Waypoint Pauses with no reason

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Drewww

Waypoint Pauses with no reason

#1 Post by Drewww » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:07 pm

Been many years since I played ROM and also many years since I thinkers with RoM Bot.

I use this for a basic auto clicker to run my own DPS addons. The way point will randomly pause, usually after a fight with a few mini bosses or zone changes.
My only fix is to close the client and restart the bot, if I dont restart the client the bot will start up as paused.
I am using this on my own server using v6.3 files and client with bot version 1.04 and 1.05 (both do that same thing).
The waypoint is simple, it will run forever basically

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<waypoints>
	<onLoad>
		local meow = 1
		repeat
			keyboardPress(key.VK_F11);
			yrest(150)
		until meow == 999
	</onLoad>
</waypoints>
Since its been many years I likely forgot something as to why it puases.

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Waypoint Pauses with no reason

#2 Post by Administrator » Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:54 am

You probably don't need to restart the client; simply pressing
CTRL+L
while focused on the micromacro window should exit the script.
Breaking down your waypoint, it looks like it works like this: When the waypoint is loaded (ie. when starting the bot with this waypoint), it will immediately enter that loop - pressing F11, waiting 150ms, pressing F11 again, and so on; there's never anything that exists that loop (setting
meow
to
). It never does anything other than spam F11.

When you say it pauses - do you mean it stops spamming the F11 key? Or do you mean that it still spams F11, but you expect it to move around and find more enemies to fight?

Drewww

#3 Post by Drewww » Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:08 pm

It is intended to be an endless loop pressing F11, where F11 is assigned to actionbar slot 1 and my custom made DPS lua addon is on actionbar 1, it does everything from following the tank, healing, dps, buffing, looting etc.

pressing END will pause it, pressing DEL will resume it, but the random pausing is acting like I pressed END but I never did, if I tab to the client and press DEL it will resume but when I tab out to another client it will pause.
When it does this random pausing that is when I have close and restart. So I can generally get a full play session without problems, when it starts the random pausing it seems to effect all clients at the same time.
My usual setup here is my main character I use for tanking (using the gaming keyboard for fast clicking), and 5-6 alts running this waypoint so I can have them all on the same PC running in the background.

When it randomly pauses the message in the MM window reads out exactly like I paused it, no error messages. What ever triggers this to happens will put it back into a paused state if I close MM and restart that waypoint, only fix I have for now is close the game clients and start new ones.

Hope I explained it well enough to get the idea.

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:32 am

I wonder if some key combination you're hitting is somehow getting picked up as the wrong virtual key code or something, making the micromacro instance think you've hit End.

Lets try an experiment. Open up
settings.lua
. Near the top, you'll see the hotkeys. Specifically, the start and stop keys on lines 13,14:

Code: Select all

START_BOT = {key = _G.key.VK_DELETE, modifier = nil},
		STOP_BOT = {key = _G.key.VK_END, modifier = nil}
Try changing those (or, at least, the stop key) to something else. Maybe
key = _G.key.VK_PRINT
(Print Screen button)? Or maybe change it to
key = 21
- which would be a key code that is pretty much impossible for you unless you've got a Japanese keyboard or something.

Drewww

#5 Post by Drewww » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:11 am

I have made the change, will let you know the result, might be a few days, not often around.

Drewww

#6 Post by Drewww » Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:10 am

Only 1 days passed so far, when I use VK_PRINT my PrtScn key wont stop it, so picked another key as I do need to stop the thing from working at times.
I also thought about the keyboard driver being at fault, Logitech G815. Still on the fence for that yet. Need a little more time to play to see if changing the pause key worked.

Administrator
Site Admin

#7 Post by Administrator » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:09 am

Excellent. Thank you for reporting back with results.

Drewww

#8 Post by Drewww » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:52 pm

Fair amount of time has passed now, so far since changing the key as you suggested its has not caused any more issues.