How do you write a bot for RoM?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Avaryan

How do you write a bot for RoM?

#1 Post by Avaryan » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:27 pm

As you can see, I just registered and this is most likely not in the best location; however, since it's RoM that I'm interested in I thought I might as well post it here. Admin/Mod, feel free to move it to the correct section if needed.

Assuming someone out there cares, I may as well introduce myself. I am Avaryan. I write scripts for neXus iBot at rscheata.net (It's a RuneScape bot). I really haven't been into RuneScape for a long time and I want to explore different areas of coding and such. That's where you all come in.

RoM is a completely different game and I have no idea how to get started with writing a bot for it; nor do I even know what language to begin with. So, I must ask if someone could guide me on how to go about doing this. I'm sure with some time, given my past experiences, that I could be helpful to this community.

Thanks

d003232

Re: How do you write a bot for RoM?

#2 Post by d003232 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:58 pm

Avaryan wrote:As you can see, I just registered and this is most likely not in the best location; however, since it's RoM that I'm interested in I thought I might as well post it here. Admin/Mod, feel free to move it to the correct section if needed.

Assuming someone out there cares, I may as well introduce myself. I am Avaryan. I write scripts for neXus iBot at rscheata.net (It's a RuneScape bot). I really haven't been into RuneScape for a long time and I want to explore different areas of coding and such. That's where you all come in.

RoM is a completely different game and I have no idea how to get started with writing a bot for it; nor do I even know what language to begin with. So, I must ask if someone could guide me on how to go about doing this. I'm sure with some time, given my past experiences, that I could be helpful to this community.
Just download RoM Bot here. And use the bot. After doing that some time, I'm sure you will have ideas and suggestion, what could be done. And you will look into the lua coding ... I'm sure. :-)
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

Administrator
Site Admin

#3 Post by Administrator » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:34 pm

Yes, both MicroMacro (C++) and the RoM bot (Lua) are are open source so you can examine them and see how they work. The general idea is to simulate key data and use memory reading for input, however, we are also working on some other, new methods.

droppen

#4 Post by droppen » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:32 am

Yeah, another way is to hook directly to the RoM process, and take control of it's function call's, but we don't wanna use that, because memory reading is much simpler, it doesn't crash the client easily.