RoM bot

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Abul

Re: RoM bot

#121 Post by Abul » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:02 pm

Abul wrote:Hmmm, i just upted mine to the newest one...(3) and im finding that now..and possibly before... its just ignoring monsters somtimes... (these are white now) does that affect it? does it avoid low lvl stuff? as if its not "pressing tab" enough or somthing? or maybe when its targeted a dead mosnter (after killing) it it maybe this its still got somthing targeted..so it ignores others???? sorry for the constant problems i keep bringing up...still a great bot tho lol

hmm rolled back my update of the bot to rom(2) and still having the same problem... plz help? Also..what is in the new updates? could u add a change log to ur 1st post or somting or to the file, lol to satisfy my curiosity :P
24 hours in a day
24 beers in a slab

coincidence? I THINK NOT

Zephyr

#122 Post by Zephyr » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:00 pm

Abul

There is a coned area of targeting that is used by RoM if you use tab. so a mob can be right next to you to your left. Then another ahead of you a twice the distance. The bot will go for the one in front of you due to how targeting works in the game.

Also a side note for looting. I remade my profile using the default and noticed with max fight time set to 20 that it would kill the mob then instantly run off to the next waypoint. I then upped the time to 60 and it will loot every mob pretty much every time. It also does a slight pause to make sure the mob is dead before it runs off.

Abul

#123 Post by Abul » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:59 pm

but it walks directly into somthing...like a monsters in the waypoint path... ..walks right through the monster when directly infront of it fo...possibly 2-3 seconds.

Code: Select all

EDIT
Figured it out...although not sure why it would di it... I just reduced the amount of waypoints that i had...instead of having one every...like 3 steps..i did one every 10-20 steps..and seems to work properly now :D
24 hours in a day
24 beers in a slab

coincidence? I THINK NOT

Zephyr

#124 Post by Zephyr » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:56 pm

yea. that was gonna be my next suggestion. I had the same issue when testing the bot. Put more waypoints in for less chance to get stuck and it would never target. it waits 2-3 secs after each waypoint to target, if i recall. most of my waypoint profiles are 10-15 waypoints. but that are somewhat large areas.

3cmSailorfuku

#125 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:01 am

I don't wanna complain, but does anyone else have the problem that it doesn't detect a dead mob sometimes?
It just stands there, trying to attack the loot with spells. Only happens sometimes, not always.

I believe this is a game bug, because there is serval other stuff that's annoying. After running Runes of magic for too long,
suddenly some monsters cannot be attacked with the reason that I have to face the target. I've noticed this yesterday
when my Character got completly stuck in a house or couldnt attack a Spellcaster enemy. I even had times when
my character got stuck in air.

Administrator
Site Admin

#126 Post by Administrator » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:35 am

Yes, there is a very short delay after each waypoint where it will not try to target enemies. This is intentional because it helps to detect whether or not you have any aggressive monsters attacking you before targeting and pulling more in.

Attempting to fight already dead enemies is a game bug. It happens when, for whatever reason, the enemy still has HP left when dead. A proper fix for this is being looked into. It really is not an issue past level 10 monsters.

Zephyr

#127 Post by Zephyr » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:06 am

3cmSailorfuku wrote:I don't wanna complain, but does anyone else have the problem that it doesn't detect a dead mob sometimes?
It just stands there, trying to attack the loot with spells. Only happens sometimes, not always.

I have had it happen a couple of times of level 17-19 mobs. Only once during the 4hr or so run last night. Just forcefully set the target to nothing and the bot was on its way again.

3cmSailorfuku

#128 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:05 am

Administrator wrote:Yes, there is a very short delay after each waypoint where it will not try to target enemies. This is intentional because it helps to detect whether or not you have any aggressive monsters attacking you before targeting and pulling more in.

Attempting to fight already dead enemies is a game bug. It happens when, for whatever reason, the enemy still has HP left when dead. A proper fix for this is being looked into. It really is not an issue past level 10 monsters.
I was killing lv 30 mobs btw.

Zephyr wrote:
3cmSailorfuku wrote:I don't wanna complain, but does anyone else have the problem that it doesn't detect a dead mob sometimes?

I have had it happen a couple of times of level 17-19 mobs. Only once during the 4hr or so run last night. Just forcefully set the target to nothing and the bot was on its way again.
I'm trying to test this bot aslong as it can run without help from myself. So I noticed those game bugs, which are really annoying even when im playing.
Although it's not that bad since you can setup a timeout on mobs, but yeah, you cannot fix a bugged game with a bot. So I was just putting this here, as a sidenote.

junlee

#129 Post by junlee » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:08 pm

I have a problem with my waypoints once the bot starts, instead of going to where I set the waypoints it just runs sideways across the world. I noticed in the waypoint xml file it has values over 1000 for x and y, though my minimap coords show values around 50 for each. Don't know if that is just because the bot reads internal coords which are diff then the ones displayed under the minimap or not...but either way I'm not sure how to fix it.

