I can't seem to find hp/mp values.

Discuss, ask for help, share ideas, give suggestions, read tutorials, and tell us about bugs you have found with MicroMacro in here.

Do not post RoM-Bot stuff here. There is a subforum for that.
Forum rules
This is a sub-forum for things specific to MicroMacro.

This is not the place to ask questions about the RoM bot, which uses MicroMacro. There is a difference.
Exempt

I can't seem to find hp/mp values.

#1 Post by Exempt » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:45 pm

You seem to know a little about this and I'm having problems finding the HP/MP memory addresses. Is there some commom way to make it harder to scan for it or am i just failing terribly. I'm using cheat engine and the game is still Xenimus.

On a side note, I have a bot that works but I'm trying to make it more human like now and not just look like a stupid bot running in circles.

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: I can't seem to find hp/mp values.

#2 Post by Administrator » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:16 pm

Could you try maybe explaining what the problem is? That usually helps.

Exempt

#3 Post by Exempt » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:06 am

Hm, the problem is I cannot find the memory addresses for hp/mp. When I search the values it can never find them.

Edit: There is a display in the Stat menu that shows it like xx/xx hp and xx/xx mp. I figured them would have to be that value so i search with 4byte, 2 and 8... It doesn't ever find them. I even tried floats and stuff but still cannot seem to find it. I thought maybe it was masked somehow.

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:48 pm

Try using unknown values with changed/unchanged searches only. It could be coded in some strange way.

Exempt

#5 Post by Exempt » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:43 am

Ok, I found the hp value for the stat screen display but it will only update if the stat screen is open. I guess if I find out what writes to it I can find the real hp address?... Thanks for the help.

3cmSailorfuku

#6 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:52 am

Exempt wrote:Hm, the problem is I cannot find the memory addresses for hp/mp. When I search the values it can never find them.

Edit: There is a display in the Stat menu that shows it like xx/xx hp and xx/xx mp. I figured them would have to be that value so i search with 4byte, 2 and 8... It doesn't ever find them. I even tried floats and stuff but still cannot seem to find it. I thought maybe it was masked somehow.
I just tried it and it works completly fine to find them as 2 bytes. The adresses are even green.

Exempt

#7 Post by Exempt » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:33 pm

I was able to find them, I have no idea what i was doing wrong for like 2 hours of looking. I found it now anyway but as said in my last post that address will not work for what i need.