"Attempt to call limit" - Crash

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
Buh

"Attempt to call limit" - Crash

#1 Post by Buh » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:01 pm

Hey

i got the message "attempt to call limit" and the scripts crashes then

I think the reason is, that the memory is very high (15 of 16gb ram) and cpu is on about 85 to 95%

How can i get rid of this message/warning maybe?

Greetings

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: "Attempt to call limit" - Crash

#2 Post by Administrator » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:21 pm

Can you provide an exact copy of the error message? Preferably with stack traceback.

If this is indeed some sort of stack limit, it is likely to be very difficult to track those down. The RoM bot code is a bit of a jumbled mess and would essentially need to be rewritten from scratch to ensure proper code flow.

beanybabe

#3 Post by beanybabe » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:00 pm

15 /16 gig I tend crash also you can only get about 10 clients running in 16 gig after that there is good chance to crash. Windows 10 will pop a warning and start closing apps if you get to close the earlier windows just crash.
Another thing to consider is sockets at one time window xp allowed a lot but then they limited it to 10. This carried on thru vista,
On windows 7 8 or 10 this was increased to 20. This means you can run only 20 connections to the net before it starts toggling things and rom is not happy running slower. Each app takes a socket background update's browsers and such so the more clients you open the more background apps you need to shut down.

If you keep most extra software disabled you should not have a problem with sockets.
ultimate may have more and the lite home versions may have less. It supposed to be listed in the windows terms if you read thru them. Go to Start > Run and type winver then click on Microsoft Software License Terms

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:59 pm

Ah. I misunderstood. The the issue is that when you've reached your maximum physical memory limit, the game client itself can become unstable and crash. Unfortunately, that's not something we can fix as it is a flaw (sounds like an unhandled exception on alloc() failure) within the game's code.

The solution is either to pester them to fix it (which won't happen) or get more RAM. If you've got an SSD, you could potentially set your paging file (essentially the Windows-equivilent to a Linux SWAP partition) to be on that drive and with a decent size. It's not recommended, but might be acceptable to you.

beanybabe

#5 Post by beanybabe » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:11 pm

swapping is not a good idea rom gets unhappy if hard drive i/o gets slow. Windows recommends if you have over 4 gig ram to disable the swap and just have everything run in ram. If you are close on memory you will have to consider unloading some programs that are not needed.

If you use nivdia and are not playing any of the latest games uninstall nvidia gaming experience and all the 3d nvidia drivers, the particle physics as rom only needs the basic driver.

If you use chrome go to settings and advanced settings way at bottom you will see keep chrome running in background uncheck that unless you use the video chat and stuff in chrome.

remove skype if you do not use it.

disable all background update checkers