For Shaiya users with different keyboard layout

You may request or share scripts for MicroMacro in this forum.
bulag_01

For Shaiya users with different keyboard layout

#1 Post by bulag_01 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:13 am

I am posting this message for shaiya players who does not have a US keyboard layout.

If you are using deaznracer fighter bot or any bot that uses the "~" to switch target and you dont have a US keyboard u can use Autohotkey to remap the key.

For example:
I'm using a GB keyboard layout so my targeting key is ` instead of ~ and when I try to use the fighter bot it uses ' for switching targets.

I used an autohotkey script to remap the ' key to my targeting key which is ` . Now with the help of the AH script, when the bot presses ' ,it now presses ` .

this is what I used for the AH script
`::'
'::`

For other keyboard layout, you must know first what the bot uses to switch targets. To do this, run shaiya then the bot, while in shaiya press enter and start the bot. The bot should now use the virtual key to find a target, in GB its ' .
I hope this will solve the problems for some non US keyboard users.
You can download the autohotkey from http://www.autohotkey.com/

To forum moderators, sorry if this is in the wrong section you can move to the right place.
Thx to deaznracer for his bot

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: For Shaiya users with different keyboard layout

#2 Post by Administrator » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:30 pm

Good as any place, I guess. You could have also just setup a keyboard layout config. Just go to micromacro/lib/mods/keyboard/ and make a copy of en_us.lua, name it into the proper locale and/or language, then modify that script. Though, in this case, since it uses key.VK_TILDE, it would still be wrong, and the script would have to be changed to key.VK_ACCENT. There's more information on virtual keys and keyboard layouts in the wiki here: http://solarimpact.servegame.com/wiki/i ... rtual_Keys

Thanks for sharing your info though. I'm sure some will find it useful.

bulag_01

#3 Post by bulag_01 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:41 pm

thx for the acknowledgment. I've read that topic about Virtual keys and its useful if you know the name of they key. I used AH cuz I didnt know the name of the ` key lol.

so ` = Accent now I know the name. Do you have or know where to find a full list of all symbols and keys?

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:39 pm

Not really, but you do need to know the scan codes. If you just make a copy of en_us and modify all the numbers in it, then that's all you need. You can look those up on Google, or use some sort of tool that shows you the scan code of the currently pressed key.

bulag_01

#5 Post by bulag_01 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:36 pm

Nice...thx for the info. I will try to apply it when I have the time.