knowledge from beta weekend

http://www.guildwars2.com
BillDoorNZ

Re: knowledge from beta weekend

#21 Post by BillDoorNZ » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:18 am

gl with that :) I might have a dabble at that too...just need to build some motivation...actually playing GW2 seems to have sucked out a lot of my motivation to do anything with it....am forcing my self to play to level ap, but ye gods is it a grind / effort to play. Ah well.

lisa

#22 Post by lisa » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:24 am

There are always easy and hard ways to do anything.

To level up do events and go round doing the hearts on the map level you are.
When you hit lvl 40 do CM Story Mode, you get 3/4 a level each run and a good group can do it in 20 mins without any hassles. So 2 levels an hour + silver + loots.

I have on occasion left char slapping away at an event overnight and gotten 5-6 levels, not something I do often though.

Crafting also gets you a tonne of XP, jewelry seems to be the best for that. Apparently maxing a profession gets you 10 levels, my jewely is 320ish. I would just go round doing the usual stuff and when I got bored I would hit the TP and buy a heap of matts to lvl up crafting and also lvl char at the same time, get new item upgrades.
It's a win win =)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

BillDoorNZ

#23 Post by BillDoorNZ » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:38 am

heh...yeah, I got al lthat...thats not the grind for me... the whole game is just...a bit boring :)

its seems more like an arcade game (e.g. Gauntlet for us older players ;) with better graphics and other than that, theres nothing particularly interesting about the game. Yes, I can switch weapon combo's and experiment with traits / skill / gear combinations. But its all very bland.

the WvWvW is just a big ranged dps fest atm. I'm sure it will get better as the player base matures and starts working together more and zerging less. Meh. Prolly just getting too old!

lisa

#24 Post by lisa » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:04 am

BillDoorNZ wrote:the WvWvW is just a big ranged dps fest atm.
I had the best time in WvW the other night, when I entered we had absolutely nothing on any of the 3 maps, 3 hours later and many many many battles we completely owned 2 maps and were half way to owning the 3rd. Everyone was working as a team and it just worked.
BillDoorNZ wrote: Yes, I can switch weapon combo's and experiment with traits / skill / gear combinations
I tried guardian and it was meh, I like elementalist and I am constantly switching between elements to really get the most out of my char.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

BillDoorNZ

#25 Post by BillDoorNZ » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:29 pm

nice...now that I've been playing a bit longer, PvE is still a hellish grind...hard to force myself to do it.

WvW tho, is a lot more fun :) Spending a lot of time in there with friends levelling personal guilds for guild banks and will eventually start a main guild once we're done there. Good place to kill mobs for loot too :)

Anyway, was wondering how you are going with the addresses etc. I'm not planning on botting GW2, but was looking at using a cut-down bot to automate a few things. Primarily looting. So that anytime I run past a lootable corpse (or bag in WvW) it will just loot the damn thing without me needing to do anything (yes, I'm that lazy :). Tho, would have to be careful in siege weapon's when the bags drop ;)

Possibly using it to spam the heal key when y're downed would be nice too of course :) atm I use a G13 to do that for me.

lisa

#26 Post by lisa » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:16 pm

managed to find quite a few things in memory so far.
The "F" interaction is reliable, narrowing down the text for the interaction so we can use the interaction when we want to for specific things, like looting, so you can just loot and not click siege repeatedly.
I am always missing loot bags in WvW, if I get killed I have a look around and usually see 3-4 bags on the ground and say a few not nice words and then make comments how the loot should go straight to bags in WvW lol

I didn't know you can use the heal key when downed, you get the 4 key options and the "heal" (4) has a cooldown, so I don't know about spamming a heal button.

BillDoorNZ

#27 Post by BillDoorNZ » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:28 pm

yeah, once the cooldown is up tho,its spammable :)

if you use other skills (other than the 1 for attack) it puts the hela back on CD tho :(

I play thief, so normally use 2 to shadow step closer to friendlies (in the hope they'll revive me - which players are bloody good at in this game - helps that they get xp for it too :) and then when heal if back off CD I spam it.

I can often get myself back up and running within a few seconds this way.

BillDoorNZ

#28 Post by BillDoorNZ » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:32 pm

it would be very nice if the loot went straight into your bag...but i guess that will cause issues with full backpacks etc and people would complain if they lost loot because their backpack was full with whites :)

lol...I have the same reaction when I get killed and there are loot bags hanging around...half the time when I'm in combat, because I'm deathblooming all over the place, I lose track of the things anyway, and having the bot autopick those items up would help no end - having said that, it quite possibly will not be fast enough to do that when the player is moving too fast.

lisa

#29 Post by lisa » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:16 pm

speed isn't the issue ;)

BillDoorNZ

#30 Post by BillDoorNZ » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:59 pm

hah! you aint seen my thief move! :)

I imagine that the 'F' enabled property is not closely tied to the reason that its enabled then eh? I shudder to think how y're retying to find that root cause of F enabling....there are plenty of scenario's in which it is enabled, and trying to reverse a call stack without in-line debugging would be a nightmare I wouldn't wish upon anyway :)

lisa

#31 Post by lisa » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:05 am

The text is actually in memory, so
loot is
"Search [F]"
I can easily get the address for the text that is displayed but for some reason the pointers/offsets haven't been reliable, so it has been on the back burner for a while now. I have the actuall interaction coming up reliably, so half way there.

At the moment I am deep into skill information from memory, I currently have the skill ID's and the timer left on cooldown, still lots more work to do on skills yet though, unfortunately the info isn't all grouped up together for easy reading.

Always trying to get object table info but yeah it has been a pain, so it is pretty much on the back burner for now, I might give 30-60 mins working on it every few days.

BillDoorNZ

#32 Post by BillDoorNZ » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:37 pm

I assume the 'object table' is a list of the objects in the game world that the character is aware of? similar/same as the CObjectList used in rombot?

No idea how you even begin to try to find that one :( I should really read up on this stuff more, but keep getting distracted by other things (e.g. ran across some articles on ReadProcessMemory yesterday in c# yesterday, so have been mucking around with using addresses.lua to read stuff etc, tho, haven't tested anything as yet - just setting up class libraries and the like). Meh. ranting again :)

Either that, or I'm too busy playing the game :) I much prefer the PvP in WvW compared to rom, due to the survivability aspect - i.e. you live for long enough to actually hit the other person :)

BillDoorNZ

#33 Post by BillDoorNZ » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:22 pm

also, been looking around to see what other people are finding with the memory offsets:

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/mmo/gui ... -09-a.html

I see some of those line up with what you have discovered so far, specifically:

class CoreStats{
+7Ch - Actual Level
+84h - Power
+88h - Precision
+8Ch - Toughness
+90h - Vitality
+0A0h - Displayed Level (Zone Dependent)
+0A4h - Total Experience over all Levels
}

vs

actlvlOffset = 0x7C,
adjlvlOffset = 0xA0,

lisa

#34 Post by lisa » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:47 pm

I should probably do some reading at ownedcore, might make getting a table of objects easier. Yeah I found the stats like power,precision but decided there was no actual use for them so never added them to bot.
FYI they arn't your actual stats, it is base stat + stats from items/skills, I did have it all written down how it works but I can't find the topic atm.