RoM bot

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
3cmSailorfuku

Re: RoM bot

#321 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:40 am

Noticed that a Skill were missing on the latest update, hmm.

<skill name="KNIGHT_CHARGE" range="120" cooldown="30" type="charge" target="enemy" />

Also there is a WARRIOR skill in the KNIGHT skills tab. Just for beauty reasons it should be moved back to warrior lols.

Administrator
Site Admin

#322 Post by Administrator » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:02 pm

As pointed out by Zilvermoon, if you are receiving this error

Code: Select all

C:/micromacro/scripts/rom/classes/player.lua:282: attempt to compare number with
nil
then you are missing the COMBAT_DISTANCE option in your profile. Add it.

<option name="COMBAT_DISTANCE" value="200" />
It now uses COMBAT_DISTANCE as looting distance when in ranged mode.

Luna

#323 Post by Luna » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:39 pm

thanks,thats what fixed it,maybe do that change into red letters(in the mainfaq) because i didnt notice that line.change ;)
else,perfect bot,thanks.

Lolzoids

#324 Post by Lolzoids » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:41 pm

can someone help me create a line that i can insert for about 1 second of standing around time.

Some times i find my bot locking onto a mob in front of it, when i have a mob behind it attacking it.
This gets me killed so i want to insert a line somewhere which would make my character stand around for 1 sec and see if anyone is attacking him. If someone knows help to do this please inform me.

Pharcide

#325 Post by Pharcide » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:46 pm

i have been unable to run since the patch i get error 299 could anyone help me? i dont know where to get the new script

Zeno1

#326 Post by Zeno1 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:34 pm

ya i ran update.lua and i get 2 errors. I think the updated address is messed up

Administrator
Site Admin

#327 Post by Administrator » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:54 pm

Pharcide wrote:i have been unable to run since the patch i get error 299 could anyone help me? i dont know where to get the new script
The same place you always get the new script: the first post in this thread.
ya i ran update.lua and i get 2 errors. I think the updated address is messed up
Then don't run update.lua as instructed. It is unnecessary as the new addresses are included in the latest version.

raff

#328 Post by raff » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:00 am

is it possible to log off, if the bot dies?

RedBloodz

#329 Post by RedBloodz » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:19 pm

a little help please. m trying to make a mine(gathering) bot by editing your code.
I just wonder why my mouse doesnt perform Left Click. The mouse does MOVED and set onto the desired coordinate but it wouldnt click to mine.
I start off by createpath at the ore or wood location. Then i change the Target key to something else so it wouldnt target mob. then i have the following code after the 'else' in the following statement

if (target) then
fight
else
(I put the following code right here)
waypoint and move onto next position
end

wxs,wys = windowRect(getWin());
detach(); --deatch temporarily
yrest(100);
xposs = wxs + 510;
yposs = wys + 380;
yrest(100);
mouseSet(xposs, yposs);
             yrest(300);
             mouseLHold();
             yrest(250);
             mouseLRelease();
             yrest(300);
yrest(10000);  ---10 sec to mine resource
attach(getWin()); --re-attach.
I run in full screen 1024 x 768
thankx

Administrator
Site Admin

#330 Post by Administrator » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:18 pm

First, if you're using MicroMacro 1.0, there is some issues with the mouse input which will be fixed in the next few days. Now, since attached input has been recently changed as well, you must detach input, then click, then reattach input. This is because attached mouse input is not recognized by RoM (they use a different API for mouse input).

Here's a function you can use in place of mouseLClick() to do all the work for you.

function sendMouseLClick()
  detach();
  mouseLClick();
  attach(getWin());
end

is it possible to log off, if the bot dies?
If you want to add the code to do it. It would only take like 2 seconds to change the code, but I will not include it as people would use this as proof of you botting if you instantly log off when you get killed if everybody starts using this. I'm certain you can create a macro to send the log off message.

Kizami

#331 Post by Kizami » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:45 am

My friend has a problem with the bot, Snake Curse (level 15 elite Priest/Rogue skill) is not in the database and we're having trouble adding it into the skills.xml so that it operates properly.

The bot is great but the problem I have with it atm is that as a rogue I need to create combo chains in order to maximise DPS. I started my char before I knew this bot was around so I went for blind spot over shadow face.

Now it seems if I knew I was botting shadow face would've been a better idea, however I have created a simple macro that basically kills a mob by just pressing one button. I Shadow Step -> Blind spot -> Villainy -> Laceration -> Disarm until dead. (I placed this new macro in the skills.xml as a range 100 (range of Shadow Step) skill and said uses 85 energy. )
The problem I have with the bot is that once it finds a target it auto starts spamming skills at it regardless of whether it is in range or not. So once it targets the mob it tries to use my combo, but because it is out of range of shadow step it says it's on cooldown and moves onto the next skill in the macro and eventually once the mob comes into range basically just spams disarm at it.

edit - Changing the macro to add a wait time to allow it to get in range doesn't work either because the bot keeps mashing the macro button thinking it has enough energy to do so which resets the combo and stops it from ever using the first skill but stays disarming some how.

edit2 - Changing the combat distance down to 50 seemed to stop it from trying to use the skill at too long a range, allowing the character to sometimes get the chain off. However often the character would try to use the combo mid fight (as it was waiting for the CD of shadow step) and the mob would turn around too fast to get off backstab. Then the cooldown would be during the next fight...

edit3 - Sorry another ninja edit. - The rogue seems to insist on using Villainy -> ShadowFace -> Laceration chain to start every encounter if you just give it the skills to use. (Tried different slots and orders in the profile.xml). However the best combo is Shadowface -> Villainy -> Laceration. After this chain is finished is goes onto just alternating between Shadowface and Dismarm when it would be better doing the same chain again with disarms inbetween. Is it hard coded in the bot which order to use skills?

edit4- Ok just using it in this short time I've come across loads of things that can be tweaked :P. The bot wants to use buffs while it is attacking a mob. This is fine for instant cast buffs but my poison buff for example requires 1s cast time which it never gets because it is spamming skills during this time / getting hit etc. Anyway to change this so it only buffs out of combat?

So I either have to settle for a bot that casts all skills randomly (if I just add all the skills to the profile) or try to make a macro that will actually work with this bot.

Anyone have any ideas how to make the bot more efficient as a rogue?

Kizami
Last edited by Kizami on Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:19 am, edited 6 times in total.

grt41h32g

#332 Post by grt41h32g » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:56 am

New update on my little RomBot helper tool - this is just the beta since many ppl told me to just
upload it - atm it doesnt include changing/adding skills - ill update that in about 1-2 days :)

[ ALWAYS SCAN BEFORE DOWNLOADING ! you never know .... ] :D
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T2FI7GNV

Read the readme >.< if ur having an error !

Made by
--GrT41H32G--

Any questions ? send me a mail, grt41h32g@gmail.com :D

Administrator
Site Admin

#333 Post by Administrator » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:23 am

Kizami: You could just change the priority of each skill in the database. Skills which should be used first would have higher priority, while those that are to be used last have lower. By default, all "damage" skills have a priority of 70.

Kizami

#334 Post by Kizami » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:42 am

If I'm right in how the bot works though, won't it spam Shadowface until it gets below the energy needed for shadowface then try and do villainy since shadowface will have higher priority?

Only possible short fix I could think of is shadowface only when 100energy then villainy only when 80energy+ then laceration etc but that would only be good as an opening combo because then it would just try to spam laceration to finish the mob.

Where do I change this value though? In database I found:

if( type == "damage" ) then type = STYPE_DAMAGE; priority = 70; end;
Do I add:

database.skills[Shadowface] priority = 90;
etc?

Kizami

Administrator
Site Admin

#335 Post by Administrator » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:12 pm

No, add it to the database.

<skill name="SOME_SKILL" priority="71" .... />

Kizami

#336 Post by Kizami » Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:22 pm

I just created an awesome macro for blind spotting rogues. It adds a skill to the skills database with a 10 second cooldown and basically runs forwards jumps spins around and blind spots the mob followed by villainy and laceration. Then I end up spamming disarm till it dies and cast premeditate after so my next blind spot is a critical.

If anyone is interested:
(This skill in slot 4)

/script UseAction(10);
/wait 0.5
/script UseAction(26);
/wait 2
/script UseAction(26);
/wait 1.1
/cast Shadowface;
/wait 1.1
/cast Villainy
/wait 1.1
/cast Laceration
/wait 1.1
/script UseAction(27);
(This skill in slot 26)

/script ToggleAutoRun();
/wait 0.1
/script Jump();
/wait 0.3
/script ToggleAutoRun();
/wait 0.1
/cast Blind Spot
/wait 0.1
/script UseAction(10);
/script UseAction(10);
This skill in slot 27

/script if (UnitHealth("target")>0) then UseAction(25); else UseAction(21); end;
This skill in slot 25

/cast Disarmament
/wait 1.75
/script UseAction(27);

RedBloodz

#337 Post by RedBloodz » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:28 pm

hey, i found something useful with botting. It is automatic messaging add on. AFK add-on can be found at http://us-forum.runesofmagic.com/showpo ... stcount=16
It basically reply to anyone that whisper to you. This is helpful because some player see that u r botting and message you to confirm it. If u dont reply it mean u r botting. The default message is 'away from keyboard', but u can change that into any messages u want.
some implication: first,
The message reply instantly, so its obvious its a bot. So my question is what is the command to add into the code to make it wait like 15 seconds to reply to the whisperer.
second, how you make a table of messages so you wouldnt reply the same message twice.