Could anyone help? thanks

Administrator
Site Admin

#130 Post by Administrator » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:18 pm

Post your log.txt. And yes, it is normal for the waypoints to contain numbers vastly different from what is displayed on the minimap. Does the bot seem to run any specific direction? Probably either exactly north or exactly east, I would guess.

junlee

#131 Post by junlee » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:39 pm

Tue Jan 06 20:59:48 2009 : MicroMacro v0.99
Tue Jan 06 20:59:48 2009 : Processor Type: 2X 586, OS: Windows Vista | Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 1
Tue Jan 06 20:59:48 2009 : Lua initialized successfully.
Tue Jan 06 20:59:48 2009 : Lua libs opened successfully.
Tue Jan 06 20:59:48 2009 : LuaCoco is available.
Tue Jan 06 20:59:48 2009 : Lua glues exported.
Tue Jan 06 20:59:48 2009 : Keyboard layout: US English
Tue Jan 06 20:59:48 2009 : Configurations run.
Tue Jan 06 20:59:51 2009 : Executing script "createpath.lua".
==================================================

Tue Jan 06 21:00:39 2009 : Execution of createpath.lua complete.
Tue Jan 06 21:00:39 2009 : Execution success.
Tue Jan 06 21:00:39 2009 : Collecting garbage...
Tue Jan 06 21:00:39 2009 : 17KB freed.

Tue Jan 06 21:01:06 2009 : Executing script "bot.lua".

stack traceback:
	...sers\...\Desktop\micromacro\micromacro\lib\lib.lua:476: in function 'startMacro'
	.....\Desktop\micromacro\micromacro\scripts\rom/bot.lua:121: in main chunk

----------TRACEBACK END----------

Tue Jan 06 21:01:09 2009 : Cannot open file 'C:/Users/.../Desktop/micromacro/micromacro/scripts/rom/waypoints/test.xml' for reading.
Tue Jan 06 21:01:09 2009 : Execution of bot.lua complete.
Tue Jan 06 21:01:09 2009 : Execution error: Runtime error
Tue Jan 06 21:01:09 2009 : Collecting garbage...
Tue Jan 06 21:01:09 2009 : 104KB freed.

Tue Jan 06 21:01:28 2009 : Executing script "bot.lua".

Now I'm pretty sure the error about reading test.xml wasn't from the last test I did, because when I first created that waypoint, I accidently saved it with an ".xml" in the actual name, on top of the extension and the bot wouldn't load at all and told me it couldn't find it. After I corrected this, the bot loaded but would just run in a single direction (east). I tried three different waypoint files and all had the same result.

The first time I tried to use the bot, the way point system worked fine but it wouldn't cast any skills on my mage (no idea why, I messed around with my profile.xml a lot to try to fix it, following the instructions step by step) and being that it wouldn't cast skills, it aggroed a bunch of mobs got me killed before I could manually heal myself. Anyway I changed my profile and tried the bot again, and well that is when the way points started giving me this problem. Oddly enough though, it did use a buff before it started running east (which it wouldn't cast at all before when the way points were working).

Administrator
Site Admin

#132 Post by Administrator » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:15 pm

Attach a copy of your waypoint script and the contents of your profile for examination.

junlee

#133 Post by junlee » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:18 pm

<profile>
	<options>
		<option name="HP_LOW" value="40" />
		<option name="MP_LOW_POTION" value="60" />
		<option name="HP_LOW_POTION" value="60" />

<option name="COMBAT_TYPE" value="ranged" />
		<option name="ANTI_KS" value="true" />
		<option name="WAYPOINTS" value="test.xml" />
		<option name="LOOT" value="true" />
		<option name="LOOT_TIME" value="3500" />
		<option name="ENERGY_STORAGE_1" value="mana" />
		<option name="ENERGY_STORAGE_2" value="none" />
		<option name="POTION_COOLDOWN" value="15" />
		<option name="MAX_FIGHT_TIME" value="20" />
		<option name="DOT_PERCENT" value="90" />
	</options>

<friends>
		<friend name="" />
		<friend name="" />
	</friends>

<hotkeys>
		<hotkey name="HP_POTION" key="VK_0" modifier="" />
		<hotkey name="MP_POTION" key="VK_MINUS" modifier="" />
		<hotkey name="ATTACK" key="VK_1" modifier="" />
	</hotkeys>

<skills>
		<skill name="MAGE_FLAME" level="6" hotkey="VK_2" modifier="" />
		<skill name="MAGE_PLASMA_ARROW" level="3" hotkey="VK_3" modifier="" />
		<skill name="MAGE_ELECTROSTATIC_CHARGE" level="1" hotkey="VK_7" modifier="" />
	</skills>
</profile>
Waypoint file

