » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:51 pm

3cmSailorfuku wrote: You can upload files using cUrl, no? You might have a PHP script on the server that will receive updates via GET or POST.
That requires that everyone have their own server that supports PHP. Not everyone does, and setting one up on their personal computer would be a lot of hassle. I'm considering writing a (very) basic HTTPD plugin for MicroMacro that would allow it to directly serv the data. Maybe even some AJAX so it constantly updates the information in your browser.

firebeam

#12 Post by firebeam » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:23 pm

Administrator wrote:
3cmSailorfuku wrote: You can upload files using cUrl, no? You might have a PHP script on the server that will receive updates via GET or POST.
That requires that everyone have their own server that supports PHP. Not everyone does, and setting one up on their personal computer would be a lot of hassle. I'm considering writing a (very) basic HTTPD plugin for MicroMacro that would allow it to directly serv the data. Maybe even some AJAX so it constantly updates the information in your browser.
NICE. :D