Thankx

BTW, as for my questions about the my mining bot above. It worked when i used MM 0.99 :D

darkfayte

#338 Post by darkfayte » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:49 pm

RedBloodz wrote:hey, i found something useful with botting. It is automatic messaging add on. AFK add-on can be found at http://us-forum.runesofmagic.com/showpo ... stcount=16
It basically reply to anyone that whisper to you. This is helpful because some player see that u r botting and message you to confirm it. If u dont reply it mean u r botting. The default message is 'away from keyboard', but u can change that into any messages u want.
some implication: first,
The message reply instantly, so its obvious its a bot. So my question is what is the command to add into the code to make it wait like 15 seconds to reply to the whisperer.
second, how you make a table of messages so you wouldnt reply the same message twice.

Thankx

BTW, as for my questions about the my mining bot above. It worked when i used MM 0.99 :D
i spoke with admins on the RoM site and Forusm about "botting". Its perfectly legal since the code allows it. There is nothing they can do. I was told "my hands are tied" when asking about the post about automated fighting on the EU forums. So, since botting is ok and they will not ban or warn for it, there is no need for an autoresponder. To top this off with my favorite respoce, im not obligated to respond to anyone, not even a GM if they talk to me. No where in the game TOS or agreements does it state then i need to even read what someone is typing, nor am i forced to respond. Most people just say "/zone omfg hes botting" and thats about all ... i may respond later (depending on how long ago it was) or simply respond with "what? im busy..."

again
botting = ok
responding = not a requirment
I'm not botting, that's against the TOS. What i'm doing is sharing my account with my computer.

grt41h32g

#339 Post by grt41h32g » Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:34 pm

Hey guys
Since today i get this error evertime i try to run rom\bot.lua:
Sun Feb 08 13:29:10 2009 : RoM Bot Version 2.12

stack traceback:
C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\BOT\lib\lib.lua:476: in function 'startMacro'
C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\BOT\scripts\rom/bot.lua:140: in main chunk

----------TRACEBACK END----------

Sun Feb 08 13:29:12 2009 : ...ers/Chris/Desktop/BOT/scripts/rom/classes/player.lua:69: attempt to compare number with nil
Sun Feb 08 13:29:12 2009 : Execution of bot.lua complete.
Sun Feb 08 13:29:12 2009 : Execution error: Runtime error
Sun Feb 08 13:29:12 2009 : Collecting garbage...
Sun Feb 08 13:29:12 2009 : 355KB freed.
Any solution for it ? :cry:
[ i am using vista 32bit, and i am playing on a USA server ! ]

Zilvermoon

#340 Post by Zilvermoon » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:37 pm

grt41h32g wrote:Hey guys
Since today i get this error evertime i try to run rom\bot.lua:
Sun Feb 08 13:29:10 2009 : RoM Bot Version 2.12

stack traceback:
C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\BOT\lib\lib.lua:476: in function 'startMacro'
C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\BOT\scripts\rom/bot.lua:140: in main chunk

----------TRACEBACK END----------

Sun Feb 08 13:29:12 2009 : ...ers/Chris/Desktop/BOT/scripts/rom/classes/player.lua:69: attempt to compare number with nil
Sun Feb 08 13:29:12 2009 : Execution of bot.lua complete.
Sun Feb 08 13:29:12 2009 : Execution error: Runtime error
Sun Feb 08 13:29:12 2009 : Collecting garbage...
Sun Feb 08 13:29:12 2009 : 355KB freed.
Any solution for it ? :cry:
[ i am using vista 32bit, and i am playing on a USA server ! ]
It looks like you are missing something in your profile, from what I can gather from that error report you are having a problem with this line in your profile:

<option name="POTION_COOLDOWN" value="15" />
But it might a different problem, anyway i attached the default profile, you might take a look at it and see if anything is missing in your profile.
Zilvermoon
Attachments
Default.zip
The default profile, if you need it.
(515 Bytes) Downloaded 120 times