r425 (experimental change) needs testing

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Administrator
Site Admin

r425 (experimental change) needs testing

#1 Post by Administrator » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:17 pm

I've added some code that should help with the use of skills that require certain buffs/debuffs. Right now, this revision only contains code for KNIGHT_PUNISHMENT. Now, whenever there are 3 Light Seals on the enemy target, it will use Punishment properly.

This can be expanded to all skills by modifying database/skills.xml. Add these attributes to a skill description:

Code: Select all

reqbufftype="debuff" reqbuffcount="3" reqbufftarget="target" reqbuffname="Light Seal III"
Where:
  • *reqbufftype is either "buff" or "debuff"
    *reqbuffcount is a value above 1 (the required number of stacks to use)
    *reqbufftarget is "player" (for player buffs/debuffs) or "target" (for target buffs/debuffs)
    *reqbuffname is the name of the buff/debuff (ie. "Light Seal III")
I need people to test this and report any problems they have with this revision.

shavas

Re: r425 (experimental change) needs testing

#2 Post by shavas » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:43 pm

I have been trying to test this, but a couple of issues.

1 being... to geared and critters dying to fast.

2 being that the bot WILL NOT CAST IN A FIXED ORDER.

to test some of these abilities we need spells to be cast in x order. Even with the priority settings miles apart it still cast certain spells far more often than others. even if the skill requirements are fine.

So can we make the priority a 100% fixed order and not a random selection of what to cast next. I know it will have to skip skills if the requirements are not set, but it gets annoying that my W cast Slash at priority 40 over Probing Attack at 150 priority.

so i guess we need it to cast in order. If you look at how autcombat script works their is 2 options. Priority and Order. Order goes from top to bottom then back again. Priority just Checks if it can do no.1 and will repeat doing that till the checks say no it cant and then go onto num.2 etc.

Anyways that is the feedback atm. I would prefer a 100% fixed order of my abilities to be cast at. If num1 cant be used then goes onto 2 etc etc till the end then loops. Of course i then modify it be maxuse / pull only options as well.

Cheers.

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: r425 (experimental change) needs testing

#3 Post by Administrator » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:34 am

You can cast skills in order by using the OnSkillCast event. There are a few threads about this. And, if you were using skills in a predefined order, then there would be no need for this change anyways. You could just use Holy Strike 3 times before punishment.

I am also worried about any side effects this could have. Any abnormal issues (such as getting stuck often, difficulty moving, or anything else) should be reported here.