shaiya - Using multiple window instances, and keyboard input

Discuss, ask for help, share ideas, give suggestions, read tutorials, and tell us about bugs you have found with MicroMacro in here.

Do not post RoM-Bot stuff here. There is a subforum for that.
Forum rules
This is a sub-forum for things specific to MicroMacro.

This is not the place to ask questions about the RoM bot, which uses MicroMacro. There is a difference.
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: shaiya - Using multiple window instances, and keyboard input

#21 Post by Administrator » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:30 pm

The problem is only with certain keystrokes, such as Enter (to open the chat). The game checks it globally rather than locally, so pressing Enter would effect all clients.

jim151222

#22 Post by jim151222 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:10 pm

hey is there a way to run multiple windows each with the shaiya.lua script running aswell?

so far i have the addresses and pointers of 1 bomber window, but for micromacro to work is there a need to create a bomber1.exe and a bomber2.exe and 2 seperate launch scripts aswell to provide micromacro with a target?

another question is how do i go about finding the target address, and the sitcheck address? i am unsure on how to begin searching for these addresses.

thankyou in advance for any help.
Last edited by jim151222 on Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Administrator
Site Admin

#23 Post by Administrator » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:59 pm

I don't know. You'd need to give me the log. It could be caused by a permission error, or different addresses due to a different client, or any number of other things.

jim151222

#24 Post by jim151222 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:24 pm

elverion wrote:I don't know. You'd need to give me the log. It could be caused by a permission error, or different addresses due to a different client, or any number of other things.
damn sorry i fixed that one....i forgot to change the game.exe to bomber.exe my fault.

lol another sorry....i edited my post instead of posting a new one.
jim151222 wrote:hey is there a way to run multiple windows each with the shaiya.lua script running aswell?

so far i have the addresses and pointers of 1 bomber window, but for micromacro to work is there a need to create a bomber1.exe and a bomber2.exe and 2 seperate launch scripts aswell to provide micromacro with a target?

another question is how do i go about finding the target address, and the sitcheck address? i am unsure on how to begin searching for these addresses.

thankyou in advance for any help.
can you help with this?

jim151222

#25 Post by jim151222 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:20 pm

is there a way to attach micromacro to a process instead of a window?....
or how do i create a macro that changes a windows name?

Administrator
Site Admin

#26 Post by Administrator » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:59 pm

lol another sorry....i edited my post instead of posting a new one.
As you should. Double (or tripple) posting is frowned upon.
is there a way to attach micromacro to a process instead of a window?....
or how do i create a macro that changes a windows name?
Well, you "attach" MicroMacro to a process by using openProcess(). What you should do is make use of findProcessByWindow(). Combining that with changing the window name (as you had asked) should work fine. setWindowName() changes the window's name. Just change it from "Shaiya" to, "Sh@iya" or something (to prevent it from being found as "Shaiya").

Now, note that if you terminate the script with just this, the window name will remain "Sh@iya", and so you could have trouble finding it then. You can use the atExit() function to help with this.

Since atExit() is not currently in the wiki, I'll describe how it works quickly. atExit() accepts a function which is called automatically when the script terminates (You should use CTRL+L to stop the script. Clicking the X force-closes the program to close before atExit() can be called). So, you would just use atExit() to automatically rename the window back to "Shaiya".

To change:

Code: Select all

win = findWindow("Shaiya");
setWindowName(win, "Sh@iya");
To unset:

Code: Select all

function exit_function()
  setWindowName(win, "Shaiya");
end
atExit(exit_function);

jim151222

#27 Post by jim151222 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:11 pm

thanks so much for your help..

does the game need to be maximised for the micromacro program to work...because when im using the shaiya.lua script on one and i minimise to another, the script hangs and waits until i have the other in focus.
is there a way to continue to run micromacro and have it working without the target window in focus?

Administrator
Site Admin

#28 Post by Administrator » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:48 pm

MicroMacro has been designed to attempt to continue working with applications even if they are minimized, however, it does not work with all applications. Shaiya is one of those few for which it does not work. Currently, there is no good, working solution.

It may be possible to use injection to trigger the events rather than using faked keyboard input. If there's a good reverse engineer around that is able to locate the information on these functions (ie. addresses, parameters, return values) that would like to team up to create an injectable DLL for MicroMacro, then it won't take too long.

ChaTWizzard

#29 Post by ChaTWizzard » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:56 pm

Is there any way i can run two shaiya on one PC without the other one freezing up???

Administrator
Site Admin

#30 Post by Administrator » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:17 pm

Nope. There's nothing you can do about it, really.

ChaTWizzard

#31 Post by ChaTWizzard » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:06 pm

elverion wrote:Nope. There's nothing you can do about it, really.

Ive been trying to get VMWare to work with the game but it crashes on loading the first screen...

Administrator
Site Admin

#32 Post by Administrator » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:14 pm

That's because Shaiya relies on hardware acceleration, and VMWare does not support this yet.

ChaTWizzard

#33 Post by ChaTWizzard » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:57 am

elverion wrote:That's because Shaiya relies on hardware acceleration, and VMWare does not support this yet.

Is there any way i can run two copys of shaiya, i want to run: http://solarimpact.servegame.com/phpBB3 ... p?f=3&t=82

One shaiya on the fighter script for my UM fighter, and another for my HM preist(different accounts)

Administrator
Site Admin

#34 Post by Administrator » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:27 pm

No. Input can only be accepted into one copy of the game at a time.

ChaTWizzard

#35 Post by ChaTWizzard » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:45 am

elverion wrote:No. Input can only be accepted into one copy of the game at a time.

You can run the game twice on one operating system without any shaiya loaders, it's 100% legit and if you get banned(you can't be found out at the moment, but if sonov creates the gm's a new tool then it might be possible.

All you have to do is :

Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > Create a New account >
Now type an account name for example: "ShaiyaLogin" > Next > Make sure the account is an "Administrator" > Create Account

Now go: Start > Log Off > Switch User > Click "ShaiyaLogin"

Start the game and bingo, to get back to the other shaiya go to Start > Log Off > Switch User > And click on your other login (should say 1 program running)

If there is a way to make the window copy of "Shaiya Login" not freeze up you could use the shaiya loader (bomber.exe)/(hacked game.exe) and then run a bot on "Shaiya Login" and one on your other operating system (Dual Core+ with 2gig of ram+ would be recommended.

Example: Fighter Bot + Healer Bot = xp all round! lol

Administrator
Site Admin

#36 Post by Administrator » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:13 pm

That's the problem. You'd need to reprogram the game to not freeze form on lose focus so that input can be accepted on that window even when another window is on top.