add more " clicks " when attack

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
vernberg

add more " clicks " when attack

#1 Post by vernberg » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:35 am

Hey im curious if Admin can answer if its possible to add more "clicks" when using skill with MM
Currently i have modified the skill.xml
<skil name="DIYCE_SKILL" range="180" type="damage" casttime="0" cooldown="0" target="enemy" priority="100" />

so i can use diyce as with the character skill rotation
so in the profile i have

<skill name="DIYCE_SKILL_CAST" hotkey="VK_1" priority="100" cooldown="0" />

But with running it like this MM only press the skill button x3 times and pause and press x3 again is there a way to to add more " clicks" so it it will (spam) the skill until target is dead ?

im not looking to write a userfunction or something like that more to change the code in either function.lua or bot.lua

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: add more " clicks " when attack

#2 Post by Administrator » Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:06 am

But with running it like this MM only press the skill button x3 times and pause and press x3 again
Is that 3 times really quick, pause for a second, and then again, or is the delay longer?

This might sound counter-intuitive, but what if you set the cooldown to 1 instead of 0, does that help?

vernberg

#3 Post by vernberg » Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:08 am

Hi thank you that you taking your time to answer

the sequnce looking like this
engaging combat
cast skill
cast skill
cast skill
Pause
cast skill
cast skill
cast skill
But the pause seems to long

I also noticed when running it like this it also tends to fail when using the Diyce skill i made in the skill xml.

i have been trying to change the cooldown to 1 added globalcooldown="true"/> in the skill xml but nothing changes it
Its always 3x skill
The only way i have found that works decent is to place same skill on a second button and use hotkey="VK_1" and same on hotkey="VK_2"

Administrator
Site Admin

#4 Post by Administrator » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:24 pm

So what's likely going on is that it thinks the skill cast is failing due to how the bot is waiting and checking on various things.

Try this:

Code: Select all

<skill name="DIYCE_SKILL" range="180" type="damage" casttime="0" cooldown="1" target="enemy" priority="100" globalcooldown="false"/>
Key things are:
cast time of 0
cooldown of 1
globalcooldown is disabled

This combination will prevent the bot from waiting for casting to start (for things that do not have a cast time, and do not affect global cooldown), waiting for casting to finish, and waiting to see if the skill connects/damages the target.

Whenever a skill "fails" 3 times in a row, this can cause your character to try to disengage with the target, and this is likely what was causing that delay you were noticing.

cricoideus

#5 Post by cricoideus » Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:53 am

hi I bugged the global cooldown and found that some skills hit twice. How can I write this with DIYCE. Can someone help pls?