MACRO test failure? Please read here!!!

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Administrator
Site Admin

Re: MACRO test failure? Please read here!!!

#21 Post by Administrator » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:56 pm

If your character is saying stuff in chat, then your addresses.lua is out of date. It changed in the last update.

boch

#22 Post by boch » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:57 am

cant make this bot work.. already try it 10x still not working :( :x

muffins89

#23 Post by muffins89 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:09 pm

Its now fixed, love u guys<3

Administrator
Site Admin

Macro.bsd rewriter/fixer

#24 Post by Administrator » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:03 pm

Many of you have had problems with the game crashing when running the bot or just using macros in general. This is often due to a corrupted Macro.bsd file.

Instead of deleting it and losing all of your macros, you can try running this script which should sanitize and rewrite your Macro.bsd file with (hopefully) no side effects.

Just save the attached file (macrofix.lua) into your micromacro/scripts/rom/ directory. Log out of the game, load up MicroMacro, and run rom/macrofix.lua. You will need to enter your character's name and press enter. That's it. You should be ready to go.

I need people to test this before I include it with the bot. Make sure to backup your Macro.bsd before doing this.
Attachments
macrofix.lua
(5.4 KiB) Downloaded 863 times

Garrison

Re: Macro.bsd rewriter/fixer

#25 Post by Garrison » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:02 pm

My game started crashing a lot too and I tried this but Im still crashing a lot. Can I do something to help your investigations since I dont have a clue what kind of information I should give about this problem.

Administrator
Site Admin

#26 Post by Administrator » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:35 pm

You'll have to provide information about the crash. If it's a problem with Macro.bsd, it should crash every time you try to use a macro. If it happens randomly while the game is running, then it's a problem with the game itself that I cannot fix.

unicron

#27 Post by unicron » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:23 am

Personally, I just downloaded all of the patches manually, installed the game fresh. Make a batch file to install all of them manually (so it doesn't restart the launcher 34834583 times). Then .rar up the entire folder. When it starts crashing after a month or something, I just re-extract it back. Seriously solved like 90% of my crashes and the only time it crashes 'generally' is when i'm using snoop to teleport.

harst

#28 Post by harst » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:15 am

help please

VoidMain

#29 Post by VoidMain » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:48 am

I have the bot working in spanish, let me know if someone needs help with that.

Tengo el bot funcionando en español, diganme si alguien necesita ayuda con eso.

wizzyslo

#30 Post by wizzyslo » Fri May 14, 2010 7:26 pm

I'm using rly old script for farming KS instance and i had fust reset made (second account and invite him in party by macro) and now averytime doing everything 2times. I tryed with this fix that you give it and still same problem. Same problem i have in new zone for dailys allway accept 2 dailys no idea whay.

nonameson

#31 Post by nonameson » Sat May 15, 2010 4:33 pm

I have try and have same problem like everybody. And I try look for this 'my documents/Runes of Magic\<charname. But I dont see it anywhere under ROM folder. And I try update ROM , through SVN Checkout, I got message say The System Cant Not find path specified. Can any1 help me please. Thanks

Starrider

#32 Post by Starrider » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:58 am

Hello an additional information: if the fix doesn't work, in my case the game still crashes after mcro test, the last solution is to delete macro.bsd file.
Before you should save your macros with copy paste in textdokument and put it back manual after.

imorpheusi

#33 Post by imorpheusi » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:34 pm

hey i have on my account a error

my char run only but no farm or food
Attachments
Unbenannt2.jpg
Unbenannt.jpg

Triora

#34 Post by Triora » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:19 pm

hi everybody!
I'm using micromacro with several accounts, but with one in particular, it doesn't work.
It's a Mage/Priest.. I have another mage-priest, and it works ok.

But with this other account, when I launch Micromacro, and I type rom/bot and then DELETE key, Runes of Magic client crashes

I don't really understand what's wrong, because I tried to use the xml char file for both my mages/priests. With one account, it works, with the other, it crashes.

Same skills, same settings (auto loot, self cast, etc etc) .. same micromacro..

I already deleted the macro.bsd in char-folder, I re-do the macro.. It seems it doesn't work the macro..
Because in chat, it dosn't write "test 1234" like usual.

But if I go in document/runes of magic/mychar/macro.bsd, and I open it with Notepad, I can read:

/script r='' a={1234;ChatFrame1:AddMessage("MACRO test: send value 1234 to macro place 2");} for i=1,#a do r=r..tostring(a) r=r..' ' end EditMacro(2,'',7,r);

but in chat, nothing wrote

rock5

#35 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:50 pm

It seems to suggest that there is something wrong in the character save folder. If it's not 'macro.bsd', try deleting the whole folder.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#36 Post by lisa » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:48 am

I have 1 character I manually leveled to around 35/30, also made a few macros for it along the way. I have tried everything I can think of and it just always crashes when it calls for the macro test.
I've deleted the macro.bsd, I've deleted the entire folder for the character. I've replaced the macro.bsd file from a working character and still the same.

In the end I just gave up and lvled a new char with the bot, took less then a week to overtake that character, creating waypoint files as i went along, prob take me a couple days now to lvl the same amount.

I'm just saying if 1 existing character has issues, maybe just create a new 1 ;)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Triora

#37 Post by Triora » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:25 pm

I tried everything I think.. deleted the macro.bsd file, deleted the entire folder, but still problem.

I noticed the problem about my empty macro.
I had time ago did a macro, in the first position. Then I deleted it, and I made the empty macro for micromacro, and put it on key 0.
But this macro has some kind of problem ..

I mean, if I delete this file macro.bsd, if I delete the whole folder, if I go to my friend, installed RoM client on his computer, and tried there .. still problem.. maybe the macro is saved on RoM server? or what ever else?

Administrator
Site Admin

#38 Post by Administrator » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:11 pm

Make sure you have the latest revision of the bot off SVN. Now, just delete all of your macros completely. You don't want any of them. Start the bot and it will now automatically create the macro for you.

NotSoPro

#39 Post by NotSoPro » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:41 am

dunno if ppl still have problems or that adresses have been updated already..

but mine is working fine now after i updated an old backup (while keeping my waypoints and profile files)

plz tell me if i can be of any help to someone.

GL all

lisa

#40 Post by lisa » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:09 am

Well I had no idea the option even existed but if anyone is having an issue after deleting the macro.bsd do the following.

Load up character in game
go to interface settings
look down bottom left of window for "Server Save"
untick the box
log out
delete the macro.bsd file
start bot and presto, it works
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual