RoM bot

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
kong790

Re: RoM bot

#961 Post by kong790 » Wed May 06, 2009 11:47 pm

I'm still unable to reproduce it. Try this.... open up rom/bot.lua and go to line 13. Change:
Code:
DEBUG_ASSERT = false; -- Change to 'true' to debug memory reading problems.

to true, and then run the bot. This may give better clues to the location of the error.
That line is already in there

Zilvermoon

#962 Post by Zilvermoon » Thu May 07, 2009 1:06 am

I'll do some "DEBUG_ASSERT" and see what I can find out ... will report back later.

Zilvermoon

Administrator
Site Admin

#963 Post by Administrator » Thu May 07, 2009 2:21 am

kong790 wrote:That line is already in there
Yes, but is it already set to true? If not, change it. The screenshot you had posted before must have had it set to false.

I just ran 3 bots for another hour, and none of them encountered this error. I'm really quite unsure what the cause of it is. If anyone other than kong and Zilvermoon are having this problem, please post and let me know. Copies of your log.txt prove useful.

EDIT: Just happened to stumble across the cause of this error by total accident. It was a bug in the anti-KS code, which was why it was so random. You can grab the fix off the first post in this thread, or do an SVN update to correct this (I hope).

xbohz

#964 Post by xbohz » Thu May 07, 2009 5:31 am

My error msg i use win2003

Moving in | Suggested range: 45 | Distance: 193
Casting 'WARRIOR_FEINT'
Casting 'WARRIOR_ENRAGED'
Casting 'WARRIOR_SLASH'
Casting 'WARRIOR_FEINT'
Target HP changed
Casting 'WARRIOR_SLASH'
WARNING: Failure reading memory from 0x13BFDC8 at 0x210 in memoryReadByte(). Err
or code 299 (ReadProcessMemory Or WriteProcessMemory )
D:/micromacro/scripts/classes/pawn.lua:45: Error in memory reading

Please enter the script name to run.
Type in 'exit' (without quotes) to exit.
Script>

Administrator
Site Admin

#965 Post by Administrator » Thu May 07, 2009 5:55 am

xbohz wrote:My error msg i use win2003

Moving in | Suggested range: 45 | Distance: 193
Casting 'WARRIOR_FEINT'
Casting 'WARRIOR_ENRAGED'
Casting 'WARRIOR_SLASH'
Casting 'WARRIOR_FEINT'
Target HP changed
Casting 'WARRIOR_SLASH'
WARNING: Failure reading memory from 0x13BFDC8 at 0x210 in memoryReadByte(). Err
or code 299 (ReadProcessMemory Or WriteProcessMemory )
D:/micromacro/scripts/classes/pawn.lua:45: Error in memory reading

Please enter the script name to run.
Type in 'exit' (without quotes) to exit.
Script>
Download the update.

xbohz

#966 Post by xbohz » Thu May 07, 2009 7:41 am

thx adm i'll dl the new version and test it

Fluffy

#967 Post by Fluffy » Thu May 07, 2009 11:11 am

I have a huge problem everyhting works awsome but than it just stops and breaks i tried everything and always die ....lots of ep debt.......

pls help me what should i do

the thing at the bottom says :

moving to waypoint 3 failed etc....
Player address changed :0x0
Warning:Failure in reading memory from 0xE6FDC4 at 0x210 in memoryReadByte() Error code 299 (nur teil der readprocessmemory oder writeprocessmemeory-Anforderung wurde abgeschlossen..
/scripts/classes/pawn.lua:45:error in memory reading

pls help i can't leave the bot alone else..

Administrator
Site Admin

#968 Post by Administrator » Thu May 07, 2009 12:24 pm

Fluffy wrote:I have a huge problem everyhting works awsome but than it just stops and breaks i tried everything and always die ....lots of ep debt.......

Warning:Failure in reading memory from 0xE6FDC4 at 0x210 in memoryReadByte() Error code 299 (nur teil der readprocessmemory oder writeprocessmemeory-Anforderung wurde abgeschlossen..

Due to lack of information provided, your guess is as good as mine. You probably are running an old version by the looks of it.

Zilvermoon

#969 Post by Zilvermoon » Thu May 07, 2009 12:49 pm

Fluffy wrote:I have a huge problem everyhting works awsome but than it just stops and breaks i tried everything and always die ....lots of ep debt.......

Did you get the latest version? this looks like the error I got (which should have been solved in latest version, I'm tessting as I write this).

Zilvermoon

Fluffy

#970 Post by Fluffy » Thu May 07, 2009 1:29 pm

I ran version 2.36 until now but the problem only persisted with my lvl 40 priest ,it never appeared with my scout
i use 2.38 now i hope it won't happen again....had 160k ep debt
//the error always starts when being in a fight with a mob(i die while farming neutral mobs) and in the beginning there's always the player adress changed 0x0//

i have a good tip for you.....attach a character to your high charakter and let him follow you..use the ep potions from the bags and you get the char to lvl 25 in 5-6 hours farming,farm in an area with neutral mobs so they won't aggro your character
the character gets the same ep your main receives +the potions for me 350ep per mob = easy lvls

frank

#971 Post by frank » Thu May 07, 2009 3:16 pm

2.38 has fixed my (the) random memory read crash bug.

kong790

#972 Post by kong790 » Fri May 08, 2009 1:28 am

The bot doesnt always heal when your health is below the X%. Sometimes my bot gets down to X% and heals the first time but as he keeps getting hit and gets below X% again he waits a few seconds until i get way low then heals. And after battle he sometimes doesnt heal even though he's below the X%.