<waypoints>
	<waypoint x="-2186" z="-5061" />
	<waypoint x="-2323" z="-5214" />
	<waypoint x="-2461" z="-5330" />
	<waypoint x="-2559" z="-5438" />
	<waypoint x="-2562" z="-5593" />
	<waypoint x="-2471" z="-5646" />
	<waypoint x="-2375" z="-5531" />
	<waypoint x="-2314" z="-5392" />
	<waypoint x="-2247" z="-5260" />
	<waypoint x="-2263" z="-5105" />
</waypoints>

Administrator
Site Admin

#134 Post by Administrator » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:25 pm

Does your character rotate until it is facing east, and then run in that direction, or does it straff? What does it say in the MicroMacro window? Have you modified the in-game hotkeys any?

junlee

#135 Post by junlee » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:29 pm

It only strafes, doesn't turn. I have modified my left / right strafe keys to "Q" and "E" respectively, as well as "A" for turn left and "D" for turn right. In the MiniMacro window it just said "Moving to xcoord, ycoord".

I didn't think about the in game movement keys though..I figured the bot used a different method of moving to waypoints other then with the default movement keys (like the auto move function in game or something like that). I will try resetting the strafe and turn keys to default and see if that fixes it. It does make sense now that it continues strafing in a single direction, as I assume the bot thinks it is turning when it is pressing my strafe key and is waiting for it to face the correct direction before it moves forward. As soon as my client is done patching I will test it and let you know if that was the problem. Thanks for the help, and nice bot :)

Zephyr

#136 Post by Zephyr » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:44 pm

junlee wrote:It only strafes, doesn't turn. I have modified my left / right strafe keys to "Q" and "E" respectively, as well as "A" for turn left and "D" for turn right. In the MiniMacro window it just said "Moving to xcoord, ycoord".

I didn't think about the in game movement keys though..I figured the bot used a different method of moving to waypoints other then with the default movement keys (like the auto move function in game or something like that). I will try resetting the strafe and turn keys to default and see if that fixes it. It does make sense now that it continues strafing in a single direction, as I assume the bot thinks it is turning when it is pressing my strafe key and is waiting for it to face the correct direction before it moves forward. As soon as my client is done patching I will test it and let you know if that was the problem. Thanks for the help, and nice bot :)

if you want to reset what key the bot uses modify the settings.xml file accordingly.

<hotkey description="ROTATE_LEFT" key="VK_A" modifier="" />
		<hotkey description="ROTATE_RIGHT" key="VK_D" modifier="" />
		<hotkey description="STRAFF_LEFT" key="VK_Q" modifier="" />
		<hotkey description="STRAFF_RIGHT" key="VK_E" modifier="" />

junlee

#137 Post by junlee » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:48 pm

Zephyr wrote: if you want to reset what key the bot uses modify the settings.xml file accordingly.

<hotkey description="ROTATE_LEFT" key="VK_A" modifier="" />
		<hotkey description="ROTATE_RIGHT" key="VK_D" modifier="" />
		<hotkey description="STRAFF_LEFT" key="VK_Q" modifier="" />
		<hotkey description="STRAFF_RIGHT" key="VK_E" modifier="" />
Oh thanks, didn't know where the keys were saved at. I will try that when the servers come back online.

edit: Ok I just tested, everything works fine now! thanks again for the help guys.

Zephyr

#138 Post by Zephyr » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:12 am

I take it bot worked then after patch? nice no update to addresses needed.

Zilvermoon

#139 Post by Zilvermoon » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:31 am

Zephyr wrote:I take it bot worked then after patch? nice no update to addresses needed.
This was my consern this morning too, and didn't have time to check it out before going to work.

Anyway I'll check this when I get home from work....

Edit: Forgot I wanted to ask, Is the Modify key's working now?
(I know I could just test it, but might be interesting for others to know too)

Also I've been having a few small problems with keyboard settings due to the fact that I use danish keyboard layout (yeah I'm from Denmark), and the "VK_MINUS" & "VK_EQUAL" is different in danish keyboard layout, so how would I handle this?
(Would I have to reset Game Keys and not be able to use the bar-slots via my keyboard when not botting? How would I know what my danish keyboard layout "key 11 & 12" is called in VirtualKey?)

Lastly I would like to give a big thank for all the great work and for sharing of this great ROM script.

junlee

#140 Post by junlee » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:49 am

Zephyr wrote:I take it bot worked then after patch? nice no update to addresses needed.
yeah the old addresses still work.

edit: I found a new problem with the loot system. It doesn't want to loot mobs that I kill with 2 hits. I have 3 skills in my attack rotation, and I'm wondering if there is a problem where it will only loot when it goes through the entire cycle of skills? Looting seems to work fine on monsters that take 3 or more hits to kill, but when its a two-shot the bot immediately runs to the next waypoint after it kills the mob (i have my loot delay set at 3500, so it shouldn't be doing this. I also have tried manually spamming my attack key as the bot kills the mob and it loots when i do that, so it appears like the bot isn't attempting to push it).