rev658 Macro failing

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
BillDoorNZ

rev658 Macro failing

#1 Post by BillDoorNZ » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:55 pm

I had an issue this morning with the bot failing the macro test.

Seemed that it was trying to find the hotKey for the Macro in:

macros.lua:

Code: Select all

-- Set settings.profile.hotkeys.MACRO.key
line 70:	local hotkey, modifier = getHotkey(49) -- The "Toggle title/guild" hotkey
This caused the client to keep opening the chat frame and then closing it. It seems that (for me at least) the hotkey is now in position 48 instead of 49 so:

Code: Select all

-- Set settings.profile.hotkeys.MACRO.key
line 70:	local hotkey, modifier = getHotkey(48) -- The "Toggle title/guild" hotkey - use position 48 as this has moved???

rock5

Re: rev658 Macro failing

#2 Post by rock5 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:48 am

"getHotkey(49)" should give you the "Toggle title/guild" hotkey. I don't think that can possibly change. More likely is the hotkey itself might change. Either you changed it or an addon changed it.

An addon that doesn't seem to work with the bot is "Extra Action Bars". If you have that installed, I suggest you remove it.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

BillDoorNZ

#3 Post by BillDoorNZ » Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:05 pm

yeah, I found that very strange myself.

Definitely don't have Extra Action Bars installed and the index 48 is definitely correct for my client. No idea how that has happened tho - I am running win 7 64bit - but I cant imagine that that is the issue - I'm sure plenty of other people are too.

I'm not overly worried about it tho as I can manually track that change.

BillDoorNZ

#4 Post by BillDoorNZ » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:13 pm

ok, finally got round to invetigating this problem further.

Turns out its the Partner Bag. The game client adds an extra key binding option in the "Key Bindings" form, under the Interface section just before the "Friend List" option. Not sure why my client for my main doesnt have the Partner Bag setting tho. Very strange.

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:49 pm

Well done on figuring it out yourself. Now that you've nailed the problem, I'll see if I can come up with a solution.

Although looking at my key bindings, I see "Partner Bag" before "Friend list" as well and it still works for me. Was the extra binding the "Partner Bag" one?

Edit: Just reread your post. It makes sense. If one of your clients is missing the partner bag button then 49 would be "Open dialog" and 48 would be "Show title/guild". So the problem, from my perspective, is you're missing a key, not that you have an extra one. :)
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:42 am

Ok, I'm ready to commit. Just one last question. You say you have one that doesn't have the Partner Bag key binding. Is that a separate installation of the game or is it just a different account or character?

BillDoorNZ

#7 Post by BillDoorNZ » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:23 pm

separate installation (different folder on same machine).

I install to:

c:\Installs\Rom1\
c:\Installs\Rom2\

Rom2 is configured for bots (minimal addons etc and low graphics)

when the game is patched, I copy over the new patch manually.

I imagine that there could be an inconsistency there somewhere.

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Yeh, you probably didn't copy something over properly. Doesn't matter. I'm going to introduce a getHotkeyByName function so it wont matter where it is in the bindings list.

Anyway, now that you gave me the last bit of info I needed, I'll commit.