Never mind I noticed the potion cd was set to 15seconds when its actually only 12s.

fender

#973 Post by fender » Fri May 08, 2009 7:20 am

SVN - Always have the newest version:
Advanced:

For those of you who already have some working knowledge of SVN, you can use this command to checkout:
svn checkout http://rom-bot.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ rom-bot-read-only

Simple:

First, I suggest you install Tortoise SVN. Once installed, you may need to reboot your machine. Now, locate your 'rom' folder (should be inside micromacro/scripts/) and right-click it. Select 'SVN Checkout'.

Now, a window should open. Inside "URL of repository:", enter this url:
http://rom-bot.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/rom

Everything else can be left at default. Click OK and it should begin downloading and updating all of your files. Now that you've got it all setup, you can simply right click the 'rom' folder again and select SVN update. Typically, a red icon over the folder should indicate that there are updates to download.

I followed this process and for some reason this will break my bot. Out of the zip file the bot works great. i added waypoints and my profile, no problem. i even run the update.lua and all is well. the moment i try to use SVN to sync the code it will no longer work. The error that is returned (im sorry i cannot post a screenshot right now) states something like: error in rom\bot.lua near 30 '" SolarImpact ...etc

I also notice that if i tweak any of the lua code (such as modifying how long the bot waits before it finds its next target) then the SVN will not download updates for these files.

what is the best way to handle grabbing updated SVN's if i have made changes to some and any idea why the above error would occur? I receive that error even if i use SVN to download the full ROM folder and just try to run rom\bot.lua and make no changes.

thanks in advance!

birdy64

#974 Post by birdy64 » Fri May 08, 2009 9:15 am

When running RoMbot it usually never clears the dead target until the corpse disappears. This causes a lot of deaths for me. Is there something I can check to eliminate this? Also, sometimes it tries to loot before the target is actually dead causing me to run up to the target.

kong790

#975 Post by kong790 » Fri May 08, 2009 1:45 pm

birdy64 wrote:When running RoMbot it usually never clears the dead target until the corpse disappears. This causes a lot of deaths for me. Is there something I can check to eliminate this? Also, sometimes it tries to loot before the target is actually dead causing me to run up to the target.
Could u post your profile script

maurice

#976 Post by maurice » Fri May 08, 2009 2:44 pm

birdy64 wrote:When running RoMbot it usually never clears the dead target until the corpse disappears. This causes a lot of deaths for me. Is there something I can check to eliminate this? Also, sometimes it tries to loot before the target is actually dead causing me to run up to the target.

I thinck you are running the bot as ranged combat, Im right ?

If yes, try to change the loot time to 4000, worked for me.

I have an other question, when I die, the bot did not execute my ingame macro:

Code: Select all

<onDeath>
		pauseOnDeath(); -- Stop the script
		keyboardPress(key.VK_N);
	</onDeath>
When I die, the bot always turn left until the auto rez. Somebody got the same issue ? and solve this problem ?

Thank You

maurice

#977 Post by maurice » Fri May 08, 2009 2:46 pm

I don't now if it is the good are to post this.

Ther is a mistake in the database:

<skill name="SCOUT_SHOT" consumable="1" range="20" cooldown="4" type="damage" target="enemy" />
should be

<skill name="SCOUT_SHOT" consumable="1" range="200" cooldown="4" type="damage" target="enemy" />

Administrator
Site Admin

#978 Post by Administrator » Fri May 08, 2009 3:52 pm

fender wrote: I followed this process and for some reason this will break my bot. Out of the zip file the bot works great. i added waypoints and my profile, no problem. i even run the update.lua and all is well. the moment i try to use SVN to sync the code it will no longer work. The error that is returned (im sorry i cannot post a screenshot right now) states something like: error in rom\bot.lua near 30 '" SolarImpact ...etc
You did everything right. The problem was with one of the files on SVN. It has been fixed, and you can now update of SVN again.
I also notice that if i tweak any of the lua code (such as modifying how long the bot waits before it finds its next target) then the SVN will not download updates for these files.
It should. However, it will not automatically overwrite your changes (unless it has good reason to do so). That is, when you SVN update, it should merge your changes with the changes on the SVN server.

When I die, the bot always turn left until the auto rez. Somebody got the same issue ? and solve this problem ?
You've got the bot pausing when you die. Comment out pauseOnDeath() (or just delete it).

SCOUT_SHOT has also been fixed (on SVN, anyways).

maurice

#979 Post by maurice » Sat May 09, 2009 1:14 am

Administrator wrote:
You've got the bot pausing when you die. Comment out pauseOnDeath() (or just delete it).

SCOUT_SHOT has also been fixed (on SVN, anyways).

I will try, but I thinck it dos not work, when I die the bot did not execute pauseondeath....

I will see, may be I'm wrong :p

maurice

#980 Post by maurice » Sat May 09, 2009 2:26 am

maurice wrote: I will try, but I thinck it dos not work, when I die the bot did not execute pauseondeath....

I will see, may be I'm wrong :p

hum.... does not work :p

<hotkeys>
		<hotkey name="HP_POTION" key="VK_0" modifier="" />
		<hotkey name="MP_POTION" key="VK_F8" modifier="" />
		<hotkey name="ATTACK" key="VK_1" modifier="" />
		<hotkey name="RES_MACRO" key="VK_F5" modifier="" />
	</hotkeys>

<onDeath>
		-- Additional Lua code to execute on death
		keyboardPress(key.VK_F5);
	</onDeath>

My macro:

/run QuitGame()
Last edited by maurice on Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.